HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree79Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe View Post
Is there any way to access the bearing in the end bell of the bandit motors? Mine's destroyed.

Edit: Welp. Seems like I can't replace the bearing. Can't get bearing out of the hole and there doesn't seem to be any end bell replacements.
Try heating up the endbell. or find someone with a bearing tool
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

My xr8 plus lost its fan on first outing. Anyone using a better replacement than stock?
Old 05-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Capacitors

Using hw xr10 stock spec 80amp esc 2wd buggy in 17.5t blinky racing (with a single capacitor). I am fairly happy with the acceleration provided by the esc but it seems that the breaks are a bit weak. Would having 2 or 4 capacitors help in breaking? Or in general when and where would you use more capacitors? Thank you!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Hobbywing people..

I am having an issue with cogging in reverse. Tekno SCT 410.3, New Hobbywing XR8 SCT Pro ESC, LRP dynamic 4700 kv motor, 16t pinion. Zero Cogging going forward, but when going in reverse, it sounds like a hammer drill, GRRRRRRR, for a second or two, then it will take off. I am wondering if there is something in the settings that I need to address? I have other motors I can try if this doesn't start working properly. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XR8 SCT ESC / 3652SD G2 4300KV

Hi guys, I switched recently to HW in my SCT... was happy at the beginning, BUT..

XR8 SCT ESC / 3652SD G2 4300KV

I'm having the problem that after a regular jump (or hard landing), the car turns OFF. I turn it on again and it goes back to normal but the problem repeats again and again.

Sometimes, after a big jump (right after landing) I just lost TH for a few seconds (4-5 sec) while ST seems normal.

I'm kind of confused as where to start digging... I'm looking for possible answers (and similar experiences / solutions)

I don't think is a matter of temp, battery or bad soldering..... but honestly, I'm open to all suggestions.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by refsiul22 View Post
Hi guys, I switched recently to HW in my SCT... was happy at the beginning, BUT..

I'm having the problem that after a regular jump (or hard landing), the car turns OFF. I turn it on again and it goes back to normal but the problem repeats again and again.

Sometimes, after a big jump (right after landing) I just lost TH for a few seconds (4-5 sec) while ST seems normal.

I'm kind of confused as where to start digging... I'm looking for possible answers (and similar experiences / solutions)

I don't think is a matter of temp, battery or bad soldering..... but honestly, I'm open to all suggestions.
Just start ticking things off,
resolder it.
Sensor lead
Borrow a motor to test.
Borrow a esc to test
All that kind of stuff... once you find if its esc or motor or soldering, isolate it and test differnt things to do with that item.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe View Post
Is there any way to access the bearing in the end bell of the bandit motors? Mine's destroyed.

Edit: Welp. Seems like I can't replace the bearing. Can't get bearing out of the hole and there doesn't seem to be any end bell replacements.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...130624.pdf?747

breakdown of the motor

you could dry a heat gun on the bearing if its stuck..
Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...130624.pdf?747

breakdown of the motor

you could dry a heat gun on the bearing if its stuck..
Unfortunately, don't have a heat gun on me and burned the traces on the sensor board trying to get it off. My solder sucker decided to crap out on me and only had a diy wick to get the solder off. Fortunately found a used v10 g2 and a bandit g2 without a rotor bundled and used the bandit's end bell instead.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Any word on the successor to the XR10 Pro ESC?
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by refsiul22 View Post

First make sure the sensor wire is good and plugged in well, then go into settings and adjust the PVC to a lower setting maybe try a test and turn it off temporarily. I would also make sure the speedo and switch are mounted on a few layers of mounting tape to cushion the landings a bit.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
My xr8 plus lost its fan on first outing. Anyone using a better replacement than stock?
yeah racing metal fan
Old 05-17-2019, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know if you can use the Xr8 Sct ESC with a normal 540 2 pole motor? Like a HW G3 6.5t or something? Cheers
Old 05-21-2019, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I gotta tell you guys...

I am getting really really frustrated with the HW ESC. I have a brand new xerun xr8 SCT in my Tekno SCT 410.3 the first motor I tried in it was a 4800 KV LRP dynamic 4 pole with maybe two hours of run time on it. When I would try to reverse, it would cog like a Jackhammer, GRRRRRRR. I tried hybrid, and full sensored. I tried setting the reverse force to 100%, re-soldered all the joints, still cogging in reverse.

So just for kicks I installed a Flash Racing (NitroRCX) 4800 kv motor two pole motor, and everything worked fine, it just didn't seem as quick as I thought it should be.

So I changed to a new Team Power Products 4300 kv 4 pole motor, and with the LVC at 7.0 volts, I can get about two minutes of run time before the LVC kicks in. I have changed sensor wires, re-soldered all of my joints, all nice and shiny. Furthermore, with this new motor, I have no reverse. I know the TX/RX are working because the display on the ESC goes red when I hit reverse. I tried a different sensor wire, and running in hybrid, same results.

WTF is going on with this ESC?
Old Today, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Hey everyone.

I just got a 2nd hand ESC from someone and when i opened it up everything worked but i noticed that one of the soldering posts were gone. The OCD in me needs to get a new one to put in there. is there somewhere i can buy some?

Thanks!
Old Today, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by LETSDRIVE!! View Post
Hey everyone.

I just got a 2nd hand ESC from someone and when i opened it up everything worked but i noticed that one of the soldering posts were gone. The OCD in me needs to get a new one to put in there. is there somewhere i can buy some?

Thanks!
I would submit an RMA, in the past I have successfully ordered replacement cases that were cracked and I would imagine you can do the same to get replacement soldering posts.... I think they are different size posts depending on the ESC too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service