R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Futaba 4PK Super R (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/629703-futaba-4pk-super-r.html)

cbutler 05-18-2012 04:56 PM

Futaba 4PK Super R

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody have any inside info on this radio? I just purchased a 4pks and it was delivered today but i am thinking about sending it back because I just learned of this new Futaba 4pk Super R. I wonder when it will be released.

Futaba 4PK Super R transmitter

Futaba are also at the Shizuoka Hobby show and are showing off their new 4PK Super R pistol grip transmitter. Continuing on a long line of successful 4PK transmitters, the Super R features increased response over its predecessor. Esthetically it is the same as previous versions but is now lighter, featuring titanium screws throughout as well as aluminium nuts and other parts. Other updates include new software, details of which we will get later, and a new steering wheel foam with a combination of hardnesses.

Two-speed 05-21-2012 09:10 AM

I'd just keep the one you have. Probably won't see this one available for at least a month or so. And the changes are very minor.

agtuning 07-02-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Two-speed (Post 10759925)
I'd just keep the one you have. Probably won't see this one available for at least a month or so. And the changes are very minor.

Any news on the release date?

carbonfreak 07-04-2012 11:09 PM

i am also very interessted when the new radio is ready to buy?

Stuff Of Legend 07-07-2012 01:17 PM

Japanese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZB1...9&feature=plcp

Dan 07-08-2012 02:25 PM

They keep boasting how each variant is quicker and quicker.... wonder how many people can actually tell the difference between a 4PK and 4PK-S, and now the 4PKS-R

More interested in the new software.

weavty1 07-08-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 10950254)
They keep boasting how each variant is quicker and quicker.... wonder how many people can actually tell the difference between a 4PK and 4PK-S, and now the 4PKS-R

More interested in the new software.

:nod:

Damit 07-18-2012 12:43 AM

4PKS-R

Any more news on this radio, release date?

E92MCB 07-18-2012 06:11 AM

Well think of it this way... you probably had a good deal buying the 4PKS now and new 4PKSR is only marginal better.

SOuthernFRIED 07-19-2012 05:37 AM

Tower is now showing an est. stock status of late Sept.

BentKa 08-10-2012 01:15 PM

Took delivery of my new Futaba 4PK Super R combo with 2 x RF614FS today ;)

First impressions are good with the lower weight (Ti screws and LiFe battery) and the new Ti colored buttons and steering wheel with dual compound foam.

A quick glance through the menus the most noticeable addition is the 4WS mix and Dual ESC mix for crawlers :nod:

I'll put it on the scale later to compare it to my 4PK and 4PKS running Protek LiFe batteries.

Bent

EastTxRacer 08-30-2012 05:39 PM

THese forsale yet???

carbonfreak 09-03-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BentKa (Post 11078514)
Took delivery of my new Futaba 4PK Super R combo with 2 x RF614FS today ;)

First impressions are good with the lower weight (Ti screws and LiFe battery) and the new Ti colored buttons and steering wheel with dual compound foam.

A quick glance through the menus the most noticeable addition is the 4WS mix and Dual ESC mix for crawlers :nod:

I'll put it on the scale later to compare it to my 4PK and 4PKS running Protek LiFe batteries.

Bent

hi where do you got it from? where can i buy it?

thx

mkiiina 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

it has been released over seas already and should be here late sept/early oct

carbonfreak 09-04-2012 11:13 AM

hmm even over seas i cant find anything where i can bay the radio?

SOuthernFRIED 09-04-2012 12:15 PM

check eBay.. I've seen a couple there

BentKa 09-06-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by carbonfreak (Post 11167785)
hi where do you got it from? where can i buy it?

thx

I got mine here @ rc-champ.co.jp

Part #00008397 for the kit with 2 x R614FS receivers ;)

Bent

RShockley 02-15-2013 12:23 AM

What is the difference between this and the 4pks. I was thinking about switching to futaba here soon and was just curious.

skengines 02-15-2013 01:09 AM

Slightly faster and a tad lighter.

carbonfreak 03-20-2013 11:34 AM

i just got my futaba 4pk super R today and i have to say its very nice! i put a life battery and its perfect in handling now! for me its the best on the market !:)

techpro 03-20-2013 05:32 PM

Can anyone tell me if the 613ff receiver will work with the first 4pk that came out i have a 613fs that works wasnt sure if the 613ff was different

got_nitro 03-22-2013 04:06 AM

Bump for any more new owner feedback?

g-one 03-27-2013 02:02 PM

anyone know the screws sizes that are in the 4pks so i could dothe Ti swap?

BIGSKI15 07-15-2013 04:12 PM

I want to order this tx through rcmart since thay have a great deal on it with two receivers and a bag. The shipping will be $28 but it is still a better price than buying through tower or amain since it comes with two receivers as mentioned above.

Is rcmart.com trustworthy being overseas as far as shipping time or is there another place to order this package from? Here is link to rcmart.

http://www.rcmart.com/futaba-super-r...2-p-35475.html

SOuthernFRIED 07-15-2013 04:31 PM

Yes they are trust worthy. I have bought stuff several times over the years and never had an issue.

On a new owner's note...

I switched from a Spektrum DX3r Pro to the Futaba. I have to say it made a big improvement overall. Zero glitching, quicker reacting.. I feel like it gives me a little more precision in controlling my rig. There is no wondering a little bit where the car will actually be. It reacts exactly. The Spektrum always seem to have a vagueness to it I never came to grips with.

BIGSKI15 07-16-2013 11:24 AM

I've done some more research and rcmart doesn't sell the charger with the radio. If I go through tower and buy a 3 channel receiver $89, since the system only comes with one rx, I will get the charger with the radio. After adding up the cost through rcmart which includes the system, 2 rx's, radio charger through amain and shipping I will only be paying 5 more dollars by going through tower with the super saver club discount.

There are two 3 channel rx's to choose from with the only differences being port and antenna location/orientation.

The question is, does everyone use a battery pack in the radio which would make purchasing the charger necessary? If so, I think I may go through tower.

I may be over thinking this purchase.

Losimoe 07-17-2013 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15 (Post 12353938)
I've done some more research and rcmart doesn't sell the charger with the radio. If I go through tower and buy a 3 channel receiver $89, since the system only comes with one rx, I will get the charger with the radio. After adding up the cost through rcmart which includes the system, 2 rx's, radio charger through amain and shipping I will only be paying 5 more dollars by going through tower with the super saver club discount.

There are two 3 channel rx's to choose from with the only differences being port and antenna location/orientation.

The question is, does everyone use a battery pack in the radio which would make purchasing the charger necessary? If so, I think I may go through tower.

you can use your own charger you use to charge all your battery. the battery that comes with the radio is just a standard 5 cell NiMh battery with a futaba plug connected to it.

shagino 07-19-2013 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15 (Post 12353938)

The charger is garbage. I replaced the stock battery with a LiFe battery and now charge it with my LiPo charger. It sounds like the 3CH receivers are a 3rd party. Watch the forums here, 603FF's seem to be going about $50 and I've snagged 614FF/FSs between $65-75. Might be lower now.

I love mines but I'm definitely not using it to its full potential yet.

BIGSKI15 07-19-2013 09:38 AM

Thanks,

I decided to go through tower. I got a decent price on an r603fs through the for sale section today.

Does the 4pksr come with the drop down or do i have to purchase that separate? Im going to order today but through researching, it doesn't look like it does come with the system.

Originally Posted by shagino (Post 12362599)
The charger is garbage. I replaced the stock battery with a LiFe battery and now charge it with my LiPo charger. It sounds like the 3CH receivers are a 3rd party. Watch the forums here, 603FF's seem to be going about $50 and I've snagged 614FF/FSs between $65-75. Might be lower now.

I love mines but I'm definitely not using it to its full potential yet.

racer1812 07-19-2013 09:39 AM

I'm looking at a new 4pks-r as well and your math is wrong:D

For your $500, shipped, from RCMart you get the radio and 2 R614FS receivers. That's a $140 receiver from Tower so even with their current discount of $75 off a $600 order you're still looking at $615 from Tower for the same package you can get for $500 from RCMart.

I wouldn't worry about the charger. If you don't have a charger that can charge the transmitter pack..you're upgrading one item too far. Or you should be looking at upgrading both to a little bit lower level. But I'm guess that if you're looking at a 4pk the rest of your equipment is up to par already.

I'm running a DX3R right now, I ran Futaba for many years but when I got back in I just couldn't justify the cost. I'm at the point now where I simply the miss the superior quality of Futaba. They were the best 20 years ago and still are IMO.

Motorman007 07-21-2013 03:15 PM

Is the the futaba red case better than the amainhobbies case?

I can get futaba red case for the same price as the Amain protek and foam

Both or $65

Tower hobbies

FUTP1013 Metal 4PKS-R Radio
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXCZSD

Amain
ProTek R/C Universal Radio Case
[PTK-8160]

Tek R/C Universal Radio Case Insert (Futaba 4PK/4PKS/4PKS-R)
[PTK-8165]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sal-Radio-Case

symmetricon 07-22-2013 06:09 PM

I ordered mine today with the red case from futaba. I am upgrading from a 4pl. I can't wait!

BIGSKI15 07-23-2013 06:19 PM

I received mine today in the mail. I'm trying to make an adapter that goes from the tx to my charger. The lhs gave be the banana plug leads for my charger but the futaba adapter that plugs into the tx is too big. Does anyone have a part number for the tc lead/adapter?

Motorman007 07-24-2013 05:43 PM

This radio is really nice the boot up time is way faster than my own radiopost

Motorman007 07-26-2013 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I was reading over the Manual and I seen this

Ch4 was steering and Ch3 for was for throttle

Right now I have it ch1 steering and ch2 for throttle.

Is this the right set up for Nitro? I have always used Ch1 and Ch2

Ch3 and ch4 and Power aka BC was used for Mylaper and BC for Power.

http://fun.smugmug.com/photos/i-gdt6...gdt6LLx-XL.jpg

theatriks 07-26-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Motorman007 (Post 12368884)
Is the the futaba red case better than the amainhobbies case?

I can get futaba red case for the same price as the Amain protek and foam

Both or $65

Tower hobbies

FUTP1013 Metal 4PKS-R Radio
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXCZSD

Amain
ProTek R/C Universal Radio Case
[PTK-8160]

Tek R/C Universal Radio Case Insert (Futaba 4PK/4PKS/4PKS-R)
[PTK-8165]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sal-Radio-Case

i have the red case and opted for that just because it looks cool lol.....one thing you gotta watch is the red border scratches very easily.

Motorman007 07-26-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by theatriks (Post 12385087)
i have the red case and opted for that just because it looks cool lol.....one thing you gotta watch is the red border scratches very easily.

I was thinking the same thing about the red getting scratches. It does look cool as H#$#

So ordered the Protek box.

symmetricon 07-28-2013 02:16 PM

I raced my first weekend with the 4pkrs and found that the response speed made a noticeable difference on the track. With the same two cars i race from last week to this week I was able to shave a second off a lap and my top 5 and top 10 laps. I was able to drive much harder and consistently. The track had less grip on it, yet I was able to drive much more aggressively.

Motorman007 07-28-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 12391221)
I raced my first weekend with the 4pkrs and found that the response speed made a noticeable difference on the track. With the same two cars i race from last week to this week I was able to shave a second off a lap and my top 5 and top 10 laps. I was able to drive much harder and consistently. The track had less grip on it, yet I was able to drive much more aggressively.

good to here

T. Herwig 07-29-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 12391221)

I made the upgrade from Spektrum to the 4PKS-R this year and I noticed very similar results. Amazing radio.