Futaba 4PLS Radio Binding Issues >

Futaba 4PLS Radio Binding Issues

Like Tree1Likes

Futaba 4PLS Radio Binding Issues

Old 08-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Futaba 4PLS Radio Binding Issues

Hello, I recently purchased a Futaba 4PLS and it's my first radio with the new 2.4ghz technology. Just got back into RC and wow has the hobby evolved. Anyway back to my question. I got a receiver 203GF (I think) basically the non telemetry 3 channel receiver (I don't need the telemetry with this model) and I see that I can change the radio to other "broadcast" styles. I try to change it using the disp switch thing and change it to s-fh or any other style and the "bind" won't show up. I see the binding option under t-fh however when I go to FHSS / S-FH it won't give me the option to bind. I have tried binding the receiver to the T-FH and it won't bind at all. Took the receiver back to my LHS and it bound to his futaba so I know it's good. My battery is charged up, I have tried putting it very close (under 2 inches) to the transmitter and also tried a few feet and all in between.

Is there some magic sauce to get it to bind a non-telemetry futaba S-FHSS receiver to a 4pls or am I up the creek and need to purchase all telemetry receivers?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

"Bind" will only show up in the telemetry modes. For the other modes, you bind it like the regular 4PL. Turn it on, set it to "SFH" or "SFH-HI" depending on your servos, bring it to about a a foot away from your receiver, power up the receiver, press the "sw" switch on the receiver and wait for the light to stop blinking and turn green. After that, you should be ready to go.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up YESSSSS!!

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
"Bind" will only show up in the telemetry modes. For the other modes, you bind it like the regular 4PL. Turn it on, set it to "SFH" or "SFH-HI" depending on your servos, bring it to about a a foot away from your receiver, power up the receiver, press the "sw" switch on the receiver and wait for the light to stop blinking and turn green. After that, you should be ready to go.
Church bells rang and Stevie Wonder sang "We are the world" after I read this. Thank you! I would call Futaba but I have no time to do so while I'm at work and by the time I get home they are closed. Needless to say, you were completely correct and it worked flawlessly.

Thank you!
mushroomed likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amithus View Post
Church bells rang and Stevie Wonder sang "We are the world" after I read this. Thank you! I would call Futaba but I have no time to do so while I'm at work and by the time I get home they are closed. Needless to say, you were completely correct and it worked flawlessly.

Thank you!
Aren't ya glad you joined rc tech now! Just joined myself not to long ago and I have received a lot of great help. I also just got my 4 pls in the other day. I havnt had a chance to install yet though. BOL with the new radio. Keep posting on your thoughts or problems with it.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes the 4PLS work flawlessly with S-FHSS rx but when you bind BE PATIENT in waiting that the green led turn solid.
After you pushed the SW button on whatever S-FHSS rx you are trying to bind from green blinking in shut off for aprox. 7-10secs and soon after it turn SOLID GREEN telling you that the BIND is successfull.

For this "little" detail I become MAD!. I'm not new to computerized radios (actually I'm an happy heli user witha JR 12X returning to buggies after many years of inactivity in this field..) but the S-FHSS are a little lazy to turn solid green IMMEDIATLY check it out and you will see by yourselves what I'm trying to explain.
Good luck guys!
The 4PLS seems to be an INCREDIBLE radio! Have fun!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I know this is an old thread but, THANK YOU ... this is exactly what I needed. Thought I was losing my mind trying to bind my new receiver.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Having trouble centering my steering as soon as I bind the front wheels snapped right. My throttle was moving by the remote wheels my trigger did not move anything. So I switched plugs in 2 and 3 then my trigger moved my throttle and brakes but my wheel does not move anything. My servos are protek 130s and 130t. Need help
Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Your steering needs to be plugged into channel 1 on the receiver and your ESC into channel 2.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

So, I'm having similar problems; I can't get *ANY* LED at all on the rX (brand-new, right out of the box) with the car powered up.

Info:
ESC: Tekin RS Pro
Battery: 2-cell, 7.4v LiPo (charged to 8.4V)
Motor: R1 Wurks 13.5 Brushless
Servo: GoTek GS-D9257 digital servo
Radio: Futaba 4PLS
Receiver: R204GF-E

I have tried setting the 4PLS to both "S-FHSS (NORM)" and "S-FHSS (HIGH)" (digital servo, correct?). I have tried plugging the ESC rX plug in to all four ports on the receiver. The radio works with my original receiver (R304-SB) in my other pan car - on a 1-cell with booster. I know the servo and ESC are good, because everything works fine with my Spektrum radio.

After I had changed modes a couple of different times, I switch the radio on and off to "save" it. I've even tried setting it back to "FHSS" mode.

When I turn on the car at the ESC power switch, with the ESC plugged in to the receiver, I get *nothing* - no LED *at all* on the receiver. I'll hold down the "bind" button on the receiver (with the radio turned on), and get *nothing* at all. The car will power on (although no calibration) with the battery plugged in to the ESC, but UNplugged from the receiver.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/th...issues.105969/

Could be something in there that helps?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cant see SFH on my 4 px.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you need re-bind (because you need to use in another 4pls system)?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gallu79 View Post
If you need re-bind (because you need to use in another 4pls system)?
If you change the tx, you need to rebind.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, it’s my turn to bring back dormant thread. I’m having zero luck with getting receivers to bind. Over few weeks I’m on about 5 hours of trying. I’ve watched videos, 7 year old make it look easy.

Sometimes receivers flash red. Or solid red when I hold the button. But controller always shows error.

I have 4 receivers. All have same results.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'd recommend doing a factory reset on your radio first. Then once all settings are back to default, try binding again. Also, are you sure your ESC wires are in the right orientation/order?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service