Search

velineon esc cutting out? tried 3 radios/rec

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default velineon esc cutting out? tried 3 radios/rec

Hi,
I have a used Slash with a supposed new velineon esc and motor setup - we had an issue while waiting for our 2.4 Traxxas radio & rec. to show up.
Car was only about 20 yards away and went crazy full throttle. Next time after receiving my 2.4 Traxxas radio and rec. when car gets about 30-40 yards away I lose contact with it and then when walking closer and giving light throttle it goes into full throttle or full reverse!
I thought maybe bad radio , so I tried another Traxxas 2.4 and same problem.
The esc light ins green so it is linked correctly.
We have another Slash with a Mamba Monster and a Rustler with a castle esc - they both use Traxxas 2.4 radios and rec. with NO problems so I don't see where this would be a signal problem in my area and this has happened in two different locations.
One being a new devolpment with no houses completed and no active street lights.
I am suspecting the ESC is bad?????
Help please!
Thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

The green light on the esc does not mean its linked . Its the green light on the receiver. I would start over making sure the radio is linked properly,check your connections and reprogram the esc . When you run the 2.4 and it loses signal the esc will return to neutral.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j_cassandra
Hi,
I have a used Slash with a supposed new velineon esc and motor setup - we had an issue while waiting for our 2.4 Traxxas radio & rec. to show up.
Car was only about 20 yards away and went crazy full throttle. Next time after receiving my 2.4 Traxxas radio and rec. when car gets about 30-40 yards away I lose contact with it and then when walking closer and giving light throttle it goes into full throttle or full reverse!
I thought maybe bad radio , so I tried another Traxxas 2.4 and same problem.
The esc light ins green so it is linked correctly.
We have another Slash with a Mamba Monster and a Rustler with a castle esc - they both use Traxxas 2.4 radios and rec. with NO problems so I don't see where this would be a signal problem in my area and this has happened in two different locations.
One being a new devolpment with no houses completed and no active street lights.
I am suspecting the ESC is bad?????
Help please!
Thanks.
2.4ghz is a digital signal and not subject to interference of the same sort that AM was (Jitters, Etc). If your car is exploding into WOT for no reason, I'd be suspecting the ESC, not the RX/TX, assuming of course you've tried these radio parts in other vehicles (looks like you have).

So yeah. ESC. Have Traxxas patch it up.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We went through reprogramming several times. The green light on esc blinked at end of programming when in full reverse, last step - after releasing out of reverse into neutral esc showed solid green.
Thanks for helping