Wiki Posts
Search

question about plugs for batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default question about plugs for batteries

hey guys need some quick insight. I have a little dilemma. I need some lipos to get my car up and running. I would prefer to use the GenAce 2s 7.4v 5000mAh batteries but they are out of stock. I know they direct connect versions are instock. If I need to change the plugs to bullets or to deans whatever the case may be, that wont be an issue.

But what I am wondering is, I have read somehwhere, and I dont recall where. Is that, alot of people who race, dont use a any sort of connect from the battery to the esc because it restricts flow? Can anyone elaborate on this, and whether it is true. From my understanding it will likely be awhile till GenAce has the batteries in stock I would prefer, and I personally don't see spending $100+ on one battery. So part of me is tempted to bite the bullet and buy the direct connect ones. I am just curious if it is true that having a connector between the battery to the esc does restrict flow, in comparison just have bullet plugs that go directly into the battery straight to the esc.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For some very high power 5th or 8th scale stuff a Deans might be a little insufficient, but for any typical 10th scale you will never know the difference. A good quality bullet, with quality solder joints, will flow more than enough to supply a very high power setup without restriction.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

THE AVERAGE PERSON WOULD NEVER NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DEANS CONNECTOR AND DIRECT SOLDERED . MAYBE IF YOU WERE A PRO RACER WHERE EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS. BUT YOU SHOULD SOLDER AND UNSOLDER EVERY TIME YOU RUN. NEVER LEAVE A BATTERY CONNECTED,EVEN WITH THE SWITCH OFF.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

okay thanks! i guess its either those or protek, except they are still even more expensive.