Wiki Posts
Search

Stay Away from Novak ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stay Away from Novak ESC

bought a Novak pro Esc w/ X-drive 4 weeks ago, I ran it for 2 different practice sessions...then POOF up in smoke it goes.. sent it 2 weeks ago and called them up to follow up with Novak and was told i was to be notified when they will have more Esc's in stock because it's currently on BackOrder i was like Wow !

So i guess many other people are having the same issues with Novak and it seems to me they can't even keep enough in stock because they have to keep replacing them

Good quality stuff they make huh ...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Not cool to bash a company like Novak on a public forum like this. I have a few Novak speedo's and never had any issues with them ...oh wait one time I connected my lipo wrong and burned out a GTB but they fixed it for me at no charge even after I told them what I did.... and told them that I would pay for the repair. So for every bad story there are four more good things to say about a company. Sometimes its out of their control and they can only do their best but a lot of people use and are happy with their speed controls. When our speedo's work well and we win races or do well we dont bother to give the company any credit.... but as soon as we have one bad story to tell, we start a thread and tell others not to buy from them ...as if they intentionally screwd us. Now all of the sudden your issues have to be out there, and you have to show the rest of the world how bad this company is. Seriously dude.....
Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter george
Not cool to bash a company like Novak on a public forum like this. I have a few Novak speedo's and never had any issues with them ...oh wait one time I connected my lipo wrong and burned out a GTB but they fixed it for me at no charge even after I told them what I did.... and told them that I would pay for the repair. So for every bad story there are four more good things to say about a company. Sometimes its out of their control and they can only do their best but a lot of people use and are happy with their speed controls. When our speedo's work well and we win races or do well we dont bother to give the company any credit.... but as soon as we have one bad story to tell, we start a thread and tell others not to buy from them ...as if they intentionally screwd us. Now all of the sudden your issues have to be out there, and you have to show the rest of the world how bad this company is. Seriously dude.....
+1, Especially Novak. I havent had their gear for a long time but if there was anything great about that company,,,,,,,,,it has always been their support. Oh yeah and Charlie!!!! And they did the same exact thing for me when I crossed up a GTB. A three year old GTB at that
Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running Novak since 1990. I have only had 3 go bad in all those years. One of those was my own fault. Also, in all this time I have no customer service complaints. They are a top notch company!
Two things.... First a public forum should not be a place or axe grinding! Second...you have a problem with a product that is brand new! It is understandable that you would have to wait for an item that is this new to be in stock. Either be patient , or an alternative would be to contact Novak and see if you can substitute for something that is in stock.

Novak frequently monitors rctech and hobbytalk. You aren't doing yourself any favors by flaming them.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Also bad luck with them. 2 out of 3 novak escs smoked and no emails back. I don't go around making boards about it though lmao just buy different escs and move on.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by matas2u
bought a Novak pro Esc w/ X-drive 4 weeks ago, I ran it for 2 different practice sessions...then POOF up in smoke it goes.. sent it 2 weeks ago and called them up to follow up with Novak and was told i was to be notified when they will have more Esc's in stock because it's currently on BackOrder i was like Wow !

So i guess many other people are having the same issues with Novak and it seems to me they can't even keep enough in stock because they have to keep replacing them

matas2u, thank you for posting ! The public needs to know how bad Novak is doing there customers. That is bad business to do.

they only think about the money now, there not what they use to be. If any one dose not like what I have said. Too bad. Novak has done too many bad things lately to ignore.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Your are so right

They suck

Originally Posted by matas2u

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I bough a new Novak Havoc Pro SC with x-drive, ran it for 1 5 min qualifier and it started to shudder like the timing sensor in the motor was bad but turned out to be transistors in the esc. Sent it back to Novak and they replaced it. Great service if the esc is still under warranty but don't trust their quality anymore. I still love their Ballistic motors.

Michael Bunker
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I feel that if a company wishes to charge a premium for their products and a large portion of that premium is justified by high level of customer service and top grade, reliable products, they really need to deliver consistently to keep the privilege to charge that premium. negative feedback is a natural part of any business, good or bad.

Mate, I hope for you and for Novak that you end up getting what you paid for.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This thread and everyone like it, no matter what brand, is LAME!

EVERY brand on the market has esc's that fail. Anyone who's been in the hobby for any length of time knows this. And realizes to jump on the web and cry about it is pointless....and lame
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Novak has treated me very well in my experience. Charlie is awesome. I'm sure he would be willing to help you out and go above and beyond. [email protected]
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812
This thread and everyone like it, no matter what brand, is LAME!

EVERY brand on the market has esc's that fail. Anyone who's been in the hobby for any length of time knows this. And realizes to jump on the web and cry about it is pointless....and lame

This thread and others like it, is for keeping the public informed on how a company is treating the consumer and how there products are. If you don't like it, O WELL ! You should be ashamed to recommend something that you know is most likely going to fail. You have to sleep on this, not me.

If a company is let to do as they will, you will have a lot going on like China and would not be able to keep a company at check.

Now Bob Novak use to know how to get it done.

Last edited by Tim3; 04-06-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
This thread and others like it, is for keeping the public informed on how a company is treating the consumer. If you don't like it, O WELL !

Now Bob Novak use to know how to get it done.
I would agree....if the OP read more like this.

"My Novak esc blew up and had to send it in, sucks but it happens. I have to wait to get a replacement because they're on back order, which also sucks."

You can "inform the public" without a flaming rant because your upset.

If we all listened to threads like this we would all have to run nitro because there wouldn't be any esc's left to chose from......oh wait nitro motors blow up too.

There are brands on the market that I honestly can't stand and know for a fact are complete junk but I don't feel a need to bash them, I just don't buy them.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My Novak Duster 2 is still operating outside of it's voltage levels for over 10 years!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812
I would agree....if the OP read more like this.

"My Novak esc blew up and had to send it in, sucks but it happens. I have to wait to get a replacement because they're on back order, which also sucks."

You can "inform the public" without a flaming rant because your upset.

If we all listened to threads like this we would all have to run nitro because there wouldn't be any esc's left to chose from......oh wait nitro motors blow up too.

There are brands on the market that I honestly can't stand and know for a fact are complete junk but I don't feel a need to bash them, I just don't buy them.

He has every right to fill how he dose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.