Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Anyone racing with a Flysky GT3C? >

Anyone racing with a Flysky GT3C?

Anyone racing with a Flysky GT3C?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Anyone racing with a Flysky GT3C?

There is a ton of info on the Flysky radios, especially the GT3B. I have read lots of info on hacking and upgrades etc.... But can't remember hearing anyone saying they use the GT3C to race and like it.
I did hear a couple mentions about the latency being unacceptable for racing. This may or may not be fixed with a hack.
I really like my GT3C and want to use it, but want to know if I am going to out grow it and need a better radio once I start racing.
Just curious.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody???
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced with mine. It was a totally solid radio. I didn't feel like it was a detriment at all to my driving. That said, my biggest gripe with it was that it wasn't particularly comfortable and it felt cheap. I did end up buying an MT4, but that's because I felt that it would be more comfortable and feel better. I don't race all the time, but I do practice a lot, so having a comfortable Tx is really nice.

Bottom line, the GT3b is a great radio and it shouldn't make you any slower. You may "outgrow" it, but you won't really know until you start racing with it.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have both the B and C model, and havent done any racing with either, but my son has. He has won several novice races with both, and now prefers the C, as do I. It weighs almost nothing and is comfortable to hold for both of us. For offroad I dont see the latency being a problem. I dont run slow servos in either car so maybe that helps. For onroad Im not sure, we will be finding out in a few weeks.