Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

but really which features do you use for electric cars?
I think these are enough:

• Model Naming
• Anti-Lock (ABS) Braking
• Exponential
• End Point Adjustment
• Servo Reversing
• Steering Dual Rate
• Servo Sub-Trim
• Battery Voltage Monitor
• 10 Model Memory
• 4 Cell Dry Cell Battery for Lighter Weight

The plastic is the same of MT4 and if you buy mt4 or m12 or m11X you use always the same features and not others. This is my opinion!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does this transmitter allow you to hook a lanyard? Thanks,
Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

So this is kind of a poor man's MT-4 then?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So this is kind of a poor man's MT-4 then?
Yeah, kind of. The wheel is ugly, but can be replaced with an aftermarket wheel to add some bling.

You have the functions you need and it's missing some you probably won't miss. Like servo speed and other adjustments that you can use to really fine tune with but most people don't use anyway.

No telemetry, but that's not a necessity. Nice to have, but maybe not for an additional $175 and the telemetry rx's are about $100 so most probably only run one car with telemetry... the one telemetry rx that came with the radio.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

So, mine just arrived. Unboxed it, and first impression..................... very good. Plastic quality feels very good, and it looks better than I expected. In online pictures it looks sort of awkwardly head-heavy or something. But in person it looks very much like an MT-4, without the handle up top.

I've been using the MX Sport the last few months, and this seems like a very nice step up..

Minus points for the MX Sport:
1.) big and clunky - especially the base.. Gets banged and caught up on stuff..
2.) 8x AA batteries. PIA to charge (have to charge 4x twice..)
3.) I've been finding recently that it's easy - too easy - to unintentionally turn off.
4.) Extremely basic display
5.) RTR feel - wobbly buttons etc..

Here in Germany anyway, just the receiver for the MX Sport costs more than the MX Sport with receiver!! So IDK, I might have to pick up another one.. (need a fourth receiver to run all my cars now on the MX-V)

Can't say more about it yet, but for the price so far anyway the MX-V makes a good impression. Nice quality feel, compact, only 4 AA's, trigger seems firmer than the Sport, etc.. Will report more as I use it.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So, mine just arrived. Unboxed it, and first impression.....................
Thanks for posting the shots of your new radio. It looks nice and I might try one.

Be sure not to cook them!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Ran it briefly on Saturday.. All good.

Binding up my two previous receivers, setting up EPA, etc.. - all easy and straightforward. Very happy (so far..). Love its compactness, and it feels good in the hand, and looks good IMO.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone have binding problems with the MX-V? Just got one for my son and I can't get it to bind permanently with the receiver. It works find after I first bind it but after the radio and receiver is turned off, when I turn them on again, the throttle works intermitently. Only, the manual says that the light on the receiver should turn solid blue after binding but on my receiver it turns solid red. I could not get the light to turn blue. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Could someone describe how to bind the MX-V to it's receiver? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Got three receivers on mine now, no probs.. Battery full? Instructions in manual are very clear..
Old 10-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, batteries are full. Do you simply press the bind button in the transmitter or do you hold it for a few seconds? Also, does the receiver light really turn blue? mine turns into a solid red.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

I think some are blue, some red.. And yes, hold it..
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks. Will try it tomorrow and post my results.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

To clarify(now that I have a computer and am not on a phone..).. I had had two other receivers, each rebranded (one LRP, one Ansmann), but both Sanwa, from the MX Sport radio. I bound those two first, and they blinked blue, as per the instructions. Then yesterday I bound the receiver that the MX-V came with, and the light was red, not blue.. So who knows.. But all three work perfectly. Very easy to bind, easy to set the failsafe, etc.. The instructions are very clear, and the menu, controls, etc.. on the radio are very intuitive and simple.

BTW, I was at a big model fair today, and looked at (and fondled) the MX-V, MT-4, and M12 all next to each other. The display on the MT-4 is a bit bigger than the MX-V's.. I guess there was a slight difference in the feel of quality in the MT-4, but not much. Still very happy with the MX-V. The MX-V here costs €90, the MT-4 €230. That's a hefty difference.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

My MX-V has now binded correctly. My problem was that I just pushed the bind button on the transmitter for a moment as opposed to holding it until the light on the receiver turns solid. All is well now and I believe this is one of the best value radios available.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I bought a MX-V for my wife's short course truck. I like the radio, but hate the white steering wheel. I think I'm going to have to paint it or order an aluminum substitute. That white wheel and cheap red LED make it look like a budget radio (which it wouldn't have to with a black wheel like the above pic and maybe a blue LED).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.