Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I ran my XeRun XR10 Justock + G2.1 combo briefly with the A and C wires flipped (sensored mode). The engine behaved weirdly and I realised my mistake. After correct wiring, it seems to work, but is there a risk that I have destroyed something? The reason I'm asking is that when trying to connect to the ESC with the Bluetooth OTA programmer, I get the error message "Electrical modulation information verification failed!", when the motor is connected. If I disconnect the motor it works fine to connect. Also, is says in the manual that when starting the ESC the green LED should blink according to how many LIPO cells are connected. Mine does not, it goes straight to blinky mode.

What does this message even mean? I have tried googling but information regarding that message is seriously scarce.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2024, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a new purchased stock spec g2 with a newly installed HW stock cap the issue I have is that the initial start is soft. Iíve changed drive freq, th curve and still no improvement in using the lcd box with latest firmware. Does anyone know how to adjust punch on these escís I have the older gen models and put all the settings the same and no luck
Old 04-17-2024, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knightrider
I have a new purchased stock spec g2 with a newly installed HW stock cap the issue I have is that the initial start is soft. Iíve changed drive freq, th curve and still no improvement in using the lcd box with latest firmware. Does anyone know how to adjust punch on these escís I have the older gen models and put all the settings the same and no luck
Throttle rate control and initial throttle force are the two main settings you want.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Picked up a HW G3 XR8 and cannot get it to connect to the HW Wifi programmer. Any tips? IT keeps giving an error about Bluetooth which doesn't seem to connect either.

It works fine on the G2S and G2 Elite i have in other vehicles.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Picked up a HW G3 XR8 and cannot get it to connect to the HW Wifi programmer. Any tips? IT keeps giving an error about Bluetooth which doesn't seem to connect either.

It works fine on the G2S and G2 Elite i have in other vehicles.
If it's complaining about Bluetooth when you're trying to connect to WiFi, your app settings are wrong. You need to configure it to use WiFi.
Old 04-22-2024, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is there a connectivity issue between the Stock Spec G2's and the older multifunction lcd programming box (HW-BQ2013)?
Thanks

Last edited by BigRon; 04-22-2024 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Trying to program my ESC with my HW-BQ2013 program box and it says connecting and nothing happens. What is the latest SW I need to use. Trying to connect to a HW XR8 G3 Pro esc. Never had any issues with the program box on my other ESCs. Ideas?
Old 05-26-2024, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone ever had the escís power to the receiver go out? I have verified that the receiver still works on another esc and the esc in question still turns on and off but thereís no power going to the receiver. I borrowed from a friend, calibrated it had throttle and steering, went up for my race and turned the car on and nothing happened. I didnít plug in backwards and if I did Iíd think the receiver would be ruined. Any feedback would be appreciated as I am completely confused about what the root cause is and now I owe my friend a new esc 🤦🏽‍♂️
Old 05-26-2024, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems like the BEC on that ESC is gone.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 05-27-2024, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FSTLS1
Trying to program my ESC with my HW-BQ2013 program box and it says connecting and nothing happens. What is the latest SW I need to use. Trying to connect to a HW XR8 G3 Pro esc. Never had any issues with the program box on my other ESCs. Ideas?
I have the same problem with my program box ( HW-BQ2013 ) Works fine with Xerun 3.1 and 2.1 esc`s but says "Connecting esc" when I try to program Ezrun MAX8 G2, Quickrun 8BL150 G2 and Quickrun 10BL120 G2..I have the USB Link V5.0.6 on my PC and PB-4.0.09 on the program box.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Is anyone running a 17.5T G4R in a AE B7 buggy? I'm interested in what timing people are using.

I race on a fairly large, high grip track and am running 32/72 gearing and am getting reasonable performance out of 46 degrees of timing on the end bell. ESC is a HW G3 Justock, racing blinky.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was replacing the positive battery wire on my 2S Stock Spec speed control. As I was heating the solder cup it came completely loose. I put it back on with the solder iron and it seems to work. I checked resistance and it's the same as the negative lead. But every time I have to resolder that lead it comes completely loose again. Is there anything I can do to make it not come loose each time I put a solder iron on it?

Old 06-11-2024, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by glennhl
I was replacing the positive battery wire on my 2S Stock Spec speed control. As I was heating the solder cup it came completely loose. I put it back on with the solder iron and it seems to work. I checked resistance and it's the same as the negative lead. But every time I have to resolder that lead it comes completely loose again. Is there anything I can do to make it not come loose each time I put a solder iron on it?
You could look into using a higher temperature solder to reattach the cup back to the ESC (clean off as much old solder as you can first). Otherwise, not much you can do.
glennhl likes this.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing XR10 Pro esc issue

I have been running a Hobbywing XR10 Pro esc in a Team Associated b6.4 since September last year, racing yesterday and twice it has cut out after braking, both time it came back to life very shortly afterwards. Lost both throtyle and steering. I have checked the esc and motor temp from the last run which was when it happened the second time, temps were 65'C snd 63'C so I assume its not a temperature issue. I have also taken it apart a cleaned out a few specs of sand (hardly any in there but a few grains).

Has anybody else experience this issue and have a solution/things to try/check.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-27-2024, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is not strictly an off-road question; hopefully, someone here can help. I have purchased a new HW XR10 Stock Spec G2 ESC for my F1. It is hooked up to a Fantom Helix RS 21.5t motor with a 2.5 FDR. With this ESC, the motor occasionally goes backward briefly from a standstill before going forward again. I have set all the settings back to the recommended defaults, and it is still the same. The ESC does not complain about sensor issues (no blinking red/green LED). I tried another ESC (Tekin Gen3 RS), and it worked fine.

I have a couple of XR10 PRO G2S using the same motors and I have had any issues. It is a setting, HW or SW thing?

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.