HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree174Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 11-13-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Temperatures

Originally Posted by Wease View Post
Need some insight/input on my new XR10 Pro G2. I normally run a Tekin RSX, but I've had HW speeders before and wanted to give them a try again. The XR10 Pro G2 is being used in my Mod 4wd buggy on high grip clay paired with a Tekin 8.5 motor. During practice the speeder shut off the throttle about 3 minutes in to the run, but I still had steering. Battery was fully charged and hooking it back up to the charger verified there was plenty battery left. Speeder fan was on and speeder temted at 99F degrees, motor temped at 158F degrees. My previous HW speeder experience told me the LVC probably kicked in prematurely. I lowered the LVC from 3.2v to 3.0v per cell. During the first qualifier the throttle shut off again about 4 minutes in. Before the 2nd qualifier I disabled the LVC all together. 2nd qualifier, shuts off again at the 4 minute mark. Temps on the ESC were 99F and Motor were 160F again according to my temp gun. Used my program box and found the R/P button gives me the stats from the previous run. The box thought my motor was 205F degrees !! So I disabled both the ESC and Motor temp cut off and I was able to get a full run in for the 3rd qualifier. I'm pretty confident in my temp guns accuracy and even if it was not correct, I doubt it was off by 40+ degrees F. Is there anything I can do to correct the accuracy of the speeders temperature detection, or do I just need to live with it disabled? Otherwise, I really like the feel of this speeder!
I would trust the on board probe more then the temp gun. The on board probe measures the internal temperature so it is much more accurate. I also only run Hobbywing motors....
Old 11-14-2019, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
So, to follow on from this, I was very disappointed with the way Hobbywing dealt with the bad blinky braking issues that affected the older ESCs. So I need to be very confident before making a return to their brushless ESCs from LRP.

Do the XR10 Justock and XR10 Stock Spec run the same blinky software. And if they are different, is one better in terms of feel/braking etc?
I was very excited to get my G2 at the time of release and purchased 4 at once. Since then I have been highly disappointed with the on track performance and one of the 3 failing on me. I was told that warranty is not assumed which I understand but also have been racing for years and am proficient in setting up my equipment. Since this I have found something better and will no longer purchase and I canít speak for those escís but was not impressed with the brakes at all on the G2
Old 11-23-2019, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 257 (100%+)

I am having a problem with a new 10.5t G3 motor overheating badly. At first I thought it was over-geared and adjusted it but no change in over heating. Took the motor out and put it on a motor analyzer. It spools up very slowly and looked like something was dragging in it, even had a slight electrical smell. Took the motor apart, found no issues and rebuilt. End play was good, gap to sensor board was good, motor spun freely by hand, put it back on the analyzer and same effect. Changed sensor wires, no difference. Not a motor expert so I'm looking for suggestions to figure this out. Band sensor board? Bad windings? Any help is appreciated. (can't warranty it because it was purchased 6 months ago and sat until just now).
Old 11-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

What are the differences between the XR10 gen 1 and the Gen 2? I drove my mates XR10 and it's a lot smoother than my Hobbywing 120A 2.1. We both have the same car (XB4 2019) and motor (Hobbywing 6.5T G3), so I'm looking to replace my ESC. I can get the XR10 for 150 bucks while the XR10 G2 costs 215 bucks, so it's hard to decide for me.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
What are the differences between the XR10 gen 1 and the Gen 2? I drove my mates XR10 and it's a lot smoother than my Hobbywing 120A 2.1. We both have the same car (XB4 2019) and motor (Hobbywing 6.5T G3), so I'm looking to replace my ESC. I can get the XR10 for 150 bucks while the XR10 G2 costs 215 bucks, so it's hard to decide for me.
G1 doesn't have reverse polarity protection and can't reverse the motor rotation as well. Yes, the xr10 is way smoother compared to the v2.1. It has better response as well.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi.
Iím using the WiFi express module with 4 different XR10 and I have a problem seeing the profiles in my hw link app.
Every time I open it, it only shows the current selected profile but nothing else. Other images are blank and no text. After selecting another profile, itís name and icon appears.

Is there a fix for this?
Old 11-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rraden View Post
I am having a problem with a new 10.5t G3 motor overheating badly. At first I thought it was over-geared and adjusted it but no change in over heating. Took the motor out and put it on a motor analyzer. It spools up very slowly and looked like something was dragging in it, even had a slight electrical smell. Took the motor apart, found no issues and rebuilt. End play was good, gap to sensor board was good, motor spun freely by hand, put it back on the analyzer and same effect. Changed sensor wires, no difference. Not a motor expert so I'm looking for suggestions to figure this out. Band sensor board? Bad windings? Any help is appreciated. (can't warranty it because it was purchased 6 months ago and sat until just now).
My 6.5t g3 runs really hot as well with no boost or turbo hope someone has some info to solve this a friend has the exact same setup and his doesnt run nearly as hot. Checked driveline for binding tried different gearing nothing works. My motor has alot of endplay but ive seen others that are the same way
Old 12-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default hobbywing ezrun max10 4000kv

Hello, I just got a hobbywing ezrun max10 4000kv for my SC10 4x4, however it didnít seem to have the torque I was hoping for. It does have plenty of top end though. I am using it for racing and running 2s Lihv. Should I go to a lower KV motor? I also need to stay with the same size motor can. What would you recommend?
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing

Was hoping someone could help me out with a problem Iím having with my hobbywing justock esc. Running a 17.5 and when I run for a few minutes it runs good but then I lose power but when I turn the car off then turn back in then it runs normal for another few minutes then same thing happens. Please chime in for some advice. Thanks in advance
Old 12-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddosi1978 View Post
Was hoping someone could help me out with a problem Iím having with my hobbywing justock esc. Running a 17.5 and when I run for a few minutes it runs good but then I lose power but when I turn the car off then turn back in then it runs normal for another few minutes then same thing happens. Please chime in for some advice. Thanks in advance
Overheating? Maybe turn down the timing or try a different pinion?
Old 12-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
Hello, I just got a hobbywing ezrun max10 4000kv for my SC10 4x4, however it didnít seem to have the torque I was hoping for. It does have plenty of top end though. I am using it for racing and running 2s Lihv. Should I go to a lower KV motor? I also need to stay with the same size motor can. What would you recommend?
Reduce the ratio, maybe one or two teeth smaller for more torque?
Old 12-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manuelvigo View Post

The GREEN LED flashes a short, triple flash that repeats (☆☆☆, ☆☆☆,☆☆☆) indicating the continuous current has exceeded the threshold for a while and the current protection is activated.
The GREEN LED flashes a short, quadruple flash that repeats (☆☆☆☆, ☆☆☆☆, ☆☆☆☆) indicating the ESC has failed the self test and it needs to be sent back to the factory for test and repair. (In general, the problem is caused by ESC failure, or motor failure sometimes.)
Its over a year old and this is exactly what it's doing and its over a year old so I was right the esc is shot!!! I ended up buying another one before I even read this but I kept it for back up parts thanks for the reply
Old 12-02-2019, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bsthetech View Post
Reduce the ratio, maybe one or two teeth smaller for more torque?
Unfortunately that was the first thing I tried. I started at 62/13 with FDR = 12:26 and than dropped to 62/11 with FDR = 14:49. I donít have much experience with KV motors and seems the type of battery (2s vs 3s) has a big effect on the rpm and torque. Iím limited to 2s batteries. With ďturnedĒ motors itís pretty easy to understand what happens when you go up or down in turns.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bsthetech View Post
Overheating? Maybe turn down the timing or try a different pinion?
esc and motor is cool, I did turn the timing up to 43 degrees pushing 6.3 amps on the motor analyzer. Running a 72/31 spur and pinion then went down to 30 pinion because of the small track.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When using the data logger, how far back does each reading go? Is the data reset every time you turn the esc on/off? Or does it reset every time you plug it into the WiFi express? Xr10 Pro esc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.