Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Receiver/transponder interference... >

Receiver/transponder interference...

Receiver/transponder interference...

Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Receiver/transponder interference...

Had an issue today... I was running a club transponder and it was causing interference with my receiver, as if someone else was running the same frequency.

I run a 27mhz AM setup for my F104 and anytime I put the club transponder near the receiver it was glitching. I have never had an issue before and been running this setup for quite a while now.

Last night I did resolder the ESC to the motor with new wire... but apart from that nothing else has changed. Did try another receiver exactly the same and the same thing happened!?!?! Moved the receiver to another place and didn't have an issue after this.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS did try another club transponder and same thing happened.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are the club transponders the old, very large ones? Those things can be overpowering to old AM systems so moving the receiver away from it was the right thing to do.

As for other ideas:
Are you running the old brushed silver can motors than many clubs do in F1 classes?
If you are, do you have capacitors on the motor?
If you have the capacitors on, did one or more of them get damaged/overheated during the re-soldering process?

On AM, anything, and I mean anything can cause interference. Even the cheapest brand-name ( example here ) 2.4 system would immediately solve all your issues and make for many more happier trips to the track.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

oh, the joy of AM glitches.
Another thing to check - make sure none of your motor or servo wires cross the antenna wire from the receiver. Check this wire often to make sure it hasn't broken inside the insulation, or rubbed through.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome guys thanks!
Yeah old silver can motors and the big old transponders. When I soldered up the motor I think I might have changed the route of the odd wire...

Working fine again now that I moved the receiver.

I did buy a KO PROPO EX-5UR setup with 2 receivers (as I just built a Pro10 which I will be racing) but you need digital servos and I only have analogue ones So I'm saving at the moment to get a couple decent digital servos. I did try the system with the analogue servos but it was no good...