Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding receiver/radio pairings and way to move forward

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Question regarding receiver/radio pairings and way to move forward

Hi,

I have an old RC10 that I am trying to get running again. I am using an Airtronics Vector VT 2P remote that came with an Airtronics 75Mhz AM 92623 receiver. The RC10 also has a Novak 4 speed controller. I believe that the receiver has "gone bad" or is suffering from massive interference (may be due to a tear in the antenna insulation that occurred a few inches from the receiver) as the front wheel servo is twitchy when the car is powered on and it has erratic throttle response (i.e. will just take off without touching the throttle on the remote).

Can I replace the airtronics receiver with any 75Mhz receiver using the same crystal frequency such as the Futaba R162JE without any issues?

I'll also have to buy new batteries for the car. I am hoping there isn't a problem with the speed controller. Or am I better junking the RC10 and stepping up to a Traxxis 2WD Slash RTR kit?

Thanks!
Chad

Last edited by ctbaker; 05-22-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarification of title