R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Novak kinetic "Spec" questions ?

hi, im wondering if this is a good esc to move from a sphere comp? (dont laugh i know its old but still works awesome ) im just wanting something thats more updated and the novak kinetic spec esc looks like everything i would ever need so im wondering just what you guys that have one or have had one think about it and what problems (if any) have you had, and just an all around short review of it basically. and one more thing, is it easy or hard to re-solder new wires to the esc? thank you
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduder View Post
hi, im wondering if this is a good esc to move from a sphere comp? (dont laugh i know its old but still works awesome ) im just wanting something thats more updated and the novak kinetic spec esc looks like everything i would ever need so im wondering just what you guys that have one or have had one think about it and what problems (if any) have you had, and just an all around short review of it basically. and one more thing, is it easy or hard to re-solder new wires to the esc? thank you
The Kinetic spec is a great ESC. However, Novak has moved on from that model and now puts out the Havoc Pro SC which is pretty much the same thing, but it has X Drive which is quite a bit smoother on the throttle control. As far as changing the wires on the ESC, the tabs are out in the open and changing wires is easy with a narrow soldering tip. I use to have a Sphere, which is a great ESC as well, but if I remember right changing the wires was impossible.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnchoPwr View Post
The Kinetic spec is a great ESC. However, Novak has moved on from that model and now puts out the Havoc Pro SC which is pretty much the same thing, but it has X Drive which is quite a bit smoother on the throttle control. As far as changing the wires on the ESC, the tabs are out in the open and changing wires is easy with a narrow soldering tip. I use to have a Sphere, which is a great ESC as well, but if I remember right changing the wires was impossible.
cool dude thank you im going to get the kinetic model because i have a way to get a really good deal on a kinetic/ballistic 17.5 combo so imthinking thats the best way to go for me right now cause money is tight. but what are thoughts on the ballistic motor?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduder View Post
cool dude thank you im going to get the kinetic model because i have a way to get a really good deal on a kinetic/ballistic 17.5 combo so imthinking thats the best way to go for me right now cause money is tight. but what are thoughts on the ballistic motor?
The Kinetic Spec is still a great speedo. If the deal is to good to pass up, you have to take it.

I certainly understand the tight money issue. The ballistic motors are a solid choice of the many good motors out there. I run Novak ESCs and motors in both of my cars and have zero issues with them. In stock class racing everyone is pretty much on the same page as far as power. I finish in the top 3 pretty consistently with my ballistic 17.5.

Last edited by PnchoPwr; 04-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.
PnchoPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnchoPwr View Post
The Kinetic Spec is still a great speedo. If the deal is to good to pass up, you have to take it.

I certainly understand the tight money issue. The ballistic motors are a solid choice of the many good motors out there. I run Novak ESCs and motors in both of my cars and have zero issues with them. In stock class racing everyone is pretty much on the same page as far as power. I finish in the top 3 pretty consistently with my ballistic 17.5.
thanks man im definetly gettin this system after this weekend at the track cause i got to sell my combo to get money for the other so ima race with what i got until after the weekend