Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PROTEK SERVO Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MOE
I got a 130t on the way, cant wait to try it out! I wanted a better servo for my SCTE.
That is a great choice for your car. I am sure you will be pleased with it.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The discription for the gears just says "metal" are they titanium? Or, some other alloy?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

The ProTek servo internal gears are coated aluminum for long life and smooth operation.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wow, these servos are nice! I ordered the 130t for my scte. I had to double check I had it plugged it when I first powered it up. No chatter at idle and very quiet even under a load! more than hapy with my purchase. get them while there still on sale!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Great to hear MOE. Thank you for giving them a try. I am sure you are going to be very happy with your purchase.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Between the 150T, 150S and 130T which do you feel is the best choice for an 8T E-conversion with MM combo running Castles 10A BEC? I will mainly be bashing with big MT tires and may race it as well. Looking for speed, torque and durability/reliability.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Not to take away from anything you said but there is 1 thing I have noticed from R/C component mfg/retailers when they launch a new product/line is the over stating of testing. It seems (and rightfully so) that products are tested internally by team drivers, given a stellar rating for durability, edge in winning, design accolades and then when sold to the general public are the real bugs worked out.

Club level racers/bashers (self included in this group) don't have the talent or skill of a team driver and we tend to be a touch harder in our racing. Almost all major recent vehicle releases have has some "unforseen" issues that were dealt with after the sale (Xray's new 4wd buggy diff cases being a poster child in a mfg really stepping up, losi scte and 22 issues in there as well) when the cars really get in the hands of consumers.

While I can appreciate the desire to put the best foot forward and keep a product under wraps to build the hype, has there been any "real world (not team driver world)" testing?

I look forward to seeing how these stack up under some real world action.

Originally Posted by mkorn
The ProTek servos have been tested in every imaginable way, and then tested again. We had a year of real world on track data and testing before a single servo was put up for sale.

We had clear goals in mind for the ProTek servo project.
1. Make the best servos available.
2. Test, test, test until every single team driver was 100% happy with each servos performance.
3. Assure durability for a minimum of 1 year. We had 0 failures during this testing period!
4. The ability to offer the entire servo line at unmatched pricing.

We achieved all of our goals and are extremely proud of the project. We stand behind anything we sell and we hope you all enjoy them. If you have any questions about any ProTek products my information is in my signature.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Not to take away from anything you said but there is 1 thing I have noticed from R/C component mfg/retailers when they launch a new product/line is the over stating of testing. It seems (and rightfully so) that products are tested internally by team drivers, given a stellar rating for durability, edge in winning, design accolades and then when sold to the general public are the real bugs worked out.

Club level racers/bashers (self included in this group) don't have the talent or skill of a team driver and we tend to be a touch harder in our racing. Almost all major recent vehicle releases have has some "unforseen" issues that were dealt with after the sale (Xray's new 4wd buggy diff cases being a poster child in a mfg really stepping up, losi scte and 22 issues in there as well) when the cars really get in the hands of consumers.

While I can appreciate the desire to put the best foot forward and keep a product under wraps to build the hype, has there been any "real world (not team driver world)" testing?

I look forward to seeing how these stack up under some real world action.
Great question and a very good point!

You are absolutely correct in saying that products need to be tested by ordinary bashers to work out the real world bugs. We actually did do that and I should have mentioned it in my previous post. Nearly all of our new products are not only tested by our team drivers, but they are also tested by employees that are not pro level drivers. In fact they are usually the hardest on everything because they know we are testing.

The ProTek servos were extensively bashed for the entire team testing phase. They proved themselves for all users. From pro to Joe.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SynRG
Between the 150T, 150S and 130T which do you feel is the best choice for an 8T E-conversion with MM combo running Castles 10A BEC? I will mainly be bashing with big MT tires and may race it as well. Looking for speed, torque and durability/reliability.
The 150T would be the best for that application. It's all metal case, and has the big torque and speed numbers to get the job done easily.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkorn
The ProTek servos have been tested in every imaginable way, and then tested again. We had a year of real world on track data and testing before a single servo was put up for sale.

We had clear goals in mind for the ProTek servo project.
1. Make the best servos available.
2. Test, test, test until every single team driver was 100% happy with each servos performance.
3. Assure durability for a minimum of 1 year. We had 0 failures during this testing period!
4. The ability to offer the entire servo line at unmatched pricing.

We achieved all of our goals and are extremely proud of the project. We stand behind anything we sell and we hope you all enjoy them. If you have any questions about any ProTek products my information is in my signature.

So out of sheer curiosity, Is this something you'll be backing up with as a Warranty ?

We all know Hitec's stance on Old/Broken/In Need or service servo's that are WELL out of "Standard" warranty range.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree on the Hitec being durable. I personally use some, but the low cost high voltage one have been big failures for my team. We lost almost 6 HV cheap hitec servos and 2 back to back at Femca race last year. So we decided to get the Savox and Futaba HV ones
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I've got my eye on the 150T they are beautiful with that aluminum case. I'd like to get 2 for my truggy
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks like the protek servos took a jump in price yesterday. I was looking at the 130T in the morning for $85, Went to buy it in the evening and it was 99.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are replacement gear sets and cases available (just in case)?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I bought 2 of the Protek 150S servos, within 1 weekend of use they both had what was described to me as the "Futaba Shakes".
I sent both back for replacements.

I hope they can get this issue resolved as they are very smooth servos that I hope to use for a very long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.