Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HPI Truggy Flux Steering Servo Died, Recommend Upgrade! >

HPI Truggy Flux Steering Servo Died, Recommend Upgrade!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Truggy Flux Steering Servo Died, Recommend Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HPI Truggy Flux Steering Servo Died, Recommend Upgrade!

Just wanted to introduce myself, rookie RC user and recently purchased a new HPI Trophy Truggy Flux, Onyx 245 Charger and two SPC 2s 6000mah batteries. Figured this would be a decent starter setup for me(strictly basher). I had read online that the Truggy had a few flaws and I found one after about 15 minutes of run time, the supplied steering servo died which caused it to go over a hill and it took one of the steering arms out.

Anyways, don't want to call HPI and get a factory replacement, I want to upgrade so it doesn't happen again. Can you suggest a good replacement for my application? Don't want to spend a ton but want a decent part, around $100 is my budget.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Savox 1256TG. Titanium gears, plenty fast, and enough torque to turn those bigger truggy tires without an issue. Plus, Savox has great warranty service if (big IF!) your servo ever has issues.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks. I've done some searching and it looks like there is always three that gets mentioned:

Savox 1256 like you mentioned
HiTec 7954
HiTec 7955

The Savox and the HiTec 7954 are priced closer together while the 7955 is the most expensive of the group, out of those three would you still suggest the 1256?

Thanks

-Edit-
I went ahead and purchased the Hi-Tec 7954

Last edited by 92GreenGT; 11-12-2012 at 06:42 AM.