Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
2 DEFECTIVE "OUT OF THE BOX" NEW TEAM ORION VST 2 MOTORS???? >

2 DEFECTIVE "OUT OF THE BOX" NEW TEAM ORION VST 2 MOTORS????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 DEFECTIVE "OUT OF THE BOX" NEW TEAM ORION VST 2 MOTORS????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I have followed the r10 thread on and off. I have seen a few posts about cogging. I would check there. It might be the firmware your using or even a setting. Most of the issues were with 4 poles, but I would still look there and again make sure your throttle epa is 100%
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

maybe check to see if you are on the mod profile also? mine was cogging a little with a reedy 6.5 but I guess cause I was in the stock profile setting
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just some ideas make sure the radio EPA is no higher than 100 reset it to the Esc. Make sure the Esc is not on profile 1 with the mod as that has timing in it plus whatever the motor had might be too much. I would personally set it to profile 4 which is blinky mod until you get it all sorted. Hope this helps! I know someone said to check if you were running mod or stock software. If the Esc is new it came with stock software which will run both stock and mod fine. Make sure the wires to the motor from the Esc are soldered to the correct tabs. I know it's trivial but I admit even I have mixed one wire myself and I have raced for a long time.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

$160.00 is insane for one motor. The VST motors were not very good, maybe Orion needs to go back to the drawing board.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

have you tried yet a different motor, a different brand maybe? i suspect the sensor board on your ESC might be cooked, and not a motor defect. there are many components involved in troubleshooting.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Operator error? I must admit that is the most likely reason for this. What are the odds that 2 new motors are bad out of the box in a row? Hence the reason for all of the question marks in this title. I am a noob after all. But as I said before, there were other greater Rc minds present during all of this who concluded the motors were likely bad. I spoke with Horizon this morning. They suggested I try another speed control. Which I will do today. I also will try another motor before swap esc's. The nagging thought I keep having is that both motors had a dead spot in in half of their rotation. Meaning that if they stop on that dead side they would not start up again unless they were manually rotated. We checked the esc sensor board by plugging in the programming box. Which seemed to work fine. Could the esc cause this? I will try the above suggestions to extent I understand what your saying. Thanks everyone. Keep the suggestions coming.

GITSUM, I noticed we are in the same neighborhood. We were "down the street" last night when all of this fun took place. Would you be around at One H today? Sounds like you are probably the "greatest" of the Orion minds around here. I will gladly eat my own shorts to find out this was operator error!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

One H is closed today and I'm heading back to Phx from Cali this afternoon. I will be more than willing to help out if you would like to meet at One H say tomorrow when they open. I even have the programming box to make sure all is correct as far as what software etc. pm me and ill get you my cell number and drop you a text.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my Team Orion VST2 Pro 7.5t motor and yet to use it for another week or two due to the fact I am waiting on the sensor wire and my busy schedule, I would like to know if this only occurred to your 8.5t and not your 17.5t?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Man - if I was new I'd be afraid to ask a question on RC Tech. Some of you guys are like sharks circling trying to tear up a new person.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to chip in here and state that I purchased a 6.5 and a 7.5 VST2 motor and found that there were problems with the 6.5. I tried it on all three esc that i had then on an Orion R10 and all had the same problem not matter what sensor lead was used. I then tested the 7.5 straight out of the box on the same ESC and different sensor wires and got the same problem as the 6.5. I was then loaned a brand new 5.5 VST2 pro straight out of the box and it was perfectly fine. So my 6.5 and 7.5 went back to Kyosho UK and they repaired them and sent them back and they are fine now.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Update

I'm curious what battery pack you're using on these buggies.
Have you relieved this issue at all? I'm curious what the outcome was.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Sooooo how was this solved? I have exactly the same problem with it