Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree90Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer View Post
Need some advice, or tech help with the XR10 PRO 160a esc running a 10.5 G3 motor.

It will not work with the sensor cable installed. I need to push the car to get it to go, or yank the throttle back and forth until the car generates enough movement. I have replaced the sensor cable at least three times, replaced the Hall sensor, and replaced the capacitor pack after noticing damage to it. After all of this I still experience the same issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any info. I've already been in contact with HW, they have been no help at all.
try tuning down your punch on start up
Cain and Knockoffracer like this.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

I don't see a punch setting on the program box. There is a quite a bit to adjust, but I have changed nothing aside from cut-off, and running mode. Is it called something else in this box? It's the one with the lipo check function.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need some advice, or tech help with the XR10 PRO 160a esc running a 10.5 G3 motor.

It will not work with the sensor cable installed. I need to push the car to get it to go, or yank the throttle back and forth until the car generates enough movement. I have replaced the sensor cable at least three times, replaced the Hall sensor, and replaced the capacitor pack after noticing damage to it. After all of this I still experience the same issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any info. I've already been in contact with HW, they have been no help at all.
can you post your settings so we can see if there is anything wrong with your adjustments? You said you noticed damage to the capacitor, did it get plugged in backwards? Have you tried another motor?
paul R.
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
can you post your settings so we can see if there is anything wrong with your adjustments? You said you noticed damage to the capacitor, did it get plugged in backwards? Have you tried another motor?
paul R.

I did reverse the polarity once. The capacitor pack was damaged in a wreck. I have used a different motor, some no-name one a friend loaned me just to try. It still displays the same issue. I'm pretty sure I nuked something in the ESC.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

I did reverse the polarity once. The capacitor pack was damaged in a wreck. I have used a different motor, some no-name one a friend loaned me just to try. It still displays the same issue. I'm pretty sure I nuked something in the ESC.
Yes...even if they still work they are never the same after you plug them in wrong. When you send it in see about an upgrade to the new G3 speedo that has reverse polarity protection.
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default XR8 plus

Hey guys my ESC won't let me do anything on it it blinks 4 green light fast what does this mean??? Thanks in advance???
Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
Yes...even if they still work they are never the same after you plug them in wrong. When you send it in see about an upgrade to the new G3 speedo that has reverse polarity protection.

Ran the car again this weekend after making some adjustments with the program card. I definitely cooked one of the stages in this thing. Which is fine for now. I'll see if HW will service the thing or just pick up a G3.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bigv View Post
Hey guys my ESC won't let me do anything on it it blinks 4 green light fast what does this mean??? Thanks in advance???
it sounds like its counting the number of cells, you are running 4 cell right? If it wont do anything else try to do a recalibration to your radio.