Official FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter Thread >

Official FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter Thread

Like Tree3Likes

Official FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rac3rX View Post
I was looking at this TX but didn't get it because of the rebind every time you change modle. Not to mention I got a Naked DX4R Pro for only 50$ more, no accessories but I already have 3 RX, found 2 AVC RX cheap and orderred 2 clone SR3100 RX that work perfect and are dirt cheap 10$ a pop. Gonna order 2 more clone SR3100 now that I know they work...

With 9 RC rebinding every model change was a killer, I spent a lil more in the end but I'm ahead IMO the DX4R recognizes the RX the modle is binded to and each modle memory only controls the RX its binded to. No worries about mixed up settings like the DX3R, just select modle then turn on the RC, if the wrong modle is selected the TX & RX won't pair up. Great feature.

Futaba guys can use OrangeRx GR400S S-FHSS Clones - 10$

Spektrum guys can use Blue MX SR3100 DSM Clones - 10$

Cheap RX are out there and they work. The 2 I mentioned work just like the originals.

Only if you need Telemetry or AVC do you need Originals.
I agree with you. I was under the impression that all of the newer radios had these issues sorted out. What a joke. Would you believe that after all this time since i made my post regarding this radio system, that FlySky C.S. has still yet to return a single email? That is just pure garbage. They'll never get a single dime from me or my family.....

I got a 4PL as its replacement, and I am satisfied with the deal. I miss the look and feel of my Airtronics radios, but I just had to know what the Futabas were like and the receivers were a little cheaper.

On those Orange receivers, is there a source for the Futaba FHSS receivers other than Hobbyking International? I have had trouble locating them if so. The international shipping really chews up a lot of the savings over the Futaba units, making the cost savings so negligible that i've been getting the Futaba units instead.

I did get a couple of those delta 8ch receivers from Frsky and they work really well so far, but have a slightly larger footprint than the other recievers. They have the distinct advantage of being compatible with more than one radio brand which is quite advantageous should you ever switch brands.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by malaval_ren View Post
I'm continuing to work with Flysky to solve my problem but :

I have replaced the two resources of types "RCDATA" inside file "Modelcraft GT4 v2 Firmware Update GT 207200.exe" by the ones from the file "Update firmware FS-iT4-US.exe" identification 900 and 901.

The update process has worked perfectly, but I does some collateral damage in the software level.

Flysky FS-iT4
Version 1.02US
Hardware 1.0
07-12-2013
TX ID: 0150BAB4

A new menu item is present "i-BUS setup" on "RX setup" :

Where can I find documentation about it, please ?
Where can I found information about i-Bus, please ?

Any ideas, please ?

Great news, I got an email from Flysky

The FS-iT4 has an FACTORY MODE

With it, I could calibrate throttle and steering and fix the most important of the collateral damage.

Regards,
Renaud
Hi all,
I tried also to update my Modelcraft GT4v2 to another language. I downloaded the firmware from the big C "207200-up-02-en-UPDATE_FIRMWARE_FS_IT4_DE2_ISTOLENGRIFF_.zip" and the firmware from Carson "500500516_REFLEX_Ultimate_Touch_update.zip". All what you need is this tool: resourcehacker. Then you can open extract the RCdata from Carson and then use the original from Conrad and replace the RCdata with that ones from Carson. Save the new firmware an voila you have now the GT4v2 with german and englisch menu.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered one and not a fan. The wheel is sticking on the remote and not bouncing back like a normal controller. I did not read all 43 pages but saw a lot of negative comments am I correct in thinking that the IT4 is a POS?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OneLuG View Post
Just ordered one and not a fan. The wheel is sticking on the remote and not bouncing back like a normal controller. I did not read all 43 pages but saw a lot of negative comments am I correct in thinking that the IT4 is a POS?
My experience with it was not a positive one. I outlined my issues with it a page or two back, it did not include the problem you are having though. Although I can tell you that the return is slower than what I was used to with my Airtronics.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wrenchdoctor View Post
My experience with it was not a positive one. I outlined my issues with it a page or two back, it did not include the problem you are having though. Although I can tell you that the return is slower than what I was used to with my Airtronics.
So I took the time and read through 43 pages of binding issues LOL. I kept seeing the word cheap come up and nothing really positive about the remote.

My first impression out of box was cheap plastic and when the wheel would not snap back like a normal remote and LCD would not flick like a phone I figured I made a bad decision.

I went down to a local known hobby shop and a rep put the mid level Spektrum in my hand and wow what a difference in feel. I felt I could drop it and it would not break, I do not feel that way with the Flysky. The flysky wheel and trigger feel like they are built cheap and would not last for serious racing or daily bashing. I am not a fan of the moving wheel function either.

Thank god amazon returns broken or defected items. I will say I like the fact you get the rechargeable battery and telemetry with it but will it really last in the long run, i doubt it.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OneLuG View Post
So I took the time and read through 43 pages of binding issues LOL. I kept seeing the word cheap come up and nothing really positive about the remote.

My first impression out of box was cheap plastic and when the wheel would not snap back like a normal remote and LCD would not flick like a phone I figured I made a bad decision.

I went down to a local known hobby shop and a rep put the mid level Spektrum in my hand and wow what a difference in feel. I felt I could drop it and it would not break, I do not feel that way with the Flysky. The flysky wheel and trigger feel like they are built cheap and would not last for serious racing or daily bashing. I am not a fan of the moving wheel function either.

Thank god amazon returns broken or defected items. I will say I like the fact you get the rechargeable battery and telemetry with it but will it really last in the long run, i doubt it.
Yep, my experience mirrors your exactly. It feels like a toy. The screen and telemetry is completely useless in the bright sun.

My biggest selling point was the telemetry(quick temp feedback on nitro is great) and the $7 receivers (on vehicles that i didnt want telemetry on). I have several different models and being able to get them all going with their own receiver represents a significant "after purchase" cost.

While this is subjective, I realized that the longer I owned it, the more i came to dislike the "bling" associated with and its attention grabbing colors. Coupled with my additional problems, i was very happy to get out from under this radio system. I replaced it with a Futaba 4PL and am happy once again.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Although I no longer have my it4 in the 18 months I used it, I never had a single issue or problem with it. It's screen was a bit hard to use on a bright day but I mainly raced indoors so if doesn't bother me. Most of the telemetry features I didn't use but the motor temp sensor was handy.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the kyosho vs? Looks much better, has adjustable tension on the wheel. It also says it's fhss. Wich I have heard is faster. Any thoughts? Other wise I think I'll be getting a graupner x8n
Old 03-22-2016, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 313 (100%+)

Any ideas where I would get a replacement battery door for one of these?
Old 03-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

So, what's the verdict? Stay away? The last few posts do not look promising.
company doesn't answer emails either?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Been using mine for a few months now, love it no issues. I have it controlling several of my race rigs using smaller micro receivers and non of the telemetry stuff. Only recommendation is leave the stylus in the battery compartment so it dont slide out. Get the IT4s and not the older IT4, newer modulation and I am assuming some other enhancements.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Update and binding issues.

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I bought a FS-iT4 from Bang Bad!! (Bang Good). Thought by now that they would have had these issues fixed, but it looks like they're not. My firmware version is 1.01-CN 03-12-2012. I have sent several messages to both Fly Sky US and China, with no reply. Bang Good asked for videos to show the issue. After the videos, they sent a message saying that it works well. So it looks like I'm not going to get any help from them. If someone could help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 05-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by superjoe5000 View Post
So, what's the verdict? Stay away? The last few posts do not look promising.
company doesn't answer emails either?
I'd say stay away. Spend a little more and go with Futaba or Airtronics, pick your poison. They stand behind their stuff, and offer quality even in the more budget priced items. I went Futaba simply because the receivers are cheaper.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I would go to something else, but if I can't return it and get my money back then I'm stuck with it. I don't think it's a bad system, just has some bugs. I have a FS-GT3C that I'm very happy with, but wanted something with a few more features.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

So After I played around for a while, I again contacted the dealer I bought the FS-iT4 from. They gave me a full refund and let me keep the radio. I ordered a FS-iT4S from a different dealer. While waiting for the new radio, I continued to play around with the old one, and was finally able to do a firmware update, witch fixed the steering mix issue. The new radio came in today, and it works perfectly. Tested the binding to multiple receivers, new and old, no problem. And got a bonus, I ordered the base unit, but when I opened the box, I was surprised to find a full set of telemetry sensors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service