HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-09-2022, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverbullet555
What's the programming capability of the XR8 SCT vs the XR10 Pro G2?

I have an Xr8 SCT and am considering putting it into a 1/10th truggy with a 3652 4300 or 5100 motor. The up side is the price point is really good and I already own the ESC. Heat would likely be a non issue.

The downside is weight and size. Also, will need to reduce the punch through the ESC to make it more driveable.

Does the XR8 have the same programming parameters as the XR10 pro G2? Is it possible to effectively mellow the motor out in the programming to take some of the perceived torque out?
No. I am not an expert. But to Program sct esc I needed to use the oldest software on my lcd to program. You could use you radio to soften power. Good luck. Here is good info on softening feature. https://youtu.be/Hn0xZjzQzUg
Old 03-09-2022, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasburrito
No. I am not an expert. But to Program sct esc I needed to use the oldest software on my lcd to program. You could use you radio to soften power. Good luck. Here is good info on softening feature. https://youtu.be/Hn0xZjzQzUg
HMmm. I have the wifi module. Wonder how that would work with it.

Old 03-12-2022, 03:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi don't know if I am in the right place!! I have an Xerun pro stock 1s set to blinky in the uk. It has the latest software up date, however the LED does not blink. The prog box shows it is set to no timing.
Any ideas?
Old 03-12-2022, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobj88
Hi don't know if I am in the right place!! I have an Xerun pro stock 1s set to blinky in the uk. It has the latest software up date, however the LED does not blink. The prog box shows it is set to no timing.
Any ideas?
Make sure you calibrate your transmitter to the esc after disconnecting the program box.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The button of my xr8 pro ESC disappeared after it came out of the car when racing. Is there a way to replace the button only as the switch still works using a wrench to push it. Any help would be great.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the XR10 Justock and the Programmer port on mine does not work. I plugged in the OTA adapter in and powered on and the light on the programmer port does not come on. I also tried the LED programmer and that does not work either. Do I have a bad ESC?
Old 03-25-2022, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody having experience with Hobbywing's telemetrie adapter and linking it with Futaba 4PM? I bought it to use it with a XeRun XR8 Pro G2 ESC but I had no luck yet...
Old 03-25-2022, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panioul
Anybody having experience with Hobbywing's telemetrie adapter and linking it with Futaba 4PM? I bought it to use it with a XeRun XR8 Pro G2 ESC but I had no luck yet...
The OTA? That's not how it works. You send the data to your phone.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bsthetech
The OTA? That's not how it works. You send the data to your phone.
No not the OTA. There is a new product from Hobbywing, called "S.BUS2 Telemetry adapter for Futaba" (I cannot paste the link due to forum regulations) that it is supposed to transfer telemetry data to Futaba radios.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

And although that it is mentioned at their site that it is supported from some XeRun ESC for car use, and of course these specifications are copied at many many online stores that they are selling this product, the answer just a few minutes ago from Hobbywing's Tech Support is the following!!!!

Dear Sir,

At present, the XERUN escs have not been supported.
Best Regards!

2022-03-26
--------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support of Hobbywing
Hobbywing Technology Co., LTD.
(ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certificated)
Old 03-27-2022, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by panioul
And although that it is mentioned at their site that it is supported from some XeRun ESC for car use, and of course these specifications are copied at many many online stores that they are selling this product, the answer just a few minutes ago from Hobbywing's Tech Support is the following!!!!

Dear Sir,

At present, the XERUN escs have not been supported.
Best Regards!

2022-03-26
(ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certificated)
Too bad. I noticed this item in USB link software. It wasn't listed in the Chinese official website.
I was kind of wanting this badly. The voltage telemetry accessory is connected to my G2S. I love it so much.
This accessry is even better to trasnfer all necessary information from ESC. Cool.
Hope the support of Xerun G2S is available soon.
panioul likes this.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stranger0429
Too bad. I noticed this item in USB link software. It wasn't listed in the Chinese official website.
I was kind of wanting this badly. The voltage telemetry accessory is connected to my G2S. I love it so much.
This accessry is even better to trasnfer all necessary information from ESC. Cool.
Hope the support of Xerun G2S is available soon.
Don't expect them to add support to existing ESCs. I've never seen them release a firmware update for added features like that, even when they explicitly claim they will. I got burned with the XR10 G2, they claimed at release they'd release a firmware that'll allow live telemetry which is why I bought it. Then they changed their minds and released the G2S instead with the feature.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I didn't know the story. G2S has been just released. It should take at least another year to update the product line. Which means we won't have this live telemetry supports to car ESC within one year if HW does as usual. I do hope this is an exception this time.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Don't expect them to add support to existing ESCs. I've never seen them release a firmware update for added features like that, even when they explicitly claim they will. I got burned with the XR10 G2, they claimed at release they'd release a firmware that'll allow live telemetry which is why I bought it. Then they changed their minds and released the G2S instead with the feature.
I believe that you are totally right although they send me again another email stating that:

"Dear Sir,

At present, the support of some PLATINUM escs have been completed first, and some XERUN escs will also be supported by updating the firmware later.
Best Regards!

2022-03-28
(ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certificated) "
Old 03-28-2022, 01:33 PM
Tech Rookie

And of course the second email was after I replied them that as soon as they are stating that some XeRun ESCs are supported then they should be otherwise they are misleading and fooling their customers...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.