Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio with the Best Ergonomics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Radio with the Best Ergonomics.

So I had to sell off all my gear but in the near future I'm going to start building up my setup again and go racing. The radio I had in the past was a Futaba 4PKS. I liked the radio, it did everything I could ever want it to do and even some stuff that I was clueless on. The radio had a nice feel to it and it looked cool. The problem is that I think too much of the nice things were visual. Lets face it, when you're on the track, who cares what you see on the screen.

So I've been thinking about what radio I may try and buy and I've noticed the KO Propo Eurus again. Around my track the dominant brands are Spektrum and Futaba with a sprinkle of Airtronics. I've seen one KO Eurus in the pits at one time and it was from an out of town racer. Spektrums feel like Toys, Airtronics seem outdated, and I don't want to spend another $500 for a 4PKS.

My question is, has anyone owned or used a 4PKS then switched to a KO Eurus and regretted the decision? I've heard mixed results. I'm a big guy with with big hands and I think the 3D drop down wheel will be beneficial. When I get back into this hobby, The Futaba 4PL is on my list of options but I would rather wait an extra paycheck to get a radio that fits well in my hands and still provides good performance.

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go KO and you will NEVER go back. The Helios/Eurus case with the dropped/angled wheel is, imo, the most comfortable transmitter EVER, and I've been doing this for 25+ years.

Factor in the size of the receivers, and the excellent customer support they offer, and you just can't go wrong.....
Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thumbs up on the KO radio.But whatever fits your style will be best for you.The Eurus or the Helios are the favorites of some of the best rc drivers in the world.I tried the drop-down wheel but didn't like it for my style of driving.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dammit138
So I had to sell off all my gear but in the near future I'm going to start building up my setup again and go racing. The radio I had in the past was a Futaba 4PKS. I liked the radio, it did everything I could ever want it to do and even some stuff that I was clueless on. The radio had a nice feel to it and it looked cool. The problem is that I think too much of the nice things were visual. Lets face it, when you're on the track, who cares what you see on the screen.

So I've been thinking about what radio I may try and buy and I've noticed the KO Propo Eurus again. Around my track the dominant brands are Spektrum and Futaba with a sprinkle of Airtronics. I've seen one KO Eurus in the pits at one time and it was from an out of town racer. Spektrums feel like Toys, Airtronics seem outdated, and I don't want to spend another $500 for a 4PKS.

My question is, has anyone owned or used a 4PKS then switched to a KO Eurus and regretted the decision? I've heard mixed results. I'm a big guy with with big hands and I think the 3D drop down wheel will be beneficial. When I get back into this hobby, The Futaba 4PL is on my list of options but I would rather wait an extra paycheck to get a radio that fits well in my hands and still provides good performance.

Thanks for your time.

i have had the 3pk. 4pl. airtronics m8 and spectrum ( for a day) now i have a ko eurus with drop down wheel and a lipo battery... hands down the ko is better.. very easy to use.. i do turn the adjusting knob the wrong way most of the time but the menu is easy to go thru.. i have noticed that the radio just feels good.. i got the ko 2 days before a bigger race.. i thought it would cause me problems getting use to it but all the radio did was make me smoother and more relaxed.. dont know how but it did.. just feels very nice to use.. the 3d trigger is a big + for me.. also if you look at all the radios the ko has the longest throttle pull.. some people say this hurts you but what it really does is smooth out your throttle pull. i became smoother that i was which makes for faster laps.. ko is 16mm pull where airtronics is 10mm pull. 4pl was 11-12mm pull.. plus the reciever size helps out in the small boxes now days in nitro.. on the 1/10 onroad car you car stuff them anywhere.. yes ko is in the 500 range but well worth the $$.. jeremy
Old 01-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Go KO and you will NEVER go back. The Helios/Eurus case with the dropped/angled wheel is, imo, the most comfortable transmitter EVER, and I've been doing this for 25+ years.

Factor in the size of the receivers, and the excellent customer support they offer, and you just can't go wrong.....
+1

I love my Ko radio, it is super comfortable and lightweight. I have many friends that run Ko now as well and are extremely happy with it too. Also of all the radios and receivers I've owned theirs has the best build quality and feel of products used not to mention their 2.4 system is the absolute best, I've never felt more connected with any other 2.4 system by any manufacturer. I can pretty much guarantee you'll love the Helios/Euros with a drop-down wheel extension. Try one out, you'll only wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

This question is urgent for me too. What do you think about Radiopost radio?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are all good radios and I'm sure they feel real good in the hands of those who use them but will they feel as good in YOUR hands. This you have to try for yourself because no one else has your hands.