Which radio is the best ???? >

Which radio is the best ????

Which radio is the best ????

Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

i finally found someone in the same driver seat
i am just going to wait until some more new ones come out
Too many RX's to change out.
still neat to be able to have so many choices.
if i did buy ------------right now------------- it would be M12
but i have time, iam stuck somewhere on this planet.
just read and see.
ems
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Airtronics M12 its an awesome radio faster then any other radio out there
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just switched to a Futaba 4PL from a Spektrum DX3C. Big bang for the buck and the receivers aren't too expensive. The S-FHSS is very fast and smooth. As long as your servos are digital, most will work at the faster rate. Having a large number of machines does make for a painful transition though. Best of luck to you and I hope I was of some help.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I really like my futaba 4pl. More features than you will ever use. Just doesn't make sense to spend +$500 on a radio if you only need 1/5 of the features they have.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RADIOS

I can only give my experience. After my first year with a Futaba 3pm I had so many DNF's because I lost signal with transmitter(especially if the weather was 80 deg plus) so I tried A 4pk and had problems. A friend of mine let me use a DX3R and it felt light weight and comfortable in my hand but did not feel I had smooth control with it. After some research I chose to buy a new M11X. This transmitter is awesome. Some say it is heavy and not comfortable after 45 min of running, but if you want a flaweless and smooth transmitter this is the one. I have owned mine for aprox 2-2 1/2 yrs and I have not had one single problem. I also have a track on the back of my property and practice with buggy and truggy as often as I can, so it's not like I use it every once in a great while. I have not tried kopropo or the new M12 so I can not give my honest opinion on these but the reliability and smooth control I believe it would be hard to beat an Airtronics
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexandrets View Post
I have more than 15 RCs and I have a DX3S with Spektrum receiver on every cars, but now, my radio is a little bit defective and I lost signal

What should I choose between those radio :
--> Airtronics M11X
--> Airtronics M12
--> Radiopost TS401
--> Ko Propo EX-1
--> Futaba 4PKS
--> Futaba 4PL

Do I need to change ALL Spektrum RX or there is a compatible radio in this listing ??
If $$ is no object go M12. You will be very pleased. Super fast. If you are on a little budget get an M11X. Their used street price has dropped a lot with the release of the M12. The M11x is still a sick radio.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Go for the M12 its the best. Just remember though if you get an M12 the receivers on your your cars are Spektrum and they won't work with the M12, so if you stay with Spektrum get the DX3R Pro its excellent
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

I just bought a used futaba 3pks with a sm1000 spektrum module because of the same issue that you are having. I can say already I like it better than my dx3s. The down sides are no telemetry and its only dsm1 but to me, I could care less. If you run any of the cheaper spektum receivers they are only dsm1 anyway. And I never used the telemetry. From what I can tell the 3pks rivals the dx3r in its features and then some. So far I am quite happy with it. If anything changes I'll let you know.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

M11x
FHSS
Frequency hopping spread spectrum
Powerful 33.3 ghz signal X 3,instead of DSSS of 10 X 3!
Fast,reliable no module.
M11x is my choice and other ROAR Pros.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

hi..well the DX3S has a setting not many others have and Thats the Throttle boost (and it works on Electric-brushless) esc's.. so stick with that radio.. Get another DX3S.. heck u can buy one for $100..I have had 3 others in ur wish list I liked them all..Sanwa M11x--radio post (my fav but rx r costly) DX3R Pro..I run this now and you can get RX (orange for $12 each that work better than spektrums)

Last edited by tntpoof; 11-07-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default radiopost

If money is no object, you'd go radiopost every time. Anybody say otherwise has never driven one. The control and precision is far better then the others. I had the Futaba rec issue when they over heat and shut down with no warning. The worst part was the failsafe fail's TOO. Your Turbo throttle is expo and accel the servo timing.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radiopost tx and servos

I know I am a sponsored driver and some ppl don't like biased options but I have been a futaba man my whole rc career 20+ years and run spectrum to nothing but waste my time and then turned to radiopost and their products with service is second to none.... The radio looks and feels great a d don't put off by the look of something different as it sits exactly the same as the futaba in ur hand and after long mains and testing all day with not a glitch or problem.... The servos are the best on the market even after running 200 dollar ko servos and the rest of the high end end nothing comes close to the new technology in the radiopost servos and the specs are honestly oh of this world.... Please believe me when I say yes I am sponsored and not selling them to make money myself but the products and service is the best....

Any questions fire away
Regards
Fordy
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

mine because i'm the driver
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

use what you can afford and what you are comfortable with.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
I know I am a sponsored driver and some ppl don't like biased options but I have been a futaba man my whole rc career 20+ years and run spectrum to nothing but waste my time and then turned to radiopost and their products with service is second to none.... The radio looks and feels great a d don't put off by the look of something different as it sits exactly the same as the futaba in ur hand and after long mains and testing all day with not a glitch or problem.... The servos are the best on the market even after running 200 dollar ko servos and the rest of the high end end nothing comes close to the new technology in the radiopost servos and the specs are honestly oh of this world.... Please believe me when I say yes I am sponsored and not selling them to make money myself but the products and service is the best....

Any questions fire away
Regards
Fordy
I'm sorry, I respect your opinion but that has to be second ugliest radio I've seen (new Ko is the first). Airtronics M12 is what I prefer. Just picked one after owning a Helios and is simply amazing. I've never have a radio before that just feels like a part of you. You just forget there is something on your hand making the car going around the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service