Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
alternative receivers for sanwa/airtronics mt4 ? >

alternative receivers for sanwa/airtronics mt4 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

alternative receivers for sanwa/airtronics mt4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default alternative receivers for sanwa/airtronics mt4 ?

hey guys, i've been searching but no results concerning my question...

has anyone used alternative receivers? such as outside of sanwa/airtronics?
im trying to figure out cheaper alternatives.

any info is appreciated, thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mx sport receivers are a cheaper Alternative. I Have heard orange rx makes one but i would never everever trust my $1000 toy cars to those.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by valk
Mx sport receivers are a cheaper Alternative. I Have heard orange rx makes one but i would never everever trust my $1000 toy cars to those.
hmm maybe on the mx sport.
with the orange receiver, which one would work on the mt4?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

any other options out there?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

nothing else huh?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

mx sport receivers look to be it. i think they around $50 which is comparable to futaba fhss receievers. not bad at all.
could be worse, my "Value" Receiver is 92744 at $89-$99 lol. next one from that, 92451R at $120, and my RX471 "i have only two" at $139 lol...... ...

just mount the rx in such a way its easy to change i guess. i did it in my 12th to touring car and back in same nights racing.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

sanwa RX371FS

Old 12-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

alright thanks for the replies guys!

i was hoping there was a cheap cross over brand that would be compatible.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

the AIR92524 is the most affordable one. Orange makes them for spectrum and futaba
frsky makes an incredible one for futaba but no one makes them for airtronics
i guess airtronics doesn't have the market that futaba and spectrum (not popular enough to make a clone).

I just purchased the AIR92524 and its flawless so far
I have two Airtronics RX-461 and i can not tell any difference in response.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shadow4478
the AIR92524 is the most affordable one. Orange makes them for spectrum and futaba
frsky makes an incredible one for futaba but no one makes them for airtronics
i guess airtronics doesn't have the market that futaba and spectrum (not popular enough to make a clone).

I just purchased the AIR92524 and its flawless so far
I have two Airtronics RX-461 and i can not tell any difference in response.
When you see how much time orange rx receivers need to bind to the radio you re-think twice about their response time. They are cheap, they do their job but I wouldn't recommend them for racing. I had a few of cheapo receivers before I sold all my Spektrum stuff and lost the signal more often than with orginal Spektrum receivers which weren't great either actually . If you want cheap receivers, don't get a Sanwa . I just upgraded for a M11X and know I'll pay more to run this brand, but it's no surprise.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pulse_
When you see how much time orange rx receivers need to bind to the radio you re-think twice about their response time. They are cheap, they do their job but I wouldn't recommend them for racing. I had a few of cheapo receivers before I sold all my Spektrum stuff and lost the signal more often than with orginal Spektrum receivers which weren't great either actually . If you want cheap receivers, don't get a Sanwa . I just upgraded for a M11X and know I'll pay more to run this bran, but it's no surprise.

I agree with the orange rx they seem to have their issues. the cheap $59 airtrronic ones is what I consider a cheap solution frsky modules and rx are much better then orange. Personally I stick with airtronics.

Does anyone know how the airtronics FHSS rx comparest to futabas FASST
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shadow4478
I agree with the orange rx they seem to have their issues. the cheap $59 airtrronic ones is what I consider a cheap solution frsky modules and rx are much better then orange. Personally I stick with airtronics.

Does anyone know how the airtronics FHSS rx comparest to futabas FASST
"the fasst are faster, but only a super hero will notice"
Old 12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Dunno about that. Most
People would agree fhss 3/4 is faster than fasst. Though how you can measure this i dont know.
Would be great to see real
World testing. C2 fasst seems to be at least on par with fhss3 airtronics though.

Binding with futaba is very easy and doesnt ever unbind. But airtronics is only one additional step to bind and never unbinds heh.

I think both are very good products. Just too bad there is no more interchangability in radio/ rx.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by valk
Dunno about that. Most
People would agree fhss 3/4 is faster than fasst. Though how you can measure this i dont know.
Would be great to see real
World testing. C2 fasst seems to be at least on par with fhss3 airtronics though.

Binding with futaba is very easy and doesnt ever unbind. But airtronics is only one additional step to bind and never unbinds heh.

I think both are very good products. Just too bad there is no more interchangability in radio/ rx.
I would like to see some real comparisons as well
When I tried to compare fhss 2 vs 3 I couldn't find much either
3 and 4 are the same except the 4 indicates telemetry, or that's what I could find.

Has anyone tried a frsky module
It's supposed to be the latest and greatest all the airplane guys rave about it
A lot of them seem to be using the modules with JR and Futaba
Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

there is an fh3t as well if you scroll through the radio bind list, but i guess tehy dont sell that here. fh4t is the bind mode for rx 461 and 471, but the 471 doesnt support telemetry function. couldnt tell if its faster but the m12/471 is the fastest you can get from airtronics, followed by the m11x and 451r, mt-4 with 461/471 would be further behind those but still under 10ms.

of course, this is information ive asimilated from this website. there are no independent published graphs to show the radios compared to eachother in relative latency.

I wont lie, i fell into the hype when i went from futaba to airtronics, but really, you cant make a bad decision buying one or the other. at my track there is a even dispersion of dx3x and futaba 4pks. at big races you will see a lot of 4pks and high end airtronics.

m12 is a very nice radio, but im not convinced the value for money was there. it feels a lot like the mt4 in hand. has a lot of extra features and is faster apparently. its more adjustable which is nice, but still.. $300 more? nah.
having owned both, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend the mt-4 to anybody who has any desire to be serious with their rc. receivers are expensive but they are absolutely reliable.. but same with futaba. anything north of $200 from these two companies is really very capable and competitive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.