Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-12-2021, 06:24 AM
  #13441  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,943
Default

Update: Received my LCD Programmer G2 today and this one works without problems. This programmer has blue letters on the box instead of white markings like the older boxes. Never seen this before, but it makes it easy to spot the G2 programmers.
morgoth is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 10:27 AM
  #13442  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 81
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth
Update: Received my LCD Programmer G2 today and this one works without problems. This programmer has blue letters on the box instead of white markings like the older boxes. Never seen this before, but it makes it easy to spot the G2 programmers.
Nice that you got It working in the end. I have the bluetooth adaptor. Also works great.
Jurassic579 is offline  
Old 04-15-2021, 04:19 AM
  #13443  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,943
Default

Originally Posted by Jurassic579
Nice that you got It working in the end. I have the bluetooth adaptor. Also works great.
Yes, indeed. The manual also said only the G2 LCD box and OTA module are compatible, but website just mentions the G2 is faster than the G1. It doesn't say the G1 is not compatible at all.
I wish this was a bit more clear so I could have ordered everything at the same time. Anyway, I'm happy I can program the ESC now.

I've also checked if there was an update for the ESC, but it was already on the most recent version.
morgoth is offline  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:40 AM
  #13444  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth
Yes, indeed. The manual also said only the G2 LCD box and OTA module are compatible, but website just mentions the G2 is faster than the G1. It doesn't say the G1 is not compatible at all.
I wish this was a bit more clear so I could have ordered everything at the same time. Anyway, I'm happy I can program the ESC now.

I've also checked if there was an update for the ESC, but it was already on the most recent version.
Where does it talk about the G1 and G2 versions of the program box? I can't find any reference to that.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 AM
  #13445  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,943
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Where does it talk about the G1 and G2 versions of the program box? I can't find any reference to that.
Only in the manual. Which is found out after receiving the ESC.
After section 6. 5. Programming it says the following: Note: Only Multifunction LCD Program Box (G2) can work with this ESC!
And also in section 8: Troubleshooting is says only the G2 box is compatible.

You can view the online manual here. Just do a search for "programming box" and you'll see a few results that mention only the OTA module and G2 programming box is compatible: http://www.hobbywing.com/products/en...XR8ProG2en.pdf
morgoth is offline  
Old 04-16-2021, 12:47 AM
  #13446  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth
Only in the manual. Which is found out after receiving the ESC.
After section 6. 5. Programming it says the following: Note: Only Multifunction LCD Program Box (G2) can work with this ESC!
And also in section 8: Troubleshooting is says only the G2 box is compatible.

You can view the online manual here. Just do a search for "programming box" and you'll see a few results that mention only the OTA module and G2 programming box is compatible: http://www.hobbywing.com/products/en...XR8ProG2en.pdf
Odd, they don't call any of their LCD programming boxes "G2". They have an old one which they call "2-in-1" and a new one which they call "multifunction".

PB-4.0.6 is a firmware version that's only compatible with the multifunction program box. There shouldn't be any difference between the one you already had and the new one you bought. Are there any visual differences, and what's the part number on them? And when you plug them into the HobbyWing USB Link software, what hardware versions do they each show up as?
gigaplex is offline  
Old 04-16-2021, 05:53 AM
  #13447  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,943
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Odd, they don't call any of their LCD programming boxes "G2". They have an old one which they call "2-in-1" and a new one which they call "multifunction".

PB-4.0.6 is a firmware version that's only compatible with the multifunction program box. There shouldn't be any difference between the one you already had and the new one you bought. Are there any visual differences, and what's the part number on them? And when you plug them into the HobbyWing USB Link software, what hardware versions do they each show up as?
That were my thoughts also. But they seem to have done a silent release of the G2 LCD box. After search for a long time, I found it and ordered it at EuroRC.
The partnumber is HW30502001. The older 2in1 LCD box has a different partnumber.
The new box has blue letters on it and a USB-C port. The firmware version on this box is PB-1.0.12. So it seems the G2 are using a different version of firmware which starts are V1 again.
This is where I bought mine and you can see the blue markings: https://www.eurorc.com/product/30041...program-box-v2

I'll connect them again this weekend to USB Link and make note of the hardware versions. But I'm pretty sure it's different.
Hobbywing also stated on the XR8 Pro page that the G2 box is faster than the G1 box. Which is why I initially thought that the version didn't matter, but that I could only be a little slow worst case. But I was wrong supposing that.
morgoth is offline  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:51 PM
  #13448  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 11
Default

Does the latest max5 come with the temp sensor port for the motor?
ReeV0 is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 10:04 AM
  #13449  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 49
Default

anyone tried new 2000kv motor in buggy? one with holes and initially recommended for onroad use. thanks
dabear is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 06:11 PM
  #13450  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,509
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dabear
anyone tried new 2000kv motor in buggy? one with holes and initially recommended for onroad use. thanks
No, unless you are looking to waste money! Put a closed buggy motor in your offroad buggy or truggy, it will last longer!!!
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 06:14 PM
  #13451  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,509
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ReeV0
Does the latest max5 come with the temp sensor port for the motor?
It reads another sensor in the HW motor... i.e. when run as a combo, HW ESC + HW Motor (with temp sensor)

Its all right here: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...18438417743987
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 06:21 PM
  #13452  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,509
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

So as the XR8 Pro is kinda having issues (for me the drivability and settings dont seem as good as the Plus), has anyone switched ESCs and run the HW new Gen 3 1:8 motor, while advancing motor timing? I want to know if your motor seems to fall flat at greater timing than with the XR8 pro? At this point I am about to just run the XR8plus again with last gen 1:8 motors.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 03:23 AM
  #13453  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (32)
 
bk2racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kalgoorlie
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Good evening,

Just wanting to confirm the new xr8 pro g2 speed control will work be fine with 4s lihv batteries.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
bk2racer is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 05:20 AM
  #13454  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,509
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Yes it will.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 08:23 AM
  #13455  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
TheBeave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey off-road peeps! Anyone know the preferred amp draw for the G3R 25.5? Looking to keep my new motor happy. Not sure there's anywhere else on here to get good hobbywing support 👍
TheBeave is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.