R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Losi glitching question

Hello,
I installed a flysky receiver in my Losi 8ight 2.0 E on the weekend. I am having some servo glitching issues. The setup info is as follows:
Losi 8ight 2.0 E
JR9100 servo
xceleron esc
1700kv xcerelon motor
What do I need to fix this issue ? I have never had issues with glitching before.
Thanks
camps23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

sounds to me like the $6 rx. I don't know why you would have a $6-$700 buggy and control it with a $35 radio system. That being said, I have an old ko mars r that I converted to flysky module, with about 20 cars running off it, and a gt3b with 7 or 8 cars running off it. These are mostly all vintage cars or bashers that I replaced the old am stuff out of just so I could play with them and keep up with one remote. For the most part they are fine to play around the house with, but I have accumulated a handful of receivers not that have either gone bad, or bad out of the box. No range, glitches, when you let off throttle it reacts slowly, these are problems I have encountered. For the higher dollar rigs or stuff I race, I have a dx3r pro. Have about 20 cars linked off it, and have never had a problem with them. A few nights ago i needed a spek rx for something, so robbed one out of the wraith, and stuck a flysky in it. Recalibrated esc, centered everything up. I never had any quirks with this setup what so ever, now with the flysky the servo consantly buzzes, and half the time at neutral the motor makes a little noise like its not zero'd properly. Try another rx first, if that don't fix it buy you a used quality setup and you should be good to go.
junkman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman12 View Post
sounds to me like the $6 rx. I don't know why you would have a $6-$700 buggy and control it with a $35 radio system. That being said, I have an old ko mars r that I converted to flysky module, with about 20 cars running off it, and a gt3b with 7 or 8 cars running off it. These are mostly all vintage cars or bashers that I replaced the old am stuff out of just so I could play with them and keep up with one remote. For the most part they are fine to play around the house with, but I have accumulated a handful of receivers not that have either gone bad, or bad out of the box. No range, glitches, when you let off throttle it reacts slowly, these are problems I have encountered. For the higher dollar rigs or stuff I race, I have a dx3r pro. Have about 20 cars linked off it, and have never had a problem with them. A few nights ago i needed a spek rx for something, so robbed one out of the wraith, and stuck a flysky in it. Recalibrated esc, centered everything up. I never had any quirks with this setup what so ever, now with the flysky the servo consantly buzzes, and half the time at neutral the motor makes a little noise like its not zero'd properly. Try another rx first, if that don't fix it buy you a used quality setup and you should be good to go.

I really think the gt3b is a decent radio for my needs. I only race when I get a chance at club level and most of the time just enjoy the practice days. There are thousands running this same radio on similar setups without issues. Im thinking I need an external BEC or glitch buster but thought I would get everyone's opinion
camps23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You have the right idea, there are tons of these radios successfully being used all over the place, so I see no reason to assume it is the price making it perform poorly. Spektrum is certainly not the answer, search around the forum and you will surely see Spektrum glitching threads all over the place. The BEC is the correct fix, but adds extra weight and wiring, the cap can often cover the issue, but there is no way of knowing without trying it first.