Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo charging questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcduder
yes i know i said the balancer plug needs to be plugged in everytime while charging and balance charging is to make sure the packs are well balanced and and stay that way and yes should be down every 5-10 cycles
Got it
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Got it
good like i said just pm me with any questions about the batteries or charger in the future or anytime, especially about the truck i had lots of time with these and setting them up
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Keep in mind, just because the balance plug is plugged in does not mean u r balance charging. U have to make sure the charger says its in balance mode as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I'm new to lipo, so any advice would be great.

I just picked up a 2s 5000mah 50c lipo battery with a Imex No.10510 ac/dc balance/discharger charger.

1. When I charge the lipo should I do it in balance mode all the time or can I just charge the battery in charge mode?

2. How should I charge the lipo in storage mode and when should I use storage mode?

3. When should I discharge the lipo, and how?

I picked these up at my LHS and wonder if what I've bought is worth the money. The battery is Gravity Hobby.com 2s-1p 5000mah 50c hi-discharge, and the charger is stated above.

Thanks,

Darren.
Here is a good article to read if you're new to lipo's
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

It goes through propper handling and saftey issues.

From the article:
"You don’t have to balance your RC LiPo battery pack each time you charge it. Most will agree every 10th to 20th time is fine with a healthy battery pack. The problem is knowing if your pack is healthy, cells in older packs may become unstable? As far as I am concerned, if you have a good balancer or balancing charger, use it at every charge, or at least at every 2nd charge. That might be overkill, but if it prevents a damaged battery or fire just once, well, you decide."