Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FlySky FS-GT3B radio >

FlySky FS-GT3B radio

FlySky FS-GT3B radio

Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default FlySky FS-GT3B radio

Any one running this 2.4 Digital radio with analog servos?? any glitching?

I like this radio, but would hate to have to change out ALL the servos in the trucks...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ansmitter.html
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

klaymon - there's 117 pages to that thread!
Care to take a guess what page the information is on?

Is there anyone out there that actually runs the FlySky FS-GT3B radio with
analog servos?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have. It works just fine.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadranger
klaymon - there's 117 pages to that thread!
Care to take a guess what page the information is on?

Is there anyone out there that actually runs the FlySky FS-GT3B radio with
analog servos?
All you do is post your question in that thread. You don't necessarily have to read the whole thing. Plus there is that little "Search Thread" link. Do I have to hold your hand?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you Racer X8000!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by klaymon
All you do is post your question in that thread. You don't necessarily have to read the whole thing. Plus there is that little "Search Thread" link. Do I have to hold your hand?

I did that and never got my question answered. It's gone off topic 27 times and it's about due to be closed.

I had the same question so Thanks double Racer X8000!

........another question I had is what charger people are using for the TX with NmH AA's. I hate trying to match the voltage plug and amp rating only to find a more reliable unit someone else uses.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

If wanted you could buy a battery tray ( like what's in the Gt3b) and put a deans connector on it, then charge it as a 8 cell nimh on your normal charger. If your charger has memory, just program it in, then you won't have to change it every time, just go to that saved setting.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

using the charge socket you're stuck with standard, dumb slow tx chargers. There is circuitry within the GT3b that prevents proper peak detecting chargers from working.

one person put a 2 pin receiver battery type plug on some short leads on the battery box inside the radio. Open the battery door, plug it into any multicharger like the accucel 6 types, set charging settings and away you go.

The best, although by far the most expensive way, is to get a Maha charger, preferably an 8 cell one. Then remove the batteries every time you charge. Maha C800-S will cost you about $75 but is the optimum charger for the cells. It peaks each cell individually so ensures the balance of the cells and means no cell will be overcharged - which can happen as cells do slightly go out of balance when in a pack.

I've got battery holders i use on the multicharger i use to charge my model's batteries just like Racer X8000 says.. does the job, its basically the same as putting a connector on the radio's battery tray. It isn't 100% ideal for the batteries - it will shorten their life somewhat compared to the maha.. but $75 buys a lot of ready to use (lsd) AA nimhs.

Last edited by skree; 09-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skree
using the charge socket you're stuck with standard, dumb slow tx chargers. There is circuitry within the GT3b that prevents proper peak detecting chargers from working.

one person put a 2 pin receiver battery type plug on some short leads on the battery box inside the radio. Open the battery door, plug it into any multicharger like the accucel 6 types, set charging settings and away you go.

The best, although by far the most expensive way, is to get a Maha charger, preferably an 8 cell one. Then remove the batteries every time you charge. Maha C800-S will cost you about $75 but is the optimum charger for the cells. It peaks each cell individually so ensures the balance of the cells and means no cell will be overcharged - which can happen as cells do slightly go out of balance when in a pack.

I've got battery holders i use on the multicharger i use to charge my model's batteries just like Racer X8000 says.. does the job, its basically the same as putting a connector on the radio's battery tray. It isn't 100% ideal for the batteries - it will shorten their life somewhat compared to the maha.. but $75 buys a lot of ready to use (lsd) AA nimhs.

...and Skree wins the most helpful post for me award !!

I got my FlySky from Hobbypartz and bought their NiMh AA's to get the free shipping. Would really love it if they sold the cheap trickle CHARGER to go with it!!!

Ya I have a brand new Duratrax/Onyx 210 Charger with the RX batt charger and don't know if it will do well with AA's but need the adapter for it anyways (I have no idea the plug size as I have not got my TX yet but have heard that it's the same size Futaba uses). I just don't want to have to mess around with taking the battery's out. I really don't care if it takes a while to charge the Tx as I usually don't go more than 2 hours a run and could put a timer on the charger and If I want to go longer I will just get more AA's

I found this but don't know if it will work with my 210 but I can go down to .8 Amps Will the Tx block it?
http://www.amazon.com/Tx-Charge-Adap.../dp/B0015H1ARO

Last edited by MR2NR; 09-12-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

your onyx is a peak detecting charger in NiMH mode so yes, the TX will block it.

There is a way of modifying the tx so it doesnt but its fine desoldering/bridging where a diode used to be... not for the faint hearted or inexperienced.

best way to use the onyx is like racerx said with a 8xAA battery holder plugged to a normal charge lead, or the plug mod to the radio's battery tray. The charge socket on the TX will not work with anything but the most basic, dumb, fixed rate chargers, unless you're prepared to open up the TX and do electronic mods
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skree
your onyx is a peak detecting charger in NiMH mode so yes, the TX will block it.

There is a way of modifying the tx so it doesnt but its fine desoldering/bridging where a diode used to be... not for the faint hearted or inexperienced.

best way to use the onyx is like racerx said with a 8xAA battery holder plugged to a normal charge lead, or the plug mod to the radio's battery tray. The charge socket on the TX will not work with anything but the most basic, dumb, fixed rate chargers, unless you're prepared to open up the TX and do electronic mods
Well I'd rather not use the Onyx has it's my primary charger anyways. Where's the cheapest place to find a trickle charger? I am scouring Amazon as I type .

This should work right?
http://www.amazon.com/FBC30B-9Z-Char...6K/ref=lh_di_t
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yes that will work.