Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree193Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phillip F
It wasn't hot. I just ran for 2 minutes with a full charge then it happened.
Are u running 1s setup? If 2s, the lvc is set for total voltage. So if u want to set it at 3.5v per cell, u should put it at 7.0v
Old 10-31-2019, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc
Are u running 1s setup? If 2s, the lvc is set for total voltage. So if u want to set it at 3.5v per cell, u should put it at 7.0v
the esc is for 2s
Old 10-31-2019, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phillip F
the esc is for 2s

Read ur manual
gigaplex likes this.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc

Read ur manual
will adjust my cutoff voltage ... thx.... see if the problems go away.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
Before I open my wallet, is there an updated version of the Stock Spec XR10 on the way?
So, to follow on from this, I was very disappointed with the way Hobbywing dealt with the bad blinky braking issues that affected the older ESCs. So I need to be very confident before making a return to their brushless ESCs from LRP.

Do the XR10 Justock and XR10 Stock Spec run the same blinky software. And if they are different, is one better in terms of feel/braking etc?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
So, to follow on from this, I was very disappointed with the way Hobbywing dealt with the bad blinky braking issues that affected the older ESCs. So I need to be very confident before making a return to their brushless ESCs from LRP.

Do the XR10 Justock and XR10 Stock Spec run the same blinky software. And if they are different, is one better in terms of feel/braking etc?
They run different software, the Stock Spec is a lot more adjustable.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Just so I am 100% sure - the old "2 in 1" program box does NOT work on the XR10 Stock Spec? I need the new Multifunction box?
Old 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So tech support sent me the wrong direction, and figured you lot would have some knowledge on the subject. Ive got a bearing squealing on the front plate of a v10g3 motor. None of the bearings that hw has available are the correct size. So I was wondering if you all are sourcing your bearings elsewhere, and if so where that might be. I've already wasted money on their "suggestion", im just trying to fix this motor. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

This is what they told me when i asked but i havent tried it yet.

Sorry we don't sell the bearing , you can try to buy from other shop. Here is the spec:
Front: D9*D4*t4
Rear: D8*D3*t4

Best Regards!
---------

I also noticed that in the roar rules in order for a motor to be approved they are supposed to have replacement parts including bearings.

I found some that size on avids site
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Need some insight/input on my new XR10 Pro G2. I normally run a Tekin RSX, but I've had HW speeders before and wanted to give them a try again. The XR10 Pro G2 is being used in my Mod 4wd buggy on high grip clay paired with a Tekin 8.5 motor. During practice the speeder shut off the throttle about 3 minutes in to the run, but I still had steering. Battery was fully charged and hooking it back up to the charger verified there was plenty battery left. Speeder fan was on and speeder temted at 99F degrees, motor temped at 158F degrees. My previous HW speeder experience told me the LVC probably kicked in prematurely. I lowered the LVC from 3.2v to 3.0v per cell. During the first qualifier the throttle shut off again about 4 minutes in. Before the 2nd qualifier I disabled the LVC all together. 2nd qualifier, shuts off again at the 4 minute mark. Temps on the ESC were 99F and Motor were 160F again according to my temp gun. Used my program box and found the R/P button gives me the stats from the previous run. The box thought my motor was 205F degrees !! So I disabled both the ESC and Motor temp cut off and I was able to get a full run in for the 3rd qualifier. I'm pretty confident in my temp guns accuracy and even if it was not correct, I doubt it was off by 40+ degrees F. Is there anything I can do to correct the accuracy of the speeders temperature detection, or do I just need to live with it disabled? Otherwise, I really like the feel of this speeder!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
Need some insight/input on my new XR10 Pro G2. I normally run a Tekin RSX, but I've had HW speeders before and wanted to give them a try again. The XR10 Pro G2 is being used in my Mod 4wd buggy on high grip clay paired with a Tekin 8.5 motor. During practice the speeder shut off the throttle about 3 minutes in to the run, but I still had steering. Battery was fully charged and hooking it back up to the charger verified there was plenty battery left. Speeder fan was on and speeder temted at 99F degrees, motor temped at 158F degrees. My previous HW speeder experience told me the LVC probably kicked in prematurely. I lowered the LVC from 3.2v to 3.0v per cell. During the first qualifier the throttle shut off again about 4 minutes in. Before the 2nd qualifier I disabled the LVC all together. 2nd qualifier, shuts off again at the 4 minute mark. Temps on the ESC were 99F and Motor were 160F again according to my temp gun. Used my program box and found the R/P button gives me the stats from the previous run. The box thought my motor was 205F degrees !! So I disabled both the ESC and Motor temp cut off and I was able to get a full run in for the 3rd qualifier. I'm pretty confident in my temp guns accuracy and even if it was not correct, I doubt it was off by 40+ degrees F. Is there anything I can do to correct the accuracy of the speeders temperature detection, or do I just need to live with it disabled? Otherwise, I really like the feel of this speeder!
You sure you meant fahrenheit? Because 205F is below the lowest option of 221F unless there's a firmware where there's an even lower option. Also, did you notice if the green led was flashing either in singles or doubles? Cause that would definitely mean the thermal protection kicked-in; esc for the earlier and motor for the latter.
Bsthetech likes this.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe
You sure you meant fahrenheit? Because 205F is below the lowest option of 221F unless there's a firmware where there's an even lower option. Also, did you notice if the green led was flashing either in singles or doubles? Cause that would definitely mean the thermal protection kicked-in; esc for the earlier and motor for the latter.

I believe I did see the Green led flashing although I didn't know what that meant at the time. Yes, I just checked my program box after our 8 min A Main and it's telling me the ESC got up to 138F, and the Motor was up to 226F. My temp gun said the motor was approx. 175F after the A Main when I temped it. At 226F I'm sure I would have smelled that motor or it would have just quit outright. The only change I made to the car was replacing the Tekin RSX with this HW XR10 Pro G2. I never had any heat issues with the Tekin. I actually don't think I'm having heat issues with this HW, I just think the HW speeder is not accurately measuring the motor temp.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I believe I did see the Green led flashing although I didn't know what that meant at the time. Yes, I just checked my program box after our 8 min A Main and it's telling me the ESC got up to 138F, and the Motor was up to 226F. My temp gun said the motor was approx. 175F after the A Main when I temped it. At 226F I'm sure I would have smelled that motor or it would have just quit outright. The only change I made to the car was replacing the Tekin RSX with this HW XR10 Pro G2. I never had any heat issues with the Tekin. I actually don't think I'm having heat issues with this HW, I just think the HW speeder is not accurately measuring the motor temp.
I just read in their manual that the motor temp is only accurate using their motors and to disable the feature if not using a HW motor.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, you can just up the temp cut off to 257 then
Old 11-11-2019, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bsthetech
I just read in their manual that the motor temp is only accurate using their motors and to disable the feature if not using a HW motor.
A Huge thank you for this! Another fine example of "I should have read the manual". I read it, but obviously not close enough. This is great to know, and is MUCH appreciated!
Bsthetech likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.