R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   MX-3 FHSS No Throttle? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/592284-mx-3-fhss-no-throttle.html)

GPZ1170 01-27-2012 03:51 PM

MX-3 FHSS No Throttle?

I have a MX-3FHSS with a Airtronics 92324 receiver. Right now I have steering but no throttle. The servo is plugged into the top connector (ST) and the throttle is in the second connector (TH) of the receiver. Obviously this the way it is suppose to work. Here is the thing that I cant figure out, I can plug the ESC into the steering location and the steering into the throttle location and I can control the servo with trigger and the throttle with the wheel. At first I figured I killed the ESC so I bought a NEW Hobbywing EZRUN 60a and nothing has changed. I have tried many times to calibrate the ESC's throttle throttle range settings but I believe it is not picking up a signal from the receiver.

I have the radio set to these settings.

D/R ST 81%
EPA ST R 100%
EPA TH L 100%
EPA TH H 100%
AUX L 100%
ARC ST 0%
ARC TH 0%
SUB-T ST R 8
SUB-T TH 0
ST REV
TH REV

When you calibrate the throttle range setting on the ESC you are suppose to calibrate the neutral position first, if the setting takes a green light will blink once. Mine does nothing but beep nonstop.

Anyone have an opinion that isn't me buying new crap?

Thanks in advance

tc5 man 01-27-2012 04:36 PM

Is your battery fully charged? I had the same problem with it also but avter the battery had a full charge it worked.

skipnay 01-27-2012 05:04 PM

I just did my Mamba Monster turning on the radio. Pulling full throttle then turning on the ESC. After a second or twoI let it go to neutral. Then I let it to full brake for a couple seconds then back to neutral. I got mine working.... :D

GPZ1170 01-27-2012 06:12 PM

Battery is topped off.

I tried every different trigger combination I could think of.

skipnay 01-28-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by GPZ1170 (Post 10238429)
Battery is topped off.

I tried every different trigger combination I could think of.

Where are you located at? Maybe someone near by could help you out. Good luck man.

GPZ1170 01-28-2012 07:46 AM

I used this radio and receiver in a SC10 for indoor carpet racing with jumps and what not. I have issues in the past of loosing my motor after the truck either took a big hit or came off a jump to hard. All I had to do is turn the ESC on and off and everything would work again. My thoughts are is that the receiver is taking a beating and is the root of the issue? I guess I will look around for another receiver.

skipnay 01-28-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by GPZ1170 (Post 10240486)
I used this radio and receiver in a SC10 for indoor carpet racing with jumps and what not. I have issues in the past of loosing my motor after the truck either took a big hit or came off a jump to hard. All I had to do is turn the ESC on and off and everything would work again. My thoughts are is that the receiver is taking a beating and is the root of the issue? I guess I will look around for another receiver.

That or the ESC...

GPZ1170 01-28-2012 09:04 AM

Nope. New ESC has zero miles on it and I get a similar result.

Originally Posted by skipnay (Post 10240757)
That or the ESC...