Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Why does HobbyPartz never have Gen's Ace in Stock??? >

Why does HobbyPartz never have Gen's Ace in Stock???

Why does HobbyPartz never have Gen's Ace in Stock???

Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Why does HobbyPartz never have Gen's Ace in Stock???

Anyone know why Hobbypartz can go for months on end without restocking their 50c lipos? I mean I have been checking and checking and checking and I just don't understand how a company can function without any inventory...Almost EVERY single item the offer that is a great deal is out of stock..Almost every size turn sensored nonsensored motors, esc's are out of stock. I would say well over 50% of the site is out of stock and has been for 6 months or more. I mean if your not going to sell the items please pull them so I stop wasting my time by having to go back and check to see if by some chance they finally restocked lipos, esc's, motors, servos....ect ect...
Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Anyone know why Hobbypartz can go for months on end without restocking their 50c lipos? I mean I have been checking and checking and checking and I just don't understand how a company can function without any inventory...Almost EVERY single item the offer that is a great deal is out of stock..Almost every size turn sensored nonsensored motors, esc's are out of stock. I would say well over 50% of the site is out of stock and has been for 6 months or more. I mean if your not going to sell the items please pull them so I stop wasting my time by having to go back and check to see if by some chance they finally restocked lipos, esc's, motors, servos....ect ect...
Im to the point where id just assume wait for the shipping from hobbyking and order lipos from them or some from others like builtrc, spc, promatch even tho some of them are even currently out of stock, but my luck would have it I would order and the next day hobbypartz would be in stock...It sucks I'm with you, how can a company stay in business like that....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know what you are saying. I cancelled an order and they told me 3-4 weeks before re-stock. i have a feeling that there are also many backorders so when they get a batch in, they are gone asap.

Just on friday I saw some connectors back in stock that had been sold out. by Sunday morning they were sold out again. cheap prices + USA stock, +free shipping = a ton of orders quickly.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have been a big advocate for Gen's Ace but Im finding it harder and harder to recommend them to anyone as they are NEVER available. I think I will go back to buying my Lipo's from HobbyKing nanotechs are starting to get some decent C ratings so Maybe Ill give them a shot. I still refuse to pay 75.00 to 150.00 for a 2 cell lipo, to me that's a bad investment unless you can actually show me they perform even 5% better than Gen's Ace, or other lower cost Lipo's. Any Company that runs out of products for 310+ days a year just doesnt impress me at all. I don't understand how they are even Manufacturing the Gen's ace lipo's Im sure they must have a factory somewhere, what is the factory only open once every 6 months?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I too have given up on Gens Ace. I have 2 of their packs, and love em'.

Have any of you guys tried, or heard of anyone using the Haiyin packs? There is an add in the latest issues of Car Action, and they are stocked in the USA. N
Old 02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The hardwired 40c 2s batteries came back in stock about 2 weeks ago and they were gone in less than 2 days. There are some 45C and 65C Gens Ace Batteries for sale on Gens Ace's website, but they are in Germany and I didn't see an option for shipping to the US.

What's amazing to me is how much sales they've lost because people simply cannot wait for them. They sell out immediately and command a high price when they pop up on eBay.

This is gonna sound bad, but if you wanted to make a quick buck, buy a bunch of the 40C lipos when they show up and then turn around and resell them after they go out of stock again. You'll probably double your money
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout View Post
Im to the point where id just assume wait for the shipping from hobbyking and order lipos from them or some from others like builtrc, spc, promatch even tho some of them are even currently out of stock, but my luck would have it I would order and the next day hobbypartz would be in stock...It sucks I'm with you, how can a company stay in business like that....
I have gone with hobby king and nano techs a log time ago. I bought 3 2s batts and paid $10 for shipping, which isn't to bad at all. Plus there performance is alot better then the Gen Ace.

Pro-Match batteries are A+ to
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I can assure you that the Orion Carbon series and the Thunder Power packs go nuts compared to the Gens Ace packs. I like the Gens packs a lot they do the job and very well. The Orions and TP's just have a more consistent punch. Its very noticeable. Im currently using the best Gens available too.... 50c
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz View Post
I can assure you that the Orion Carbon series and the Thunder Power packs go nuts compared to the Gens Ace packs. I like the Gens packs a lot they do the job and very well. The Orions and TP's just have a more consistent punch. Its very noticeable. Im currently using the best Gens available too.... 50c
Well that might be but its not in my opinion worth double the price or more. If im getting beat its not because my batteries arent fast enough.......
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout View Post
Well that might be but its not in my opinion worth double the price or more. If im getting beat its not because my batteries arent fast enough.......
This. I have 2 Gens Ace and they are good batteries, but if I can't get more I'm sure as hell not paying double or triple the price for a name brand. I have a Turnigy 4S battery that I run in my 1/8 buggy that costs a whopping $30 and I have no trouble keeping up with any other buggy based on speed/power alone (I just need to learn to take better lines).
Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I grabbed two of the 40C 4S 5000mah hard case packs when they were in stock a few weeks ago. Both went dead after 3-4 runs. The tab where the positive cable is soldered to the battery broke off. Exactly the same problem on both batteries. During assembly they didn't peel the film off the double sided tape holding the hard case to the lipo cells. I could easily pull the hard case apart. I think the cells were sliding back and forth ever so slightly inside the case and weakened the thin aluminum tab until it finally broke. My other two packs from January are still good after 30 - 40 runs, but I've lost faith in these and don't plan to buy them again.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got me gen aces no problem lol. Firstg time ordering from hobbypartz. free priority shipping and got from calif to florida in 2days
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

What are you talking about they are in stock

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace65c.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace45c.html

But honestly at those prices, I'd rather buy a lipo that comes with warranty.............
Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Hi

Last edited by racer1812; 07-08-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: retail advertising
Old 07-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...ategory_id=101

I have both the 5300 40c 2s and the 5600 65c 2s. Great batteries at decent prices.