Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
2 Channel Radio & Servo combo thoughts? >

2 Channel Radio & Servo combo thoughts?

2 Channel Radio & Servo combo thoughts?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2 Channel Radio & Servo combo thoughts?

Hi Ppl. I'm rediscovering RC Cars after a two decade break. now an adult I wanted to enjoy a stroll down memory lane via some of the old brands like Tamiya & Team Associated I got into in the mid 80's.

I bought a pair of Tamiya kits the other day with no radio gear etc. I did a search on here before positing but didn't come across any recent questions in this area. I have the Plasma Edge (4WD) & a Hornet (2WD) coming in, and was wondering what you all may suggest in terms of a typical servo/radio etc? One company I spoke with said I'd need a high torque servo-however when looking at some specs, I did not get any information that seemed to back that up-but you all will know better than I. I've been on Tower Hobbies etc-and perhaps the ones they bundle with those kits ARE ideal, however I wanted to get anyone's thought who is willing to share. not looking to race at all, so don't need bells & whistles but would like to find something that isn't something i may outgrow in 6 months. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!