Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better Hitec or Futaba Servo

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm new to RC buggy even though I know whats is servo through RC plane .

Been looking at the KO Propo, what's your opinion with this selection

KO Propo RSx Response - for my steering. Wanted to go for RSX Response H.C. but it's about 5gram heavier but it's a hard case designed for ultimate rigidity.

I was advise to keep the weight of the buggy lighter. So if I can save 10 gram that would be great (5 gram each for the throttle and steering)

KO Propo RSx Power - for the throttle. Same reason, since RSx Power H.C. is 5gram heavier.

Sorry guys the forum don't allow me to post any URL as I'm still new bird here can point you guys the the direct page of the servos.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

All those Futaba BLS servos mentioned are really Heli servos just people are using them in Offroad. They are cyclic servos which will have no effect on your application but alot of advantage in helis.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh, also, should I change my servo horn to a aluminium one or just stay with the stock?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pntmachine
All those Futaba BLS servos mentioned are really Heli servos just people are using them in Offroad. They are cyclic servos which will have no effect on your application but alot of advantage in helis.
I see. thanks pntmachine. Learn something new again
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
I'm new to RC buggy even though I know whats is servo through RC plane .

Been looking at the KO Propo, what's your opinion with this selection

KO Propo RSx Response - for my steering. Wanted to go for RSX Response H.C. but it's about 5gram heavier but it's a hard case designed for ultimate rigidity.

I was advise to keep the weight of the buggy lighter. So if I can save 10 gram that would be great (5 gram each for the throttle and steering)

KO Propo RSx Power - for the throttle. Same reason, since RSx Power H.C. is 5gram heavier.

Sorry guys the forum don't allow me to post any URL as I'm still new bird here can point you guys the the direct page of the servos.

Thanks
I have been using a pair of ko RSX servos 1 power and 1 speed in a buggy since they were released oct 2010. They are the best servos on the market today and with the optional programmer you can dial them in perfectly. I use the hc models because I don't want any issues. Some will be concerned about the extra 10 grams and if you are a good enough driver to have 10 grams cause you to be slower then someone is paying you to drive RC. I'm not that guy so I don't worry about it. Andalum horns eliminate another weak spot.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have been using a pair of ko RSX servos 1 power and 1 speed in a buggy since they were released oct 2010. They are the best servos on the market today and with the optional programmer you can dial them in perfectly. I use the hc models because I don't want any issues. Some will be concerned about the extra 10 grams and if you are a good enough driver to have 10 grams cause you to be slower then someone is paying you to drive RC. I'm not that guy so I don't worry about it. Andalum horns eliminate another weak spot.
Explain what makes them the best on the market today please, programing is eliminated because they are not the only one. Just curious.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i run the futaba brushless servos now for 3 years.. and i run them because of low power draw.. i can run them all weekend on 1 charge.. i run a 2100 lipo pack with regulator
Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
i run the futaba brushless servos now for 3 years.. and i run them because of low power draw.. i can run them all weekend on 1 charge.. i run a 2100 lipo pack with regulator
Now theres a plus!! whats up K, hope all is well man. Saw somewhere you just came off vacation in warm times. lol
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

NOT TRUE AT ALL. BLS352, 451, 452, 351 are ALL car servos. THEY ARE NOT HELI SERVOS. Let me repeat, they are meant to be used on cars. Unlike the other BLS servos that start with 1's or 2's. BLS servos that start with 4's or 3's are car servos.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Now theres a plus!! whats up K, hope all is well man. Saw somewhere you just came off vacation in warm times. lol
hey man.. everything is well here on my end.... just waiting for some nitro up in my neck of the woods.. hope all is well on your end as well.. i know you have great racing weather all year...

and yes it was warm about a week ago.. now its.. well i won't say it... lol
Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
NOT TRUE AT ALL. BLS352, 451, 452, 351 are ALL car servos. THEY ARE NOT HELI SERVOS. Let me repeat, they are meant to be used on cars. Unlike the other BLS servos that start with 1's or 2's. BLS servos that start with 4's or 3's are car servos.
They are all cyclic and that is made for heli applications regardless of what you say. There is no reason for cyclic servos in car apps but they still can be used and Futaba will tell you so. Even that 451 is a cyclic servo. Research and you will see that 351 is a common heli servo among alot of operators. Its even listed in alot of Hobby shops as Heli/Plane applications. I am not knocking this product at all as they are good servos but they are cyclic.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
hey man.. everything is well here on my end.... just waiting for some nitro up in my neck of the woods.. hope all is well on your end as well.. i know you have great racing weather all year...

and yes it was warm about a week ago.. now its.. well i won't say it... lol
Sorry to hear the cold has set in, this is when we can race and not melt like popsickles lol. Keep rockin brother!!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry to hear the cold has set in, this is when we can race and not melt like popsickles lol. Keep rockin brother!!
Kick a man when he is down.. LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
sorry man.. but on the futaba website the only servo listed, (from your list) for car is the 452.. the 352 is listed as help.. and all others are as high torque or speed..

but i use them as long as they have the required torque and speed ..
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Suspended

Not sure if its just me and bad luck but i have had two bad servos out of the box within 6 months of each other. Not sure if they have HV servos perfected or not. Customer service is top not though. Sent replacement very quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.