HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree180Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
If smoke came out, you're not going to be able to fix it by flashing firmware.
Someone at the track told me the its the caps that go first and if i was quick enough? Im leaning more towards its roasted tho. Im worried to hook my programmer up in case it fries it too, was wondering if any others have had success in bringing one back. I do see a single resistor that doesnt look happy on cap pack, but doesnt seem damaged enough to account for the amount of smoke.

Oh well, lesson learned i spose. Glad it wasnt my spendy esc.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IS XERUN XR8 plus waterproof or not? Website says it is but my buggy got somewhat muddy yesterday so I had to wash it off. Afterwards it didn't work. I got the four green flashes and then constant red flashing. I checked and rebound the RX with an external battery. I put a voltmeter on the BEC output and didn't see the correct voltage. Then I started to hear some weird high pitched noises, the voltage came up and it started to work again. Seems like the water did mess it up. It was externally dry when I did this testing.

Last edited by rhodesengr; 06-15-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losiracer12 View Post
we have had a few G2ís at my local track have the BEC go bad and do weird things
send it back under warranty....itís still new enough
Old 06-18-2020, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
send it back under warranty....itís still new enough
I have already moved on and found another brand of escís to be faster,my G2ís are now gone. I am waiting to see how the HW customer service takes care of the ones that recently went bad at my track,one was on his 3rd run with it and the BEC failed
Old 06-19-2020, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mirkinator View Post
Someone at the track told me the its the caps that go first and if i was quick enough? Im leaning more towards its roasted tho. Im worried to hook my programmer up in case it fries it too, was wondering if any others have had success in bringing one back. I do see a single resistor that doesnt look happy on cap pack, but doesnt seem damaged enough to account for the amount of smoke.

Oh well, lesson learned i spose. Glad it wasnt my spendy esc.
The capacitors and the FETs are what normally blows. It's unlikely it'll kill your programmer card, but if a FET is damaged, no amount of resetting the firmware will help.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The capacitors and the FETs are what normally blows. It's unlikely it'll kill your programmer card, but if a FET is damaged, no amount of resetting the firmware will help.
I decided to pull it apart for fun to see if I could spot any damage. Not seeing a whole lot but maybe those bottom two right toshiba mosfets do appear to have some solder melted? Link to original full size.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Solder is melted and shorted out the FETs in the above pic WOW! I wonder if inferior solder is the culprit for so many XR10pro G2 going bad? Curious to see if HW says user error on your warranty claim,it is one of their most common replies
Old 06-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Not sure if anyone can help, but I am trying to connect my QUICRUN120A esc to the HW link software. I am using the HOBBYKING USB link. Not sure if that is the issue, but it doesn't seem to want to download any updates. here is the messages I am getting.

I have been using this exact same setup to update my HOBBYKING X-Car 120a and 60a ESCs and its been working fine. thought i could do the same with the HW quickrun..maybe not? Am I going to have to buy HW LCD program box in order to communicate HW software to quicrun ESC?
Thanks to anyone who can help

Last edited by dnsducks; 06-19-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all.

I'm a proud owner of a tekno eb48 kitted out with an xr8 plus and 4268 1900kv combo kit with an sanwa mt-s tx and 482 rx, finally a KingMax BLS01S servo.
​​​​​​
I have many questions! But I'll start with a setup one first....

Do I set the throttle and steering channel response mode to SHR or NOR? I presume I do for the servo as its a digital servo, but not sure about the ESC, nor what it will actually do.

Thanks for any help in advance. Plenty more questions to come!

​​

Old 06-20-2020, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
Hi Fellas Need your help it's been in 3 years in RC but this is my first time happened can't figure out what it cause for. This is the issue I installed HW XR10 Pro G2 in my 22X-4 pair with x-factor 13.5 certified and MKS X6 599SL Low Profile Servo and yesterday i was practicing in my local track and suddenly when in power it's lost the power of servo when it turns to LEFT and RIGHT i thought servo problem then i replaced servo and still same problem theres a seconds or minute lost control try to calibrate radio same issue also the light of ESC it's blinking yellow light not RED when in neutral position then full throtle is green light. Need suggestion before buy new ESC. FYI, my HW Pro G2 is like new less than 3 months.
I think your having a reciever issue not a speed control problem.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnsducks View Post
Not sure if anyone can help, but I am trying to connect my QUICRUN120A esc to the HW link software. I am using the HOBBYKING USB link. Not sure if that is the issue, but it doesn't seem to want to download any updates. here is the messages I am getting.

I have been using this exact same setup to update my HOBBYKING X-Car 120a and 60a ESCs and its been working fine. thought i could do the same with the HW quickrun..maybe not? Am I going to have to buy HW LCD program box in order to communicate HW software to quicrun ESC?
Thanks to anyone who can help
Whens the last time you updated the program on the pc? Try that first
Old 06-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Can the xr10 pro stock handle a 13.5t with boost and turbo?
Old 06-22-2020, 09:16 PM
d9h
Tech Rookie

I've got an older 120A X-Car esc that I'd like to program. I don't have a program card, but I do have the USB Adaptor. Problem is that when I download the software from Hobbywing it doesn't let me do anything. It's like it doesn't recognize that I have my esc connected. Any ideas on what to do to get this to work?
Thanks,
David
Old 06-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Bad switch on XR8 SCT

Hobbywing,

I had a question regarding a switch on my XR8 SCT ESC. I recently have had problems with my switch turning on the ESC. I have to keep pressing it over and over for about two dozen times, trying different angles of pushing the button before I can get it to turn on. This is indicating to me that there is an issue with the switch either getting worn out, or something has become broke in the switch itself. When it finally turns on, no issues with the ESCís performance. So, just a switch issue. My question is, is it possible to just replace the switch? It appears that it is hardwired into the internals of the ESC, and it is not plugged or unplugged on the exterior of the body of the ESC. Can I replace the switch somehow? I would rather not have to purchase a hole new ESC just yet, when itís only a $20 switch I can replace. I just need to know if thatís possible. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Chad
Old 06-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
Whens the last time you updated the program on the pc? Try that first
Nevermind.. I figured it out. I just ignored this message. I was able to view and make changes to the ESC using the HW link software after just closing out this message. Seems to be working.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.