HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-28-2022, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello,

I purchased a used B74.1d that has an XR10 Juststock esc. I'm running a spektrum dx5 pro. I calibrated the throttle. Throttle response is good but when I give full throttle from a stop it takes a half a second to "kick in" sort of speak, to top speed. While the car is moving there is no hesitation like that. Any thoughts?

And while I'm here, I don't see anywhere to plug in the programmer to adjust settings. Am i missing something? I have another xr10 that has a servo connector port to plug the programmer into.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fallguy44
Hello,

I purchased a used B74.1d that has an XR10 Juststock esc. I'm running a spektrum dx5 pro. I calibrated the throttle. Throttle response is good but when I give full throttle from a stop it takes a half a second to "kick in" sort of speak, to top speed. While the car is moving there is no hesitation like that. Any thoughts?

And while I'm here, I don't see anywhere to plug in the programmer to adjust settings. Am i missing something? I have another xr10 that has a servo connector port to plug the programmer into.
For ESC without a servo connector port on it, you just unplug the wire to rx and plug it in the programming card. There you go.
Fallguy44 likes this.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by panioul
I believe that you are totally right although they send me again another email stating that:

"Dear Sir,

At present, the support of some PLATINUM escs have been completed first, and some XERUN escs will also be supported by updating the firmware later.
Best Regards!

2022-03-28
--------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support of Hobbywing
Hobbywing Technology Co., LTD.
(ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certificated) "
I composed a mail to tech support in Chinese website. I got the same response.
Perhaps more requests to them would speed up their pace?
panioul likes this.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Fallguy your hesitation sounds like a problem in the sensor. There are three possible problem locations the sensor cable, sensors in the motor and ESC.
The sensor cable is the easiest to check, replace the sensor cable with another cable. This is one of the more common failures ensure the replacement cable is fully attached at both ends I've seen cables that look attached but are only partially connected.
If the cable is good the next thing to check is the sensors in the motor, hook up another motor and check to see if the hesitation is still there or hook the suspect motor to a different good esc and see if the problem moved. If the problem moved the motor sensors are bad if the motor is good than your esc has a problem in the sensor circuits. If you replaced the motor and the problem still persists this also indicates a bad esc.
sosidge likes this.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Just checked out Futaba website. Since the telemetry adapter for Futaba has been integrated to HW Platinum series, I checked Futaba's rx for airplane. From the firmware update history of the flagship 16SZ, we could see the telemetry voice to HW ESC is fixed in v4 firmware. Therefore I guess this function requires both HW and Futaba to update firmwares of their products. Well, that could be time consuming in this flow.
panioul likes this.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

XR10 stock spec light won't turn solid green after calibrating esc. I checked end points on the radio, calibrated it (M17) and tried reprogramming it several times. The light does turn solid green on full brakes.

Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2022, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sweems
Fallguy your hesitation sounds like a problem in the sensor. There are three possible problem locations the sensor cable, sensors in the motor and ESC.
The sensor cable is the easiest to check, replace the sensor cable with another cable. This is one of the more common failures ensure the replacement cable is fully attached at both ends I've seen cables that look attached but are only partially connected.
If the cable is good the next thing to check is the sensors in the motor, hook up another motor and check to see if the hesitation is still there or hook the suspect motor to a different good esc and see if the problem moved. If the problem moved the motor sensors are bad if the motor is good than your esc has a problem in the sensor circuits. If you replaced the motor and the problem still persists this also indicates a bad esc.
Thank you!
Old 04-01-2022, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm just getting back into Offroad racing and have a question regarding the EBuggy class. I recently bought a HB buggy that came set up with a Hobbywing Xerun XR8 SCT speedo. Will this speed control be competitive in racing, and what would be the advantages of getting the Pro 1/8th Speed Control? I run 4S on fairly big track and also plan on running on a smaller indoor track as well with a 1900 KV motor. Thanks
Old 04-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi all,

I am looking for your opinions on a Xerun XR8 Pro + G3 1900kV motor combo I recently purchased from AMain. There were a few details that had me scratching my head a bit, but I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill. What would you do about the following:
  1. The sealed esc and motor boxes were packed in a separate larger, black Hobbywing-labelled box. The individual boxes were sealed; however, the larger, black box was not sealed. I've never purchased a HW combo before, but is it typical for the "combo" box to be unsealed? It gives me the feeling that I received previously used product, but the individual boxes were sealed.
  2. The esc and motor boxes did not come with the usual accoutrements: decals, double-sided tape, zip ties, etc. The motor came w/two sensor wires, and the esc came w/heat shrink. I've only purchased the 1/10th scale product previously, but this struck me as odd. What did you find included in your XR8 box?
  3. The esc had a post that was soldered on slightly askew (hard to tell from the photo, but it's about 20-25 degrees):
Individually, I would consider these all to be minor issues. I have not reached out to HW or AMain yet. In short, my question is would you consider these to be issues worthy of pursuing?

Thanks for your time.

- Matt

Last edited by bentouttashape; 04-04-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Just raced my 1/10 buggy in a dirt track with Xe10pro G2s and V10G3 motor. Suddenly found the motor temperture from programming card is 0C/32F. Does anyone know what's the possible cause? I suspect it's the cause to stop my motor from running.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,
I bought a couple of Quicrun 10BLS 120A ESC's for 1/10 2wd buggy and Shortcourse on a loose, low traction dirt track. I have the punch turned to 1 of 9 but it still seem super aggressive!
I reversed throttle, have all EPAs and XP's etc set as they should be and have also tried many different motors and sensor wires. Both ESCs seem exactly the same....
Maybe I'm missing another setup parameter that may affect the punch?
Could anyone share the ESC setup they would use for the lowest traction conditions?
Thanks!
Old 05-11-2022, 01:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone care to share some ESC setups for their XR8 Pro's. Just baseline, nothing crazy, running it in an HB E819, 1900kv G3 on a 15T pin.

Yes I've attempted to search but the search on this site seems to be non functional for the past few weeks and the HW Direct site doesn't have anything.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Anyone care to share some ESC setups for their XR8 Pro's. Just baseline, nothing crazy, running it in an HB E819, 1900kv G3 on a 15T pin.

Yes I've attempted to search but the search on this site seems to be non functional for the past few weeks and the HW Direct site doesn't have anything.

1900KV, XB8E, 17 TOOTH.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To add to what was posted above. If you make small adjustments to the throttle rate control you can really adjust you throttle smoothness. Lower number is smoother or softer reaction. As the track dries out or traction goes down bumping that number down a couple can make the biggest difference in drive ability from my experience. I find it much easier to adjust throttle rate than chasing setup changes or tires.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
To add to what was posted above. If you make small adjustments to the throttle rate control you can really adjust you throttle smoothness. Lower number is smoother or softer reaction. As the track dries out or traction goes down bumping that number down a couple can make the biggest difference in drive ability from my experience. I find it much easier to adjust throttle rate than chasing setup changes or tires.
That's exactly why I asked lol

I'm coming back to racing from an almost 10 year hiatus. I'd rather have a jump on the ESC crap and chase my setup then chase my electronic tail for days before I can even make it around the track again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.