Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Which radio is the best ???? >

Which radio is the best ????

Which radio is the best ????

Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Relentless89 View Post
This is the thing though, the guy from austrailia up there thinks I say airtronics is the best because its "famous" and alot of people run it. BS. Ive owned 4 airtroncs radios over the past 2 years because I like there product. I HAVE driven with futaba, spektrum, propo, airtronics, but never radiopost. After driving all these radios its clear as ever that airtronics is a faster radio, by far. No joke Ive seen guys have a dx3r pro, and they swear by it, than they drive an airtronics radio and sell there spektrum. Not only that spektrum always has issues i hear about them all the time. Propo is really exspensive and the specs doesnt match the price tag, futaba i just dont like the feel of the radio itself, spektrum feels ok but the speed is lacking, and radiopost I wont give the time of day, they have to sponsor so many people like guy up there from austrailia because the radio doesnt sell itself, plain and simple. Just do a review of the specs of an m12 vs the rest of the industries radios, there specs are the reason i run the radio.
I like airtonics a lot. Just went with futaba because it's cheaper and the mt-4 has more features than i will ever use. I do agree strongly that spektrum is complete crap. Outdated hopping systems, ergonomics designed for an alien, glitching, and runaway cars when reciever voltage drops. I would only accept a spektrum radio if i won it in a contest or got it for free. After that it's on ebay within 2 minutes.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Relentless89 View Post
This is the thing though, the guy from austrailia up there thinks I say airtronics is the best because its "famous" and alot of people run it. BS. Ive owned 4 airtroncs radios over the past 2 years because I like there product. I HAVE driven with futaba, spektrum, propo, airtronics, but never radiopost. After driving all these radios its clear as ever that airtronics is a faster radio, by far. No joke Ive seen guys have a dx3r pro, and they swear by it, than they drive an airtronics radio and sell there spektrum. Not only that spektrum always has issues i hear about them all the time. Propo is really exspensive and the specs doesnt match the price tag, futaba i just dont like the feel of the radio itself, spektrum feels ok but the speed is lacking, and radiopost I wont give the time of day, they have to sponsor so many people like guy up there from austrailia because the radio doesnt sell itself, plain and simple. Just do a review of the specs of an m12 vs the rest of the industries radios, there specs are the reason i run the radio.
you have owned what 4 of airtronics products in 2 years huh?? whats wrong with them or are they like hudy and X-ray when they release new touring cars only 2 things have changed and make shit of a difference but you have to get it to have the latest....

Mate I am not having a go at you personally. The reason why sponsorships were handed out with radio post is to get the name out there as the company is only been running with the full line of products for just over 2 years....
Its good business sense for the company to spend some money on consumers to advertise there product for them instead of spending money of other ways to get the name out there and still no one to prove it as a great product but the ppl selling it...
Like I said to you before I dont make money out of giving my time for the company so you need to understand that...

I run the product cause I love it and I could end the sponsorship when ever I wanted to as once you get the product you dont need to replace until a new model which they are happy with the performance out of what they have so no improvements right now. Cause the R+D they put in before they went into production was a huge amount of time. So just advice from me not me bible bashing your door down to tell you this is the only radio out there like your bashing me saying you wouldnt touch radio post... Mate your not a very good advocate for airtronics but I spose you dont need to cause it sells them selves I suppose...

Good luck with your radios mate
Fordy
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I like airtonics a lot. Just went with futaba because it's cheaper and the mt-4 has more features than i will ever use. I do agree strongly that spektrum is complete crap. Outdated hopping systems, ergonomics designed for an alien, glitching, and runaway cars when reciever voltage drops. I would only accept a spektrum radio if i won it in a contest or got it for free. After that it's on ebay within 2 minutes.
Spektrum can be interesting for people looking for cheap receivers. Orange rx are very cheap and DSM2 compatible.

Does anyone know if there are sanwa/airtronics or futaba cheap receivers available?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
Spektrum can be interesting for people looking for cheap receivers. Orange rx are very cheap and DSM2 compatible.

Does anyone know if there are sanwa/airtronics or futaba cheap receivers available?
Futaba has cheap recievers that won't make your vehicles runaway from you.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What about this argument. If you could find a good condition KO Eurus for around $250, would you consider that instead of a 4PL? The ergonomics of the Eurus just look great.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Depends what kind of application you are trying to use it with, I think for most thing off-road (especially sloppy vehicles like SC trucks), a simple 3-channel radio would do like the MX-3X from Airtronics.

I used to use Futaba Magnums back in the days, always loved the Sanwa/Airtronics stuff, so since I been back in the RC, I've been using Airtronics stuff trouble free...

I think the M12/M11X from Airtronics is a debatable issue. If you have a Hobby People near your house, ask them if you can hold it.

The Spektrum stuff never appealed to me, I really don't like their finish and polish of the form factor.

I see a lot of guys who do touring cars use KO Propo, but if you have to slap a Spektrum on it, the radio link is now dictated by Spektrum's performance.

I can't speak out of experience for those brands, but as far as Airtronics, their FHSS-2 radios works flawlessly. I love their tiny little receivers (FHSS-2 Sport receivers, which will work with any of their FHSS-2 radios).

I love my MX-3FHSS-2, it has just enough features for me and it's comfortable.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The M12 is hands down the ugliest Radio on the market.
I don't care how low the latency is or if it has telemetry or even if it had cable TV. I'd never be able to pay that much money for such a horrible looking remote

I went with the 4PK Super-R and love it.
I had the 3pm and it always worked flawless and so far the so has the Super-R
Plus it looks and feels bad ass in your hand

If you want to save some money find a used 4PKS. Usually they will come with a few extra RX's too.

If the looks of the M12 doesn't bother you then it's a good choice too but for me a radio has to look sweet as well as work good.
You can't go wrong with a Futaba, Airtronics or a Ko Propo
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone using the 4pl? I'm wondering if I should get it.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
Anyone using the 4pl? I'm wondering if I should get it.

I use one and it's great, just get the life battery and you're good to go. Huge improvement over my flysky. There's also more features than i will ever use.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

LOL - I find it hilarious that people are concerned about how a radio "looks"...........you are having some serious problems if you are looking at the radio while you are "driving" the car.......

For the record - I was a KO/Futaba only driver for nearly 30 years......I went from a 3PK to a sponsored Spektrum deal - hated the radio - mostly the feel and terrible cheap looking and feeling platics.....

Now I run Sanwa - by choice - and I pay for it. I bought the M11X and absolutely L O V E D it.........then I held the new M12......I now own one. Yep - 500 bucks - but mannnn - what a radio. And to me - well, I actually reckon the M12 looks pretty sweet as well - but that is purely subjective and different to everyone.....isnt it?

Cheers

Darryn