Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree180Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I managed to get it to connect. I have to physically set my phone on the receiver box to get it to connect and if I move my phone more than 6 feet from the truck it will disconnect. The antenna wire isn't broken at all.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fierogt View Post
I managed to get it to connect. I have to physically set my phone on the receiver box to get it to connect and if I move my phone more than 6 feet from the truck it will disconnect. The antenna wire isn't broken at all.
6 feet is probably all you can expect. A carbon fiber or metal phone case will reduce the range as well.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bsthetech View Post
6 feet is probably all you can expect. A carbon fiber or metal phone case will reduce the range as well.
Mine works from up on the drivers stand. Something doesn't sound right there.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

My phone does have a thin case on it and the WiFi module is inside the traxxas receiver box but it says on hobbywings website the range is 0-32ft. That's quite a wide range, honestly I was expecting a lot more, I don't think it works quite right and 32ft is really not that far of a range if you are trying to log data.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Where do people route the Ariel wire when they mount the wifi express unit in their car permanently? I fancy doing this, a mate at the track yesterday has his on top of his steering servo and said it was extra weight over the front end to aid steering haha
Old 01-13-2020, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by robs101 View Post
Where do people route the Ariel wire when they mount the wifi express unit in their car permanently? I fancy doing this, a mate at the track yesterday has his on top of his steering servo and said it was extra weight over the front end to aid steering haha
I kept everything inside my receiver box because I wanted to keep everything waterproof. I'm sure it limits my range some though. Lol I can't imagine it making any difference at all in steering since it weighs 11.3 grams.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fierogt View Post
I kept everything inside my receiver box because I wanted to keep everything waterproof. I'm sure it limits my range some though. Lol I can't imagine it making any difference at all in steering since it weighs 11.3 grams.
11g is definitely enough to add steering in a 10th scale car
Old 01-15-2020, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Which HW ESC is best for spec racing not considering cost?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RacerScott View Post
Which HW ESC is best for spec racing not considering cost?
Xr10 pro 80amp
Old 01-18-2020, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Curious when I connect my multifunction box with my PC and the latest hobbywing link software I see an available firmware version of PB-4.0.01 is available. It doesn't work and I have to revert to what I thought was the latest at PB-3.2.35. What PB is the 4.0.01 firmware for?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Need some advice. I have a MST RMX RWD drift RC. It came with 50 amp brusheless (SL) with 2500 4pole KV motor. Im looking to get an XR pro G2, but most the combos come with 2 pole motors. To that end, I know 4pole is smoother. And thats whats in my car today. But will going to a 2 pole be a downgrade? The combo is 300 bucks, so I dont want to buy it and regret not getting 4 poles. No clue if it will overheat or cause issues going from 4 pole to 2 pole?

Can anyone offer advice? Im basically trying to get a SENSORED brushless 13.5 turn combo WITH boost and turbo settings.

I saw hobbywing offered one combo with a XR PRO STOCK SPEC and 4 pole 13.5 motor. But its my understanding that hobbywing REMOVED the boost and turbo settings on the PRO STOCK SPEC. Is that true? If its NOT true, then I will get the PRO STOCK SPEC with the 4 pole motor combo.

Or am I over thinking the poles? And just get the XR PRO G2 with a 13.5T 2 pole V10 motor?
Old 01-21-2020, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Need some advice. I have a MST RMX RWD drift RC. It came with 50 amp brusheless (SL) with 2500 4pole KV motor. Im looking to get an XR pro G2, but most the combos come with 2 pole motors. To that end, I know 4pole is smoother. And thats whats in my car today. But will going to a 2 pole be a downgrade? The combo is 300 bucks, so I dont want to buy it and regret not getting 4 poles. No clue if it will overheat or cause issues going from 4 pole to 2 pole?

Can anyone offer advice? Im basically trying to get a SENSORED brushless 13.5 turn combo WITH boost and turbo settings.

I saw hobbywing offered one combo with a XR PRO STOCK SPEC and 4 pole 13.5 motor. But its my understanding that hobbywing REMOVED the boost and turbo settings on the PRO STOCK SPEC. Is that true? If its NOT true, then I will get the PRO STOCK SPEC with the 4 pole motor combo.

Or am I over thinking the poles? And just get the XR PRO G2 with a 13.5T 2 pole V10 motor?
XR10 Pro Stock Spec still has boost/turbo.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
XR10 Pro Stock Spec still has boost/turbo.

Thank you!!! I ended up with a Pro stock spec 2-3S with the V10 G3R 4pole 13.5T. Lands today! Cant wait to check out boost/turbo! Going to make mine have some honda like VTEC kicking in! LOL.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope someone can help me out. i have a hobbywing just stock 17.5 combo in a 2wd buggy. Last week in practice I ran about 6-7 minutes, everything was good and all of a sudden the car went to a complete crawl. We think the esc when into thermal protection and dont know why. Its geared right around the recommended gear ratio and nothing felt hot. I used the wifi to remove the thermal protection and eventually got the car to run quick again. in the last of the three heats, 7 laps into the heat, the car went into a complete crawl again. Nothing we did could get any speed out of it and I could find nothing wrong. the LED indicator on the side of the speedo would blink 4 quick green blinks and a long solid red then repeat itself.

I went and bought a brand new combo and just installed everything. Set up my radio, downloaded the latest firmware for the ESC and I am getting the exact same thing on the brand new esc and motor. Battery has never been plugged in incorrectly. The sensor wire is installed, batteries have been fully charged. The instructions say if the ESC goes to thermal protection it will blink short green blinks. That is what mine does but it only blinks 4 times then goes solid red. Then 4 green blinks and solid red. I do not see that described anywhere in the instructions. If that is thermal protection, what could be causing that on an ESC that has never been run other than to set it up. HELP Please. Tomorrow is my last opportunity to race before being off for 8 weeks of recovery from surgery. The motor seems to be running at full speed but I am concerned about the status LED. Also, running with a Futaba 7px with futaba receiver
Old 01-24-2020, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can the older EZRUN 60A-SL speed control do blinky mode?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.