Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE Charger help please! >

Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE Charger help please!

Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE Charger help please!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE Charger help please!

Ive been using the Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE Charger and its a great charger but a bit to complicated for me. A guy I used to race with a bit used to set it up for me but haven't seen him in awhile so I need to learn how to use it so heres my 2 questions

1. Is there a replacement for the plugs? I dont always want to charge off of a car battery but rather an outlet

2. I have a 6V IB1600MaH 5 Cell NiMH battery for my receiver pack and need to set up a charging set for it....can anyone point me towards the correct set up please?

THANKS!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You can't just plug the charger into the wall, it requires DC current, not AC. You'll need a power supply supplying 15amps, but can get by with most needs with a 12amp supply. I run mine with a 12a supply.

You really need a manual, especially if you don't understand how to select items or navigate around on the Ice. For rcvr batteries, you shouldn't charge these at more than 1amp - these small cells get too hot and charged at higher charge rates, you won't get much life from them. I charge mine at 0.5amps unless I'm in a hurry and then at 1amp. Use a sensitivity of 5mv/cell. Set the discharge current same as the charge current, set discharge volts as 0.9volts/cell. I don't use the temp probe, its not very accurate in measuring the internal cell temp from the outside, but if you do, set low at something like 115F.

Manual here - http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxp4170-manual.pdf