Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Are my servo gears stripped??? >

Are my servo gears stripped???

Are my servo gears stripped???

Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Are my servo gears stripped???

Hi, I have an Orion 1409 servo which i had for about 1/2 a year now. i noticed that my Kyosho FS2 steers to the right all the time now. i'm pretty sure my wheels are aligned and my radio steering is set right. the only thing i can think of is that my gears are stripped. any thoughts of what can be wrong? any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

hey mate.try taking off your servo horn off the servo (one screw at the front) and center it in the middle of the lock on the servo so your steering is straight without any adjustment on your transmitter.This is what mine did.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i tried that with no luck. same result. is that what they mean by "centering". any other ideas? when people say "my gears are stripped" do they actually mean there gears are actually stripped? i never took my servo apart but i know the Orion gears are made of titanium.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bomber9 View Post
i tried that with no luck. same result. is that what they mean by "centering". any other ideas? when people say "my gears are stripped" do they actually mean there gears are actually stripped? i never took my servo apart but i know the Orion gears are made of titanium.
make sure your radio is setup properly. EPA, trim, etc. if that doesn't work, leave the radio on and remove the servo horn and center it that way. if it still pulls to one side, take it apart and inspect the gears. if the gears look good and you're still having problems, it's time for a new servo

it sounds like you already knew all that, so why not try it?? in the time it took you to post and reply you could've had it figured out!!