Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-23-2020, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by d9h
I've got an older 120A X-Car esc that I'd like to program. I don't have a program card, but I do have the USB Adaptor. Problem is that when I download the software from Hobbywing it doesn't let me do anything. It's like it doesn't recognize that I have my esc connected. Any ideas on what to do to get this to work?
Thanks,
David
Hi David,
I think I have your answer. Short answer: you need to run an older version of the HW Link software. The newest old version of old HW LINK software I could run was V4.0.4. Other wise the link software will not recognize the X-CAR ESC.

I used the v1.08 version for the "LCD programming box" even though I am ACTUALLY using the HK USB link
Also good idea to make sure that you computer is recognizing the usb link via the control panel.

BE ADVISED.. when starting up your HW LINK software you will be prompted to upgrade to a newer version of the link software. (currently v4.0.8) Do not do this if you want your X-car 120/60a esc to recognized by the software. Simply close out these pop up windows using the x in the upper right corner of each. as stated earlier the newer version will not recognize the X-car ESCs- 60 and 120 amp versions

So with the v4.0.4 firmware downloaded, I am able to make setting changes to my ESCs via the software and the HK USB progamming adapter these are:
X-CAR 120A
X-CAR 60A
HW justock
Obviously, I am also able to make changes to ESCs with the HW LED program card as well. This is Nice because the HK X-CAR escs do not come or have a program card. only the USB adapter.
The only ESC i have that i can't make changes to is the Quicrun HW 10BL120 I can see the settings in the software but can't make or send any changes using the software,. Only the LED programming card. An email to HW tech support confirms the 10BL120 is not supported by the software.
So there you go. Hope that helps folks who are running both HK and HW systems..

Last edited by dnsducks; 06-24-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hobbywing,

I had a question regarding a switch on my XR8 SCT ESC. I recently have had problems with my switch turning on the ESC. I have to keep pressing it over and over for about two dozen times, trying different angles of pushing the button before I can get it to turn on. This is indicating to me that there is an issue with the switch either getting worn out, or something has become broke in the switch itself. When it finally turns on, no issues with the ESC’s performance. So, just a switch issue. My question is, is it possible to just replace the switch? It appears that it is hardwired into the internals of the ESC, and it is not plugged or unplugged on the exterior of the body of the ESC. Can I replace the switch somehow? I would rather not have to purchase a hole new ESC just yet, when it’s only a $20 switch I can replace. I just need to know if that’s possible. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Chad
Old 06-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Got a weird issue.

A couple days ago I picked up the justock 17.5 combo, got everything wired up and calibrated and for some reason I'm getting a delay before full throttle. Went through the thread checked similar issues and did the same troubleshooting and it's still there.

The weird part is when I load the 17k5 firmware the delay is gone but it is noticeably slower, tires won't balloon. Switch back to the 20k firmware and its faster but the delay is there. Esc and radio recalibrated each time.

Any known fix for this?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

So with the v4.0.4 firmware downloaded, I am able to make setting changes to my ESCs via the software and the HK USB progamming adapter these are:
X-CAR 120A
X-CAR 60A
HW justock
Obviously, I am also able to make changes to ESCs with the HW LED program card as well. This is Nice because the HK X-CAR escs do not come or have a program card. only the USB adapter.
The only ESC i have that i can't make changes to is the Quicrun HW 10BL120 I can see the settings in the software but can't make or send any changes using the software,. Only the LED programming card. An email to HW tech support confirms the 10BL120 is not supported by the software.
So there you go. Hope that helps folks who are running both HK and HW systems..
Old 06-25-2020, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe
Can the xr10 pro stock handle a 13.5t with boost and turbo?
Yes it can.
Originally Posted by xlrsd
Hobbywing,

I had a question regarding a switch on my XR8 SCT ESC. I recently have had problems with my switch turning on the ESC. I have to keep pressing it over and over for about two dozen times, trying different angles of pushing the button before I can get it to turn on. This is indicating to me that there is an issue with the switch either getting worn out, or something has become broke in the switch itself. When it finally turns on, no issues with the ESC’s performance. So, just a switch issue. My question is, is it possible to just replace the switch? It appears that it is hardwired into the internals of the ESC, and it is not plugged or unplugged on the exterior of the body of the ESC. Can I replace the switch somehow? I would rather not have to purchase a hole new ESC just yet, when it’s only a $20 switch I can replace. I just need to know if that’s possible. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Chad
I would recomend you send it in to get it done properly. But if you're confident you could cut the old switch off and butt join the new switch to the old wires and use some shrink wrap on each.
Hang_TiMe likes this.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Yes it can.

I would recomend you send it in to get it done properly. But if you're confident you could cut the old switch off and butt join the new switch to the old wires and use some shrink wrap on each.
awesome, thanks slot. I was leaning towards the joining a new switch to the old wires. Appreciate the reply.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobbywing XR8 PLUS

Ok I'm not to sure what to do about this situation that I'm in I can't really find anything about it. My XR8 plus the on/off switch wire that go inside the housing of the ESC the wires were cut in half & the wires to the receiver were also cut & when you move the wires around the ESC will turn on & off by its self. So I open up the ESC to take a look to see if I could solder the wires & I think I can do the on/off switch wires but the reciever wires I need to figure out how to open up the 2 boards inside the ESC that are sandwich together to fix it and thats were im at right now. What do you think I should do about this situation im in? Thanks
Old 06-29-2020, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes it can.
Thank you
Old 06-29-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by suggsy
Ok I'm not to sure what to do about this situation that I'm in I can't really find anything about it. My XR8 plus the on/off switch wire that go inside the housing of the ESC the wires were cut in half & the wires to the receiver were also cut & when you move the wires around the ESC will turn on & off by its self. So I open up the ESC to take a look to see if I could solder the wires & I think I can do the on/off switch wires but the reciever wires I need to figure out how to open up the 2 boards inside the ESC that are sandwich together to fix it and thats were im at right now. What do you think I should do about this situation im in? Thanks
You should have sent it in for both. I don't know if they would warrenty now but you could try to send it in.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

How do i get more brake out of my xr10 pro stock?
Im at max on the setting and i cant even lock the wheels up.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racene1
How do i get more brake out of my xr10 pro stock?
Im at max on the setting and i cant even lock the wheels up.
Alot of times its the motor not having enough magnet strength. What motor are you running, because I've seen guys flop their cars over under braking.
. Look to make sure your radio travel is all the way up, even if it goes to 150 turn it all the way up and recalibrate to the speedo.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alot of times its the motor not having enough magnet strength. What motor are you running, because I've seen guys flop their cars over under braking.
. Look to make sure your radio travel is all the way up, even if it goes to 150 turn it all the way up and recalibrate to the speedo.
Definitely true on the magnet strength and every motor type and rotor combination has different brake strength effects. However if his esc was calibrated at 100 epa on his radio and he then recalibrated at 150 this will make zero improvement. One complaint I had with my G2 was even with the brake strength turned up to 100 and 1k brake frequency and brake rate at 30 I could not get strong enough brakes on very high bite,it is a drawback to the HW esc’s
Stevie S likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yeah I hear ya. Im using the Revtech Trinity blue end cap. Should be good that things is beast!
is there a setting that people use that will get more out of it?
Old 07-04-2020, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default XR10 Pro 1S Calibration Issue - RX491

Hi All,
I am moving from a Sanwa MT44 transmitter to an M17. I have upgraded the M17 to latest firmware.
I have installed the RX491 receiver in my car and the steering worked, but the motor didn't - so i attempted to re-calibrate the ESC
I cannot for the life of me get the ESC to calibrate properly but i know it works as i have raced many times with my MT44
I press and hold the power switch and when it beeps i let go. I leave the transmitter in neutral and press the button again but the light goes out and i can only turn off the ESC by pulling a wire to the battery. its as if it isnt receiving the neutral signal
I have the transmitter working fine with an SMD receiver using VRC software on my PC (and a different model profile!) so know that it works fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default New gen xr8 esc?

The xr8 plus and xr8 sct are getting old. Are there any news on new gen xr8 esc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.