Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Torn Between Chargers...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
kwe
Tech Adept

Default I'm Torn Between Chargers...

For the last month or so I've had my heart set on getting a Thunder AC6 as my first LiPo charger. Today I went down to my LHS and the guy told me that the Thunder AC6 wasn't any good... but I've read possibly 50 five star reviews. He suggested to me the HiTec X1. I'm sure the X1 is nice, but is it really a waste of money to try out the Thunder AC6? I want something that's in cheap and works to keep my LiPos in good condition. What do you think of the Thunder AC6 vs. the HiTec X1?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hitec ALL the way!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
dtr
Tech Master

I'ce been using a thunder ac6 for on e and a half years, it works. Quality may not be the best however; after about 20 charges one of the output leads ripped off the mainboard when pushing in the banana plug. A guy at the track helped me and soldered it back, since then it works without a hiccup. It comes with way more types of charging cables then the hitec. The hitec howerer can charge 2s packs a bit faster, 6Amps vs 5Amps on the Tunder, s depending on your batteries it can be a bit faster.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

that thunder power charger is the same thing you buy on eBay, and HOPEFULLY it has the new software or it will kill your packs.

go through the classifieds on here and find something like a duratrax 230, 235, 245, etc. I got mine for 35 bucks shipped and I use it as a third charger