Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah factory resets can help when there's an issue like this. Good course of action, well done.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

stupid question:

just hooked my rx8 gen2 to my pro4 4600 on my 4wd sct. my fan seems to only come in for a second after turning on the speedo, then shuts off. do i have a faulty fan? thanks. everything runs fine (throttle/break/steering)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
stupid question:

just hooked my rx8 gen2 to my pro4 4600 on my 4wd sct. my fan seems to only come in for a second after turning on the speedo, then shuts off. do i have a faulty fan? thanks. everything runs fine (throttle/break/steering)
Default it does that.
You can go into the hotwire and change the fan to always on.
That is just a self check
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
stupid question:

Fan is doing exactly as it should, just to let you know its working properly. The fan will only come on when the unit reaches about 125 degrees. You can set in the hotwire to have the fan always on if you desire.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Dataloging and temperatures?

I have already posted this questions od tekin forum, but there was no reply from tekin

I have a RX8 gen2 - T8 2000kV combo on a LRP S8-TXe and it works great, realy smooth.
I also use the dataloging function (with the HotWire) on the ESC (especialy for the ESC and motor temperatures) and I would like to clarify a couple of things:
At what temperature does the ESC thermal protection kick in (ESC datasheet around 104°C/220F)?
Does the ESC also shut down in case of T8 motor overtemperature? Because you have both ESC and motor temperatures available in dataloging and it shouldn't be a problem to protect the whole system (regarding the overtemperature).
If the ESC also protects the motor, what is the motor temperature setpoint at which the protection kicks in?
What are the highest still recomended temperatures for the ESC and the motor?
What are the temperatures that you should never exceed?
Are you talking about the dataloging (inside) temperatures of the ESC and motor or the temperatures that you measure on the outside of the T8 motor (IR thermometer)? The temperatures can be different for as much as 20°C/36F (in case of T8 temperatures around 80°C/176F). Dataloger shows about 85°C/185F and the outside IR measurement about 65°C/150F.
What is the cpacitiy (length) of the RX8 gen2 dataloger? If I set it to store data every second, how many minutes would it store the data?
What hapens when the dataloger is full? Does it stop loging or it overwrites oldest data?

Thank you in advance, J.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xisEL...htXEGCAhBRELrA

Tekin Rx8 gen 2 in action. Starting 4th ended up finishing 2nd led most of the race made some mistakes at the end but still a good day. This is my 11 yr old son driving. The new gen 2 has been awesome.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How do you get motor temp into data logging function?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by RKK_J
I have already posted this questions od tekin forum, but there was no reply from tekin

I have a RX8 gen2 - T8 2000kV combo on a LRP S8-TXe and it works great, realy smooth.
I also use the dataloging function (with the HotWire) on the ESC (especialy for the ESC and motor temperatures) and I would like to clarify a couple of things:

At what temperature does the ESC thermal protection kick in (ESC datasheet around 104°C/220F)?

Yes, about 220F.

Does the ESC also shut down in case of T8 motor overtemperature? Because you have both ESC and motor temperatures available in dataloging and it shouldn't be a problem to protect the whole system (regarding the overtemperature).
If the ESC also protects the motor, what is the motor temperature setpoint at which the protection kicks in?

No, the ESC does not shut down if the motor is ran too hot.

What are the highest still recomended temperatures for the ESC and the motor?
What are the temperatures that you should never exceed?
Are you talking about the dataloging (inside) temperatures of the ESC and motor or the temperatures that you measure on the outside of the T8 motor (IR thermometer)? The temperatures can be different for as much as 20°C/36F (in case of T8 temperatures around 80°C/176F). Dataloger shows about 85°C/185F and the outside IR measurement about 65°C/150F.

180*F on the outside of the motor can and 220*F on the ESC. You'll never get a 100% accurate reading with a temp gun on the external and yes, the data will read higher than you'll see on the outside with a gun.

What is the cpacitiy (length) of the RX8 gen2 dataloger? If I set it to store data every second, how many minutes would it store the data?
What hapens when the dataloger is full? Does it stop loging or it overwrites oldest data?

This all depends on how many parameters you are recording and at what resolution. If all are turned on and at high resolution, it can be as little as 2-3 minutes. If you are only watching 1 item at low resolution, could be up around 10 minutes. Once the memory is full, the ESC stops recording. You have to clear the data to start over.

Thank you in advance, J.
Answers in red.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical
How do you get motor temp into data logging function?
Plug your ESC in and go to the datalogging. Choose which graphs you want to record in the Graph drop down menu.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the quick response, but I should have been more clear in my question... I can see the motor temp graph, but the data isn't changing. How does the ESC get the motor temp data to log? Do I have to run a Tekin motor for it to work??? Everything else works fine - throttle, voltage, esc temp, rpm.

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Plug your ESC in and go to the datalogging. Choose which graphs you want to record in the Graph drop down menu.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical
Thanks for the quick response, but I should have been more clear in my question... I can see the motor temp graph, but the data isn't changing. How does the ESC get the motor temp data to log? Do I have to run a Tekin motor for it to work??? Everything else works fine - throttle, voltage, esc temp, rpm.
my motor temp does not work either....all motors are Tekin
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mine works fine, are you guys downloading the new Data Log?

#1 You should Delete the initial data that came in the esc when new, it's probably from testing done at the factory. Delete the factory data.

#2 download the new data, save it to your PC then clear the ESC again for your next run.

#3 You can reload the data you downloaded and saved and get your read outs from the file.

I like to stay organized so i name my files by date and track name, that way i can go back and see what i was running. The new data logging is sick! I love it!

You can actually see where you was on the track at that point in time..

PS: Still waiting to be approved on the Tekin forum, been 4 days now..
Old 07-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My rx8 gen 2 white case busted to pieces . Big race this Saturday . Do I have any options ? Where could I order one and overnight it ?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

I've cleared all data from the ESC if that's what you mean. I can open the new data file from a fresh run, and there's no motor temp data. Is it really necessary to save it to a PC and then reload to view? Doesn't make sense. I can view the new run in the Tekin hotwire software. Hmmm....

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Mine works fine, are you guys downloading the new Data Log?

#1 You should Delete the initial data that came in the esc when new, it's probably from testing done at the factory. Delete the factory data.

#2 download the new data, save it to your PC then clear the ESC again for your next run.

#3 You can reload the data you downloaded and saved and get your read outs from the file.

I like to stay organized so i name my files by date and track name, that way i can go back and see what i was running. The new data logging is sick! I love it!

You can actually see where you was on the track at that point in time..

PS: Still waiting to be approved on the Tekin forum, been 4 days now..
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I first got my RX8 I was able to read data logs no problem. Now when I go to the track and try to read the data logs the next day there is no data. Doesn't matter if the battery stays plugged in or not. Does the data eventually erase itself after a certain period of time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.