R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #31
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Wrong
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
Regional Moderator
 
nitrous36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Wrong
Who?
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
A tad off topic but sorry did Cortes win 13.5 with a 12.3 rotor?
Yes, the onroad team has been using the 12.3 rotor. The offroad guys seem to favor the 12.5 rotor and a little less timing.
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
The good thing about most motors these days is you can change the rotors to give several more tuning options.
Good for the manufacturers maybe. Buying a $35 rotor for your new motor to make it fast f***** sucks.

Notice how none of them offer combos with the different rotors? Hate that.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Good for the manufacturers maybe. Buying a $35 rotor for your new motor to make it fast f***** sucks.

Notice how none of them offer combos with the different rotors? Hate that.
Fantom racing is the only one I have seen so far.

The D3.5 is the strongest motor I have ever used in 17.5 so far
TP 17.5 blue rotor included.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Regional Moderator
 
nitrous36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,030
Default

Stupid question. Is the shaft size on brushless motors the same as brushed? In other words, can I still use my old pinion gears?
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36 View Post
Stupid question. Is the shaft size on brushless motors the same as brushed? In other words, can I still use my old pinion gears?
Not a stupid question. But the answer is yes you can use your old pinions. Hell I had the same question when I was getting back into it.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

I've just ordered myself a turnigy trackstar brushless 17.5T motor, wich i hope it will perform great.
This motor has a great 2270KV and a adjustable timing (not sure of how much the timing can be) and all for just $32,37 at hobbyking.
I'll keep you informed about it's performance once i'm able to test it.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #39
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Notice how none of them offer combos with the different rotors? Hate that.
Incorrect.. Fantom racing lets you pick the exact rotor you want, when you buy your motor. So you can have the exact one you want without having to buy an EXTRA rotor.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
???E-Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Owensboro,Ky
Posts: 1,743
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html


Yeah as cheap as that motor looks and is, at $37 yeah Id like
to hear about your testing. That motor is 3 times less price than
a name brand motor. The good ones like Viper and Tekin are $80.

The solder tabs on that trackstar motor looks very cheaply made.
Id be afraid to solder on that motor. But anyhow let us know how that motor
works out for you.
__________________
Novak, Viper, LRP
4wd Slash Platinum,4WD SC10,Stock Slash Latemodel Oval,Losi Slider,E-firestorm Bomber, Team Terribles,www.rkhobbies.com,GOLFLAND USA
???E-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Fantom racing is the only one I have seen so far.

The D3.5 is the strongest motor I have ever used in 17.5 so far
TP 17.5 blue rotor included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Incorrect.. Fantom racing lets you pick the exact rotor you want, when you buy your motor. So you can have the exact one you want without having to buy an EXTRA rotor.
Yup already got there. But Fanton does want to charge me $112 for that motor. Almost cheaper to have the spare parts. But like I said a while ago they do offer it.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???E-Racer View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html


Yeah as cheap as that motor looks and is, at $37 yeah Id like
to hear about your testing. That motor is 3 times less price than
a name brand motor. The good ones like Viper and Tekin are $80.

The solder tabs on that trackstar motor looks very cheaply made.
Id be afraid to solder on that motor. But anyhow let us know how that motor
works out for you.
Very nice but I am pretty sure it's not ROAR legal. Not that at a club race that is really going to matter unless your club does tech.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???E-Racer View Post
[url]
The solder tabs on that trackstar motor looks very cheaply made.
Id be afraid to solder on that motor. But anyhow let us know how that motor
works out for you.
Those soldertabs are the same principal as a LRP X12 brushless motor, i don't see any problem with that.
We don't use ROAR specs here, and it's for club racing
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #44
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I've just ordered myself a turnigy trackstar brushless 17.5T motor, wich i hope it will perform great.
This motor has a great 2270KV and a adjustable timing (not sure of how much the timing can be) and all for just $32,37 at hobbyking.
I'll keep you informed about it's performance once i'm able to test it.
So... How did it work?
It looks nice...
I bought a few of the old style Dualsky Track and Field 17.5 motors for $15 and they run GREAT! Faster than my Tekin and as fast as my Revtech. I wish I would have purchased more before they ran out.
RaceRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRoc View Post
So... How did it work?
It looks nice...
I bought a few of the old style Dualsky Track and Field 17.5 motors for $15 and they run GREAT! Faster than my Tekin and as fast as my Revtech. I wish I would have purchased more before they ran out.
During july and august there are less r/c clubs open for driving, and therefor i'm still unable to test it. But i haven't forgotten it
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brushed equivilant to 17.5T brushless Dadic 78 Electric On-Road 15 02-02-2011 08:31 AM
Which 17.5T Brushless??? So many in the market. svt-racer Electric On-Road 63 09-14-2010 10:49 AM
Which 10.5T and 17.5T Brushless motors have adjustable timing? frozenpod Electric On-Road 25 01-28-2009 08:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net