Spektrum

Old 02-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

i tried at two different indoor tracks. One track had some minor glitching and the other had none. At both tracks the response time seems slower than my trust novak system.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

SOVIET and all the other disbelievers

I own a specktrum, Iíve raced the specktrum and I can defiantly tell that there is a lag in the steering response PERIOD! This is no rumor! This is a fact! Im not on hear to bash the product at all in fact I rarly post, just read, but I would hate to see a bunch of people spend there money on this and be unhappy. For the record I am running the spectrum indoors on a small carpet track in a touring car with foam tires. It may work great outdoors on asphalt or dirt I donít know? But not indoors on carpet! Mine is going on ebay this weekend. I will wait until this revolutionary product is perfected before I will buy it again.

Greg
Old 02-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well here my .02 A couple guys at my track have recently purchase the spectrum system. We race indoor carpet with flouresent and mercury-vapor lighting. One or two guys were having problems, the problem was blamed on older speedos(softwares) like GT7's they were both running. Another guy is using it flawlessly, he is running a brand new GTX and hasn't had a single issue. So many variables. I hope these issues are resolved before I get my 3PK module.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

One of the biggest problem I see with the Spektrum is the radio's were not designed to transmit on 2.4ghz.... I'm still waiting on the Nomadio radio, it's designed from the ground up to run on 2.4.....
Old 02-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's the latest scoop. There was a meeting with the spectrum folks. They believe the problems occur with tight tracks and wifi like at snowbirds. They are sure they've fixed the problem. that's probably why there are no problems outdoors. The air is clear and clean??
Old 02-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Soviet
Did you?!?!

Did you attend the 'Birds...did you speak to the Horizon reps?

Did you get an MS in electrionic theory and design the whole system?!?!

No...you didn't, and neither did I. My main point is that we really should cut down on the sewing circle crap around here, lest it be called www.rctechrumorsandinnuendo.com
if you didn't or have any inside info, how is it you know?

if the guys testing the system remove it for a carpet races, would it be probable that it doest perform on carpet?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:31 AM

a few of us ran them at the northwest hobby expo on a temp carpet track, a problem that i had with the system is, when i would clip a corner dot and roll over the car would just sit there for a few seconds before finding its signal again, i didn't notice any lag time, but then again i was runnng rubber and hadn't race on carpet for a long time. it turns out that the problem i was having was due to something in the steering servo. with the servo just sitting there unhooked it sweeps back and forth on its own. and when it does this it sends a signal to the sp control and it blips the throttle. however it is only the one servo the rest i had tested work fine. i won't be selling mine, don't want to push my problem off on a newbie even if it saves him money. i'm sure if there is a problem horizon will do a make good on products already sold. btw, the other that were using them didn't report and problems. and after i changed the servo niether did i
Old 02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rovic
if you didn't or have any inside info, how is it you know?

if the guys testing the system remove it for a carpet races, would it be probable that it doest perform on carpet?
Hey..I simply posted what I did to put a little "heat" on those who were casually saying that Spektrum is screwed up.

Now that they've posted with a bit more conviction and fact, I feel better about the information coming from them.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Last nights first try out was very interesting. Balancing on my feet has been a big feature of my racing methods lately. Using the Spektrum without the transmitter antenae caused me a new balance problem, as the regular antenae acts the same as a balancing pole for a tight rope walker. So I'm back to practicing standing up again!!

Responce felt faster than stock M8 and the only hits I experienced at the club race was me falling over and clobbering the pipes.

Now, I just have to teach myself to hang on to the steering wheel
Old 02-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

My friend and I raced at the Birds with our M8's equiped with spektrum and did not experience any lag or problems. I would have to say it may the race much easier for us because thier were no frequency conflicts to contend with.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:43 AM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I for one am beside myself with this POS. I bought it brand new and the damn reciever wont bind to the moduel. I spoke to horizon and was told to return it to them and they will fix or replace it. I overnighted it to them and waited two days with no response ....... I called to check the status and was told it would be 5 days before they even looked at it. I then asked to speak to the person i sent it to who told me as soon as it got there they would take a look at it and more than likely send me a new one. Well after speaking with him i was now told they have non in stock to replace it with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After going on a basic rampage with them , they called the LHS in my area and found one i could go get. Only problem there is it was a 2 hour drive from my house. Now i have to pay that shop to ship it on top of the overnight to get the original to horizon.............Guess what??? Between the cost of the two shippments i could have almost bought a new one. Horizon claims to have tested this thing for a long period of time and claim to have worked out all the bugs. B.S . For a company to not have atleast a small quantity of these as warranty units for those of us who got bad one's is a load of crap. After calling around i found more shops who also have recievers that wont bind ...... So add that to the list of problems they need to address. If you got a good one then consider yourself lucky. If you got a bad one ...... your better off just finding and buying a new one , because the customer support i recieved on this product SUCKED !!!!!!!!!!! I paid for it more than 2 weeks ago , and still have yet to be able to use it.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Soviet
Hey..I simply posted what I did to put a little "heat" on those who were casually saying that Spektrum is screwed up.

Now that they've posted with a bit more conviction and fact, I feel better about the information coming from them.
in a forum of public opinion, it is to be expected.

I was one of many to pre-ordered from horizon and since i have been using it there are problems. and that is to be expected. but i feel the positive outweighs the negative...

N4S, i feel you pain...

ritchie, i have had the same problem and i dont even crash or rollover, it happens when i flick the wheel back and forth alot. but after changing servos its fixed... horizon continues to contest any problems with any servo compatablility (spoke the them just today)...
Old 02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which servo has trouble with Spektrum system?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ginsu
My friend and I raced at the Birds with our M8's equiped with spektrum and did not experience any lag or problems. I would have to say it may the race much easier for us because thier were no frequency conflicts to contend with.
Did you ever try running without it all week? We didn't really notice it till until we switched, then the difference was crazy.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hugo
Which servo has trouble with Spektrum system?
jr 4750/4735
it seems airtronics servos work best...

i was told by horizon to use digital servos; suppose to unitlize the specktum speed...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.