Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Can't charge my tx batteries, need help?????? >

Can't charge my tx batteries, need help??????

Can't charge my tx batteries, need help??????

Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Can't charge my tx batteries, need help??????

I got some rechargeable NIMH batteries for my Airtronics MX Sport. It has a charge port on the back of the transmitter, but when I plug in my charger, it says that there is no connection. Is it possible that Airtronics put the jack on there, but didn't hook it up? I didn't purchase a AA charger for these because I was banking on the charge jack working on transmitter. Any ideas??? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If it's saying N/C, then I'd pop the radio open and see if the jack is connected.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

The NIMHs I got are from Hobbypartz. They are the 2200mah ones. If I get the charge jack to work, what amp should I charge them at? What are my other options for charging if I can't get it to work?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

I found a manual online for it. It says that you can use the charging jack with an optional charger from Airtronics. I don't see why my charger wouldn't work. Here is a link to the manual https://www.airtronics.net/index.php...itfile_id/225/
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 273 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mberta2 View Post
I found a manual online for it. It says that you can use the charging jack with an optional charger from Airtronics. I don't see why my charger wouldn't work. Here is a link to the manual https://www.airtronics.net/index.php...itfile_id/225/
They stress using ONLY their charger for this. My Futaba radio has the Futaba charger to go with it too.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

I figured it out. I was using the charger cable for my Spektrum heli transmitter. The inputs on the charger jack are reversed. I put the + cable in the black and the - in the red on the charger and it charged fine. I had the transmitter split while charging because I thought the connection was bad, so I left it split and kept an eye on everything inside and it was all good. The batteries barely even got warm.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 273 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mberta2 View Post
I figured it out. I was using the charger cable for my Spektrum heli transmitter. The inputs on the charger jack are reversed. I put the + cable in the black and the - in the red on the charger and it charged fine. I had the transmitter split while charging because I thought the connection was bad, so I left it split and kept an eye on everything inside and it was all good. The batteries barely even got warm.