Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 4PK Super R

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hate it when that kind of thing happens too, because then I want to know, "Is there is some special reason for plugging the CH-4 servo into CH-1?"

It would have to be a real good reason also or I think I would refuse. Every time you had a new nitro car you would need to program the transmitter to change the controls to the wrong channels, creating a bunch of work.

Easy to see why the mistake happened, someone probably looked at the right hand side and thought, "That's upside down. The lowest number is always on top."
Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looking for some opinions from you guys thay hav been in the hobby a lot longer than myself. Im racing elect sct (buggy also soon) on a fairly small indoor clay track. What would be a good radio for me? Would like to stay under 300, but thats not my limit if its worth buying the pksr or m12. If its not worth it for me, whats a good recommendation 4pls/mt4/radiopost?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Looking for some opinions from you guys thay hav been in the hobby a lot longer than myself. Im racing elect sct (buggy also soon) on a fairly small indoor clay track. What would be a good radio for me? Would like to stay under 300, but thats not my limit if its worth buying the pksr or m12. If its not worth it for me, whats a good recommendation 4pls/mt4/radiopost?
Figure out what you're looking for first. If you want consistency/lots of options/lots of model storage, look at the high end ones.

I just got back into the hobby this winter. I'm left handed so I wanted a radio that had an option of switching the wheel around. I also didn't want to upgrade it for a while.

How committed are you to the new hobby? Used high end radios should be considered as well. 3PKS w/2.4 GHz module is going for around $150-200 on the forums. It's one less channel and a little heavier. Wheel still switches around and also has the drop down adapter for comfort. Menu interface is exactly the same, less models though.

If you want a good entry level model, I've been impressed with the flysky gt3b?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Coming from a 4pl, the 4pksr is much better for racing. If your skill level is high enough you will feel the difference in the speed and precision of a high end remote. And to this I say buy the best remote you can afford, because if you stay in the hobby long enough where you want to be as competitive as you can be, you will end up buying a high end remote...... I can say that the +700$ I spent was the best I have spent in the hobby.....
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yup...cars come and go. Radios, you'll be keeping it for a loooong time as long as you get a good one.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Can I run this RX in Ebuggy?

Futaba R614FF-E 2.4GHz 4-Channel
FUTL7632

I know it said ELECTRIC I was thinking could be ELECTRIC 1.10 scale only

Last edited by Motorman007; 08-27-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007

FUTL7632

It depends on how much range you need. If you're running on tracks, you'll be fine. If you get more than about a football field away, you could lose your link. It has no external antenna. That being said, I have them on two of my cars and love them. They're small and easy to place. I only race, so I have had no issues with range.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arigato
It depends on how much range you need. If you're running on tracks, you'll be fine. If you get more than about a football field away, you could lose your link. It has no external antenna. That being said, I have them on two of my cars and love them. They're small and easy to place. I only race, so I have had no issues with range.
Thank you I got one coming. I will not be running on a football field lol
Old 11-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,
I have 4pk and 4pks,now,New "R" have the same epa limit at 120%??
Thks
Pier
Old 11-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pigiolino
Hi guys,
I have 4pk and 4pks,now,New "R" have the same epa limit at 120%??
Thks
Pier
99% sure that's still the case. I keep forgetting to check.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys, I just want to ask if there is still overheating rx problem with Futaba system nowadays. I ve always been a Futaba fan until the first model of 4PK arrived, which had receiver overheating/shutdown problems. Eversince that I have switched to Sanwa system which has been realiable (M11x). Now, i m looking to return back to Futaba system only if the latest model (4PKSR) system is flawless and realiable. I m racing in almost all classes from 1/10 TC ep and gp to 1/8 gp onroad and offroad. Please give me an honest feedback. If you encounter problem please specify in which type of car was it.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Hi guys, I just want to ask if there is still overheating rx problem with Futaba system nowadays. I ve always been a Futaba fan until the first model of 4PK arrived, which had receiver overheating/shutdown problems. Eversince that I have switched to Sanwa system which has been realiable (M11x). Now, i m looking to return back to Futaba system only if the latest model (4PKSR) system is flawless and realiable. I m racing in almost all classes from 1/10 TC ep and gp to 1/8 gp onroad and offroad. Please give me an honest feedback. If you encounter problem please specify in which type of car was it.

Thanks.
No, it's only with the older RXs and lipo.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007

FUTL7632

Why is this rx for electric only? Is it just because it's got a slightly shorter range?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

It doesn't have a long external antenna that sticks out compared to the regular receivers. Might be more susceptible to interference but I don't know. I never had any glitches or odd behavior from my FASST systems. The FF-E receiver is nice for clean wiring, I have a few of them.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When using the charger that comes with the 4pk super r, how do you know when your battery is fully charged? It seems like the red charging light never turns off or changes color to let you know it's done. Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.