Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
SMC LIPO BATTERY THREAD >

SMC LIPO BATTERY THREAD

Like Tree11Likes

SMC LIPO BATTERY THREAD

Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

really want to try some of them motors any body ran them yet.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
i got some 5600 70 c packs i charge them after the race then dont use them till the nex week they seem really flat untill the next charge then they have there punch back. is it bad to leave them fully charded for a week.

Leaving packs fully charged will damage them. We do mention this in the instructions that came with the packs.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MattB11741
Wanted someone to follow up on this portion of the post. I've read the other threads on here about lipo break in. Nothing from the SMC guys though, my new 2s 6500/70c should be here today, wanting to know if there is a proper process to take.
On my equipment I never was able to see a difference between being easy on a pack for a few cycles then doing a full amp cycle.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by silveraider14
figured it out at the track today I tried another shorty pack and it did the same thing.

I guess one of the bullet connectors coming off my esc was bad somehow.
Glad your figured it out. Good connectors are very important or else you will get extra resistance which creates more voltage drop so the pack will hit the LVC earlier due to the voltage drop.

This is also a reason I recommend guys who do run until the LVC kicks in to check the voltage of each cell to make sure they are above 3.4v in fact I think around 3.5 to 3.55v is even better. With lower IR packs they will discharge deeper before the LVC kicks in. This is why it's best to measure the voltage of the cells and not trust your LVC.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by kreator
Do the Shorty 4600mAh 70C batteries come with the pin connectors for my speed control? I am thinking about the Novak Ballistic SC 13.5 and I want to try out a shorty battery
No we don't offer the male connectors with the packs. We offer low resistance male connectors on our site.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
Hey guys, i just finished building a sct410 with hobbywing sct pro and 4700 and need to put in some good strong batteries. I see lots of guys running these smc 's so I went to the site and see the race formula 7200 are pre-order , are they out of stock or are they made per order? if out of stock, any idea when there will be more?
Pre-order means they are out of stock and you can still order them. As soon as more packs come in we will fill out the pre-orders. 7270-2S2P are back in stock now and we're filling out pre-orders. Once pre-orders are filled out we will list what is left on the site.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
hello danny can u guys put EC5 on the lipos?? I lost first place Saturday night cause of a deans plug. but I was able to recover back to 2nd place.
I found out I might have a fake deans plug
We can put EC5 on the packs but this can delay when the packs ship.

With Deans connectors or any connector for that matter you need to make sure it fits tight. If it plugs in easily then your not getting a good connection. On Deans you can take the springy blade on the male connector and make it rounder so it applies more pressure.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default danny

hey danny, I saw the test results from ur smc plugs could u do a test on the deans an ec5 plugs which plug flows power better??
and scott from smc helped me on the plugs. he is very helpful.

thank u guys!!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Just ordered (pre/back) a 2S Race Spec 6500mah...what's the ETA on these?

Also I ordered a motor too, will they ship separately? i.e. will the motor ship soon and not wait for the Lipo?
We have some that came in last week but we must check them out as we noticed some were off on the weight. It will take a few more days to sort these out.

Pre-orders can only ship when both items are ready. We have this printed on our home page.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Company Representative

hey danny, I saw the test results from ur smc plugs could u do a test on the deans an ec5 plugs which plug flows power better??
and scott from smc helped me on the plugs. he is very helpful.

thank u guys!!!!!
I don't have any new Deans here to do the test. The condition of the connector has allot to do with the resistance it will provide.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ashxxx
really want to try some of them motors any body ran them yet.
You can check out some info on the motor here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ss-motors.html
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I don't have any new Deans here to do the test. The condition of the connector has allot to do with the resistance it will provide.
the plug problem was on a old venom 5000mah 35c pack that was over a yr old.
but I was wondering about the test, if u could to see which is better.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
We have some that came in last week but we must check them out as we noticed some were off on the weight. It will take a few more days to sort these out.

Pre-orders can only ship when both items are ready. We have this printed on our home page.
Yea I didn't look too hard for the info on the shipping...not a huge deal. So it sounds like it is possible that my order (again placed just before I posted) might ship off of your recent shipment. That would be great.

Can't wait to switch over to SMC batteries in my B4.2 as I did in my D8 Tekno. If they make a similar difference I will have a huge smile on my face.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Yea I didn't look too hard for the info on the shipping...not a huge deal. So it sounds like it is possible that my order (again placed just before I posted) might ship off of your recent shipment. That would be great.

Can't wait to switch over to SMC batteries in my B4.2 as I did in my D8 Tekno. If they make a similar difference I will have a huge smile on my face.
Yes there is a good chance but we won't know until we sort things out.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Company Representative

the plug problem was on a old venom 5000mah 35c pack that was over a yr old.
but I was wondering about the test, if u could to see which is better.
If I ever have a chance I will test but I'm confident that a Deans in good condition will be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.