Airtronics M11 DSSS

Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Airtronics M11 DSSS

Hello guys and gals. I recently purchased a M11 radio with the DSSS module and a 92724 receiver. I'm new to the hobby and realize this radio has functions on it that I may never use, but I got a good deal on it (I think anyways).
Is the 92724 receiver compatable with a 2s lipo unregulated? I have found the specs for this receiver on the net and several sources rate it up to 7.4v. I e-mailed Airtronics and asked them if I had any options for replacement parts or upgrade parts for this radio, they no longer do but I was also informed that the 92724 receiver is not lipo safe. Are there any users here still using this receiver that can say yes or no for shure?
Lastly, in the event I ever need or want to upgrade the module and receiver, is there any that you all would suggest. I have seen several M11's for sale with the Specktrum modules, but just today found 1 made by Radiopost. Any thoughts on these 2 replacements.
Sorry for the long newbe post. If there is any other advise you guys want to offer I am all ears. If you want to tell me I made a big mistake and should have bought XYZ brand I will love to hear it as well, just be nice about Thank you.

Steve
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still use an M11 with DSSS. The receiver instructions say it is not BEC equipped, and do not use it with more than 6V unregulated.

So short answer, no, it does not look like it is compatible with a 2S LiPo pack. You could only use it with a LiFe pack.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As for the module, you can have a look at the FHSS-2 module for the sanwa/ Airtronics.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So far the only replacement module I have found is the Radiopost, and their receivers do allow the use of lipo's unregulated. But the Spektrum's and Airtronics are no longer available.