Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Drop PUNCH RATE SWITCH POINT down to 1, default is 50. Make sure 1st and 2nd STAGE PUNCH RATE is set at 30, highest value. Dropping the PUNCH RATE SWITCH POINT down this low will give u everything the motor can give you earlier than the stock setting of 50.
idbdoug
Thanks for that.
Does anyone mess with a custom throttle curve, or just keep it linear?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Throttle input curve on the V3

I would like to know what changing the throttle input curve to "Custom" would do ?? I run it in linear at the moment. Im running 17.5 blinky class in touring car
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

I just saw that Paul Lemieux is now with Hobby Wing. This is pretty cool and just helped me make my choice on what ESC to buy. I am thinking of playing with electric and was trying to make a choice with all the brands out there. I know Paul is a great guy and very helpful, so it is Hobby Wing for me!!

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I just saw that Paul Lemieux is now with Hobby Wing. This is pretty cool and just helped me make my choice on what ESC to buy. I am thinking of playing with electric and was trying to make a choice with all the brands out there. I know Paul is a great guy and very helpful, so it is Hobby Wing for me!!

DJ Apolaro
Yes paul is a nice guy and thank you for your choice by using the Hobbywing Product.

Regards Angelo
Old 01-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

I have been using the v3.1 for sometime now and used to race stock I have moved to modified and I'm finding the speedo to be very punchy. Has anyone got any tips to smooth out this feeling I'm running a 4.5 on quite technical track with the speedo set in the mod settings any advice tips will be greatly
Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markmarshall
Hi guys

I have been using the v3.1 for sometime now and used to race stock I have moved to modified and I'm finding the speedo to be very punchy. Has anyone got any tips to smooth out this feeling I'm running a 4.5 on quite technical track with the speedo set in the mod settings any advice tips will be greatly
It's two things...

1) 4.5 motors are 10000000x punchier than a 17.5 motor. You've still got "stock finger." Believe me, figuring out your throttle finger is going to be the biggest change.

2) Set your throttle point to 50% and then set both stage 1 and stage 2 punch down to the single digits. It'll help A LOT. Doing so will lessen the amount of punch.

Also, try running in blinky before anything else. If it's a technical track, boost might not even help until you really learn your car.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Email me at ae@hobbywing and we will sort it out for you
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replys guys.
I will email cobraracing ASAP and also thanks for the advise in regards to the punch settings and finger control. I should have said this is in Tc as I have always raced mod in off road. So I can definitely say it doesn't feel right.

Thanks again
Old 01-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

I will be at the Thailand international touring championships from the 20th -24th of Feb 2014so please if you are attending this race please dont hesitate to come and say hello and also tech support and settings that you may need even just a chat or lunch during the race .I will also like some of your feedback on our products and what more example features that you would like to see implemented from us in the future.

See you guys there .

Regards Angelo
Old 01-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi guys

What motor and gearing? With 4.5 I basically run no boost and low punch most of the time, only when the grip is mega do I find boost gives a faster lap time
Old 01-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I would like to know what changing the throttle input curve to "Custom" would do ?? I run it in linear at the moment. Im running 17.5 blinky class in touring car
Bump
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

“Linear”This is where the forward throttle position of the transmitter directly relates to the forward throttle position into the ESC.

“Custom” – This allows for a multi-step setting to the forward throttle. This differs from exponential on the transmitter, in that the forward throttle input into the ESC can be defined in multiple increasing steps.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
“Linear”This is where the forward throttle position of the transmitter directly relates to the forward throttle position into the ESC.

“Custom” – This allows for a multi-step setting to the forward throttle. This differs from exponential on the transmitter, in that the forward throttle input into the ESC can be defined in multiple increasing steps.
Thanks for the reply, If I set it to custom can I program it to my own settings ?
Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply, If I set it to custom can I program it to my own settings ?
Yes you can you adjust the throttle graph curve on your usb link
Old 01-25-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Yes you can you adjust the throttle graph curve on your usb link
Wow that was a fast reply, any chance you can email me a setup for 17.5 blinky ? what throttle graph curve would you advise ?? [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.