HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree180Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-02-2020, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe View Post
Care to share stories about that?
lol .... I used to have that feature on until it turned off on me because my buggy was on an inclined part of the track..... never again.
Losiracer12 likes this.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
lol .... I used to have that feature on until it turned off on me because my buggy was on an inclined part of the track..... never again.
I meant the reverse polarity one.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
This feature saves time for club racers who need to turn off their equipment and get into marshal position. By not having to remove the body to turn off your ESC can save upwards of 10-30 seconds instead of stressing out the RD looking for marshals... but if a pro driver already has an entourage to marshal for them, then yeah I can see how this feature is targeted more for a club racer
I don't need to take my body off my TC to reach the power button. Also don't you usually need to leave the ESC on for post race scrutineering (blinky)?
Losiracer12 likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

I am mainly racing in blinky classes with zero timing. Is there a performance advantage to running the XR10 Pro ESC's over the XR10 Stock ESC?
bonzo915 likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quantum View Post
I am mainly racing in blinky classes with zero timing. Is there a performance advantage to running the XR10 Pro ESC's over the XR10 Stock ESC?
I haven't noticed a difference between them. Some people claim the brakes are weaker on the Stock Spec, but I turn my brakes down on both systems so can't really comment on that.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Possibly better brakes (likely won't notice in blinky stock racing), more adjustments, and reverse polarity protection.

If all you are running is blinky stock/spec classes, then I would go with the XR10 Pro Stock. If you ever plan on running below say 13.5t then get the Pro G2.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I would like to clarify that there are 3 different XR10 versions, both the "XR10 Pro" and "XR10 Stock Spec" versions offer excellent brake strength, but the cheaper "XR10 Justock" has a weak brake which is perfectly fine for running on dirt, but I have found that I need a stronger brake when running on turf/carpet in order to be more competitive in those conditions. As far as acceleration and top speed, I did not find any significant performance gain between the three systems with my 13.5T motor.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The brakes on the G2 Elite could have been better. On the highest bite surfaces with them set most aggressive and max epa they still werenít enough for my preference
Old 01-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I would like to clarify that there are 3 different XR10 versions, both the "XR10 Pro" and "XR10 Stock Spec" versions offer excellent brake strength, but the cheaper "XR10 Justock" has a weak brake which is perfectly fine for running on dirt, but I have found that I need a stronger brake when running on turf/carpet in order to be more competitive in those conditions. As far as acceleration and top speed, I did not find any significant performance gain between the three systems with my 13.5T motor.
I've seen lots of complaints about the Stock Spec having weak brakes.
quantum likes this.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

thanks all. Thats helpful
Old 01-09-2020, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

It barley has any brakes at all I have tried multiple settings
Old 01-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, I just bought a max 10, 3200kv motor and wifi express for my Stampede 4x4. I am having issues with the wifi express, I have the app on my phone (galaxy S7) and I can get my phone to connect to the wifi module but when I open the app on my phone I have a hard time getting the module to connect to the esc. I have had it connected and working once and it's back to not working. When I click the esc button in the top right of the app it says loading data but comes up to confirm wifi module is connected etc. The only way I got it to connect before was putting my phone on airplane mode but it doesn't seem to make any difference now.....No idea where to go from here
Old 01-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try keeping the phone close to the ESC the whole time. I've had no problems with iPhone and it's been very straightforward to connect to it regularly in wifi mode.
You'd know this already but you need to connect to the hw wifi network from your phone (and disconnect from whatever other network).

For troubleshooting you could try connecting where you don't have wifi internet access (or turn your router off temporarily), just in case your phone is auto re-connecting to the higher strength home network for example. If still no luck, could try deleting the network from your phone and starting again. Just some ideas.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

I put a video of my issue on youTube but can't post a link yet because I haven't made enough posts yet.

I have tried it with another phone and still the same problem. I can't even drive the truck now because it doesn't have reverse and I can't change the mode it is in. I have reinstalled the app, factory reset the module and even downloaded another .apk from hobbywings website for android and still doesn't connect.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fierogt View Post
I put a video of my issue on youTube but can't post a link yet because I haven't made enough posts yet.

I have tried it with another phone and still the same problem. I can't even drive the truck now because it doesn't have reverse and I can't change the mode it is in. I have reinstalled the app, factory reset the module and even downloaded another .apk from hobbywings website for android and still doesn't connect.
The two main tricks Iíve found in my limited experience are;

1) Change the SSID and password. If you are in a busy environment you want your unit stand apart from the noise. Keep away from microwaves and other high RF devices.

2) I found my connection required me to turn on power to the esc, and only then plug the WiFi adapter into the esc. When I plugged it in and then powered up the esc it never connected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.