Wiki Posts
Search

*** Lipo Charger Question ***

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default *** Lipo Charger Question ***

Hello peoples I've got a question about lipo chargers. I've got a Dynam Supermate Dc6 http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-10...rger-blue.html that I currently use and it worked great till I got a 1/8 truggy and 5s 5000mah batteries. Now I can only charge at 1.5 amp and its taking foreverrr. My is, is there any other chargers that don't a arm and a leg that I can get to speed up charge times? The more expensive the charger/power supply the longer I'll have to wait to get one. just let me know what kind of options I have thanks everyone
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Build a PC power supply and buy a hobbyking 200w or better charger
Old 02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm in over my head I think lol I'll start looking into that
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

These 2 items will solve your problem and not cost an arm and a leg. The power supply is out of stock but you could build your own from a computer power supply.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-balancecharger-6200.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-g350-powersupply.html
Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I picked up a Tenergy T6B balancing charger and power supply combo from Amazon for under $60 shipped, and it works like a champ! The manual is in Engrish, but I figured it out in 5 minutes, and I'd never done electric RC before. Good, readable screen, charges up to 5 amps, has all the connections you could ever need included, does lipo, life, and nimh.. Highly recommended, excellent value.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jf+
I picked up a Tenergy T6B balancing charger and power supply combo from Amazon for under $60 shipped, and it works like a champ! The manual is in Engrish, but I figured it out in 5 minutes, and I'd never done electric RC before. Good, readable screen, charges up to 5 amps, has all the connections you could ever need included, does lipo, life, and nimh.. Highly recommended, excellent value.
A FYI, believe all of the Tenergy T6 variations are limited to 50 watts of power. Fine for a 2S lipo, but would also be quite slow on the the thread question of a 5S lipo.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
A FYI, believe all of the Tenergy T6 variations are limited to 50 watts of power. Fine for a 2S lipo, but would also be quite slow on the the thread question of a 5S lipo.
Whoops, right you are. My eyes only saw the "now i can only charge at 1.5 amp" in the original post, which was probably a typo anyway.

Not to be a jerk, but 5 Amps x 110 volt household current = 550 watts.

Although your post probably just had a typo too.

Anyway, doesn't help this guy. The higher amp chargers are pretty expensive, and the "cheaper" ones seem really dangerous. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jf+
Whoops, right you are. My eyes only saw the "now i can only charge at 1.5 amp" in the original post, which was probably a typo anyway.

Not to be a jerk, but 5 Amps x 110 volt household current = 550 watts.

Although your post probably just had a typo too.

Anyway, doesn't help this guy. The higher amp chargers are pretty expensive, and the "cheaper" ones seem really dangerous. Good luck.
Mixing output and input. The 5 amps applies to the output, max of 8.4 volts for a 2S for example. The 110 volt input is probably in the region of 1 amp, depending on the efficiencies of the charger and power supply sections and the power factor of the power supply.