Search
Like Tree7Likes

Turnigy TrackStar Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Had the same thing happen to me, it is covered under warranty but the manufacturers are sending out replacement screws to everyone who bought them, eventually. In the meantime I am going to test the titanium 2.5mm screws at HobbyKing, they won't snap. As a temporary patch I am using a M2.5x5mm cap, it does the job fine.
Guessing I get to contact HobbyKing, lucky me I have two screw heads popped...
Old 11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Had a chance to try out the V2 21.5 turn motor in my CTA/VTA car. It's good, really good. We run a pretty small track, so started with an FDR of 4.05 and 30 degrees of timing. Compared to my Novak Ballistic motor, which was amazing, this V2 motor beats it hands down. The difference in low RPM torque and braking were so significant that it took a couple packs to get use to the changes. My ballistic felt really sluggish in the technical parts of the infield and was fast on the straight, but the V2 pulls hard on the infield and has just as good, if not better top end on the straight.

I was only temping at 110-115f after 5min heats, so bumped the timing to 40 with the same FDR and was pretty happy with the top end. Temps were 120. The new can with all the cut-outs really helps with cooling as the motor fan has direct access to the internals. Looking forward to getting this motor on a big track in a few weeks to really wind it out!

Last edited by CamLS; 11-03-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo with wrong turn stator!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CamLS
Had a chance to try out the V2 12.5 motor in my CTA/VTA car. It's good, really good. We run a pretty small track, so started with an FDR of 4.05 and 30 degrees of timing. Compared to my Novak Ballistic motor, which was amazing, this V2 motor beats it hands down. The difference in low RPM torque and braking were so significant that it took a couple packs to get use to the changes. My ballistic felt really sluggish in the technical parts of the infield and was fast on the straight, but the V2 pulls hard on the infield and has just as good, if not better top end on the straight.

I was only temping at 110-115f after 5min heats, so bumped the timing to 40 with the same FDR and was pretty happy with the top end. Temps were 120. The new can with all the cut-outs really helps with cooling as the motor fan has direct access to the internals. Looking forward to getting this motor on a big track in a few weeks to really wind it out!
Nice ! Definitely gonna order one !
Old 11-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How many have used the 21.5 in F1? Thinking about this and a turnigy esc to keep costs down and have fun.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RonF
How many have used the 21.5 in F1? Thinking about this and a turnigy esc to keep costs down and have fun.
You should have no problem keeping up power wise. The latest Trackstar stuff is quite good.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anyone who has tried a V2 in an F1, please post what the power band is like. Is this a high rpm motor or high torque motor?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
You should have no problem keeping up power wise. The latest Trackstar stuff is quite good.
Good to know as I just sent off for the combo plus the program box. Is there a timing setting it likes or should I just go with factory timing? And a previous poster's question, gear it 2.9-3.0 or lower for rpm?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I'm guessing Omaha will stick with 21.5.
They should try 25.5! They might find it actually makes a race run faster. Easier to drive, more consistent lap times and less fall of so the end laps are faster. I gained a lap over 6 minutes and consistently beat the 21.5 cars during our tracks transition. It will be track dependent though as on a big open track a 21.5 will have a huge advantage. On our 90 x 40 it does not.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Anyone notice, there are no V2's available. Either they are actually sold out cause they are a great deal on a very good motor or.....

It is just odd to me that ALL are out of stock, yes I looked. They do show 2 in transit to the US. I think they were 4.5 & 5.5

I had planned on ordering a 21.5 & they seemed to have plenty last week. LOL

Prob. nothing

Tom
Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by golgi
If anyone who has tried a V2 in an F1, please post what the power band is like. Is this a high rpm motor or high torque motor?
I'll have one on track this weekend but from what u can see on the data lower. It appears to be a torque motor similar to a remedy type power band
Old 11-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TOM MAR
Anyone notice, there are no V2's available. Either they are actually sold out cause they are a great deal on a very good motor or.....

It is just odd to me that ALL are out of stock, yes I looked. They do show 2 in transit to the US. I think they were 4.5 & 5.5

I had planned on ordering a 21.5 & they seemed to have plenty last week. LOL

Prob. nothing

Tom
Alot of people seem to be having issues with the screws. Maybe they pulled them to fix them. That would be very unhobbykingish but maybe.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03
Alot of people seem to be having issues with the screws. Maybe they pulled them to fix them. That would be very unhobbykingish but maybe.
I was reading about that the other day, That does sound like a good explanation.

Thanks
Tom
Old 11-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I have 3 of this motors,3.5t,5.5t & 6.5t,so far they run nice & cool
Old 11-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03
You got it right, although we are not repairing them all the stock has been quarantined until the replacement screws arrive, which should be in the next few days, then all orders for the TrackStar V2 motors will be shipped with replacement screws. This is the fastest solution, replacing the screws in the warehouses would have taken months. Also, any customer who has purchased any V2 motors will be sent replacement screws in the mail.

This problem only affects some motors, as it is due to a bad batch of screws, but unfortunately we can't isolate which were affected so we are treating it as if all motors were affected.

If you have not received your replacement screws within six weeks please contact customer service.

We know how good these motors are, we have been testing them for a while now, so we don't want them let down by a few bad screws.

And yes they will soon be ROAR approved, we are just waiting for some final paperwork.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TrackStar1
You got it right, although we are not repairing them all the stock has been quarantined until the replacement screws arrive, which should be in the next few days, then all orders for the TrackStar V2 motors will be shipped with replacement screws. This is the fastest solution, replacing the screws in the warehouses would have taken months. Also, any customer who has purchased any V2 motors will be sent replacement screws in the mail.

This problem only affects some motors, as it is due to a bad batch of screws, but unfortunately we can't isolate which were affected so we are treating it as if all motors were affected.

If you have not received your replacement screws within six weeks please contact customer service.

We know how good these motors are, we have been testing them for a while now, so we don't want them let down by a few bad screws.

And yes they will soon be ROAR approved, we are just waiting for some final paperwork.
Does this affect my recent order 2 Nov from hobbyking or is this just from the factory to retailers? My order seems to be a little slow in processing for Hobbyking. Im in no hurry, but I am curious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.